2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I would wait on the treat trails until the second half of the party. The lines seemed markedly shorter after fireworks. In general, the second parade is also less busy than the first, but with little ones, it might be hard to keep them awake that late. Last year, the first parade was at 8:30 pm, the fireworks were at 9:30 pm and the second parade was at 10:30 pm (regardless of when the party started).

thank you! So if the party starts at 6pm, when does the pre-party usually start and when would we need to line up? Sorry if this is somewhere else in the thread :)

The pre-party traditionally starts one hour before the party and lasts until one hour after the party starts. So for a 6:00 pm party start, the Toontown Pre-Party is generally from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Personally, I would probably head over there around 4:30 pm or so, but it's not critical to me to see all of the characters and do all of the trick-or-treating. Just note that they don't usually announce the pre-party, so we won't know for sure about it until reports come in from the first night.

I haven't done one of the pre-parties. I thought it was just characters, but it sounds like trick or treating, too? I've read "lots of candy" several times. Is it a lot as in you have to carry around a bag of candy all night? I was thinking of doing my trick or treating really late just so I wouldn't have to carry around so much candy during the party.

You don't have to do the trick-or-treating...there were treat trails through Minnie's House, Mickey's House, and Donald's Boat (plus maybe one over by Roger Rabbit (I can't remember for sure)), each with multiple candy stations. So it's possible to accumulate a lot of candy during the pre-party. I think you could fill half of the bag they give you for trick-or-treating without much difficulties (maybe more)...that being said, for the most part it's the same candy you'll find at the treat trails throughout the park, so you don't have to get candy at that point. I think they offer this because for some folks, getting a lot of candy is one of the main goals of MHP.

(One option: we usually have a locker, so we go to the pre-party, do some trick-or-treating, then drop off the candy at the locker so we don't have to carry it around.)

You don't have to do the trick-or-treating...there were treat trails through Minnie's House, Mickey's House, and Donald's Boat (plus maybe one over by Roger Rabbit (I can't remember for sure)), each with multiple candy stations. So it's possible to accumulate a lot of candy during the pre-party. I think you could fill half of the bag they give you for trick-or-treating without much difficulties (maybe more)...that being said, for the most part it's the same candy you'll find at the treat trails throughout the park, so you don't have to get candy at that point. I think they offer this because for some folks, getting a lot of candy is one of the main goals of MHP.

(One option: we usually have a locker, so we go to the pre-party, do some trick-or-treating, then drop off the candy at the locker so we don't have to carry it around.)

Thank you for saying this! We were just wondering about it. Do you grab your locker right before the party or do you get it during the day?

Hmm... I really don't want to carry candy around with me all night but I still want some! Do the trick or treat trails stay open until the end of the party? I'm thinking if we hit those up last we won't have to carry the candy around with us all night.

Thank you for saying this! We were just wondering about it. Do you grab your locker right before the party or do you get it during the day?
We usually spend the whole day in the parks, so we get a locker when we get there in morning.

Hmm... I really don't want to carry candy around with me all night but I still want some! Do the trick or treat trails stay open until the end of the party? I'm thinking if we hit those up last we won't have to carry the candy around with us all night.
Yes, as far as I remember, the treat trails stay open right up until the end of the party. I recall going through some of the trails during the last half hour of the party and getting lots of candy at that point. I wouldn't wait until the very tail end of the party (just because you won't get to do all that many trails), but if you concentrated your trick-or-treating in the last hour or so, you can get a lot of candy. Some of the trails are more themed than others (Golden Horseshoe and Rancho del Zocalo come to mind).

Do you guys think the party on 27th Oct will be more popular than the 31st.. Friday being more accessible than a Tuesday? what do you guys think?

My guess is that both parties will sell out. Last year, the Saturday (10/29/16) party sold out before the Halloween night party (Monday, 10/31/16). So there is a chance that the same thing will happen again this year.

So I'm just going to assume that my party will be sold out. Anyone feel like answering some more questions?

Can a decent amount of the special party characters be met during one party? I don't really intend to go on rides or watch the parade.

Is anything special done for the HM at DL? I suppose it will be done up in the NBC overlay, but anything beyond that for the parties?

So I'm just going to assume that my party will be sold out. Anyone feel like answering some more questions?

Can a decent amount of the special party characters be met during one party? I don't really intend to go on rides or watch the parade.

Is anything special done for the HM at DL? I suppose it will be done up in the NBC overlay, but anything beyond that for the parties?
The normal overlay itself is crazy awesome, I can't even imagine how they could do more!

I haven't noticed that the CMs at the Haunted Mansion do anything extra during MHP. I love that touch at MNSSHP, but haven't seen anything like it at DL.

I was just curious. At WDW, the cast members get to wear ghost make up and there are extra fog effects and such.
There are fog effects on the Rivers of America. It does really add a spooky element to the Cadaver Dans! It also makes the Columbia look really spooky.

Does anyone know if they do the Pirate League at Disneyland during Halloween time?

I seem to recall reading an old post that they have offered it in the past.

Otherwise, does one of the face painting kiosks in Downtown Disney do a pirate themed face painting?

TIA!

So has anyone heard about any add on events?

Didn't they have one last year that included a meal at Blue Bayou with villains and a seat for the fireworks in front of the castle?

They're offering the Blue Bayou Dining Package again this year. It includes reserved viewing of the Frightfully Fun Parade, but no reserved viewing of the fireworks. From what I can tell, any reservation after 4:00 pm on a party night is for the dining package (doesn't look like there is a non-dining package option after 4:00 pm). They did have the Mystical Spirits Premium Dining Package in 2015, which included fireworks viewing, but they didn't bring that back last year.

I once read about a fireworks strategy re: the DL parade from IASW to sit near IASW but then walk behind the tail of the parade, stop at the castle and wait for fireworks w/ a perfect view. Is that also possible during the party? Does the headless horseman depart from IASW as well? We are not much for waiting for a parade. We tend to show up right before it starts and are ok being 2-3 people back (we can pick up DD7). Since this is our first (and possibly only) party experience, we want to be able to enjoy rides and party events as much as possible and don't want to sit on a curb 1+ hours waiting for the parade but also want to see the fireworks w/ projections on the castle.

Last year they had these scarecrows on stilts taking pictures at the pre-party. They were really cool. They also have a photo op that says Mickeys Halloween party as well as Mickey & Minnie dressed in their Halloween costumes. I always head to the pre-party as its a pretty cool way to start out the night.

I once read about a fireworks strategy re: the DL parade from IASW to sit near IASW but then walk behind the tail of the parade, stop at the castle and wait for fireworks w/ a perfect view. Is that also possible during the party? Does the headless horseman depart from IASW as well? We are not much for waiting for a parade. We tend to show up right before it starts and are ok being 2-3 people back (we can pick up DD7). Since this is our first (and possibly only) party experience, we want to be able to enjoy rides and party events as much as possible and don't want to sit on a curb 1+ hours waiting for the parade but also want to see the fireworks w/ projections on the castle.
The Headless Horseman rode before both parades last year. He headed from IaSW to MS before the first parade and from MS to IaSW before the second parade (basically, he rides in the same direction as the parade). He steps off before the parade does, so if you wait until the last minute, you might miss him.

Regarding following the parade, I don't how that works anymore. I saw reports saying that they didn't allow guests to follow PtN all the way to MS (I think they forced them to go into Tomorrowland somehow), so you might see if you can find out anymore about that and whether they did that for the Frightfully Fun Parade as well. (Although, my guess is that if you did that, you'll be standing in the street to watch to the fireworks. The prime area in front of the castle will probably already be full by that point. The parade starts at 8:30 pm and fireworks are at 9:30 pm, so there will still be some waiting.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter