2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Glad everyone is starting to feel better! @bumbershoot & @JulieODC aging relatives is a hard situation all around. I worry so much about my IL's who are 76 & 78yo.

Is there going to be any sort of meet up?

Thanks for listening. There's a limit to the complaining I can do to dh since she's his mom. And I know my kid is still a kid so I can't really have mature discussions about "grandma" with him even though he sees her almost as much as I do and has heard most of her "I want to die" rants.

The ER staff said "you're not THAT sick" in response to her. Sick sure. Not eating and with a sky high blood sugar level yes. But not sick to the level that the lady in the room next door was!

A friend just moved her 90-something year old parents back from AZ. Thankfully they have the money to live in a swanky community (5 minutes from her) and will be able to pay for assisted living etc when it happens. But I sense a few more nights out sharing a pitcher and commiserating over Senior care with her!

My cousin that I'm doing Princess with has her mom with her but her mom is incredibly youthful. Just a couple years younger than my MIL but she's a spring chicken in comparison. As long as she has her thyroid medicine she's good. :) I'm jealous. :)

I'm looking forward to the long weekend away from these responsibilities. :)

Sorry about all that cold weather up North, but we are having some nice weather at my location and getting outside is so much better then the TM.
Got a 6 mile run in, what almost turned into a disaster ended up being my best run of the season. At mile 5 I stepped on a rock about mid foot and it started to roll out but some how (think it is my cross training for core and strength helped) I managed to remain upright.

@bumbershoot how are the altra's?

Weather looks like it might be turning to a bit of rain for Princess. As long as it isn't another Splash & Dash!

A little warmer than I like for running but given I'm not trying to PR this race and I'm getting out of Minnesota winter for a few days I will take the 80s! Although our weather lately has been in the 40s and is supposed to be in the 50s this weekend which is insanely warm for this time of year.

Yep. They definitely made an annoucenemtn before Star Wars. And people still crossed with them wrapped around their bodies...

The cold is lifting, I returned the 3 Merrells that didn't work, oh and my mother in law (that I do most of the caregiving for) called 911 on Saturday "so I can die at the hospital instead of Robert finding me at home", went to the ER, was saved and kept there from Saturday until today. So THAT was fun LOL. And we've now had conversations about how *wanting* to die at the ER isn't really that fair to ER employees, because they will generally want to try to save you, not just leave you in a hallway. (she is incredibly illogical...)

Fun fun fun.

Can I go for a jog yet? (asking my lungs, LOL)

I'm so sorry. Hugs to you! :grouphug:

I can't believe I leave a week from tomorrow! It's gone so fast! I don't feel prepared yet. I keep checking online to see if any Disney hotels open up last minute so I don't have to stay offsite. I'm not holding my breath at this point, but maybe a small miracle will happen! Is everyone as excited as I am??

I can't believe I leave a week from tomorrow! It's gone so fast! I don't feel prepared yet. I keep checking online to see if any Disney hotels open up last minute so I don't have to stay offsite. I'm not holding my breath at this point, but maybe a small miracle will happen! Is everyone as excited as I am??

If people are going to cancel they tend to do so at the last minute, which is 5 days before. Just keep checking constantly, chances are something will open. Also clear your cookies especially if you are looking at a specific rate because it will no show availability although something might actually be with a different rate

It's far too early to be worrying about FL weather. It changes in an instant here. Early mornings have stayed in the 60's and it doesn't really start to get warm until after 9am. Hopefully that trend will continue!

I hope something opens up! It's a long shot, but have you tried the travel agency that has "magical" deals? That's who I booked through.

If people are going to cancel they tend to do so at the last minute, which is 5 days before. Just keep checking constantly, chances are something will open. Also clear your cookies especially if you are looking at a specific rate because it will no show availability although something might actually be with a different rate
Thank you! This is a good idea to clear the cookies! I'll keep checking and hoping for the best! Lesson learned: even if you aren't sure you can go, book anyway!

It's far too early to be worrying about FL weather. It changes in an instant here. Early mornings have stayed in the 60's and it doesn't really start to get warm until after 9am. Hopefully that trend will continue!

I hope something opens up! It's a long shot, but have you tried the travel agency that has "magical" deals? That's who I booked through.
I haven't heard of this travel agency! I've heard of people getting last minute race bibs and such through an agency but never really known how to go about it!

Just got an email confirmation that my 10k shirt was delivered to my house this morning! Now going to try to see if I can change my night flight down next wednesday to a morning flight because I can't get there soon enough! lol Had to book a night flight cus my new baby niece was due to arrive that morning but she surprised us and was born last Friday! And since I already took the whole day off work, waiting around all day for my flight just seems like torture! So excited the races are almost here! Wish I was a little more prepared Ive been slacking with my runs lately but at this point, can't keep dwelling on it, I'm sure everything will work out lol

@bumbershoot how are the altra's?

The smaller ones are decent. I keep forgetting to try the bigger ones. Obviously I'm in denial about this weekend coming up.

Weather looks like it might be turning to a bit of rain for Princess. As long as it isn't another Splash & Dash!

Oh wouldn't that be something? Packing the vaseline for the feet just in case!

It's miserable and snowing again here today. 10 more inches expected. I could really use a merchandise or Tinkerbell medal/Dooney preview to brighten my day!

I think I saw medals mentioned in the subject line of the thread for the tinkerbell run today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter