2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Did someone order an orb? :teeth:

Going Green by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Red Halloween Screams by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Halloween Screams by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Sorry but I can't help you with a place to watch that won't require investing time to stake out a spot. Definitely something to the left as you fact the castle, but no idea how early you would need to arrive. We were right up in front of the hub so no trees to block our view. We got there pretty early, but lots of people filled in space right up until the last minute. It would be worth at least checking out to see how packed it is closer to show time.

Your photos are amazing!

Hi - we have eaten at CO a few times and liked it. I thought we would order the Monte Cristo and Pommes Frites to share - I forgot that he didn't really like the MC last time (he's 11) so we were going to order something else. My son wanted to order the steak and potatoes but on ordering the server said it could only be served medium. He questioned her on that saying he didn't like any blood. She said it is served very pink. I said can we have it cooked med - well and response was - no, we can't do that. Ok then....
I'm not a huge fan of chef's telling you how they will only cook your steak a certain way. We have a couple of places at home 'like that' but generally it is 'we recommend it medium - if you want to order well done it's at your own risk - no complaints' - or the like.
So.... it was their loss. We intended to order 2 x entrees but instead just had a couple of starters - pommes & house salad - which were both very good BTW.
I thought we were going to run in to the same problem at BB last night & told him we would have to make do do & find something to order (he's actually not very fussy, he just - like me - doesn't like red / pink steak).
No problems there though - they were perfectly happy to serve the steak (surf & turf) any way requested.

(Off topic nitpicky information because it's a pet peeve of mine: it's a protein called myoglobin that causes that red color. Not blood. There is no blood in pink or even red steaks.)

Okay. Now I'm fascinated. Since you were planning to share the Monte Cristo before, that means you weren't doing a Fantastic meal, correct? Just a meal?

I've seen a poster who said it was the same experience you had (with the "can only be cooked to medium") and when they got it, it was not steak but rather akin to presliced roast beef. But that was for a Fantasmic meal.

But another poster said they got the same thing, but it was real steak and cooked to how they wanted it. That was for just a meal (not a show one).

But if you weren't getting a Fantasmic meal, then that's another time they've done the steak and potatoes differently (and in my opinion, not an actual steak). Agreed that one shouldn't be forced to have it cooked a certain way.

I can't see the orb in any of these photos? I'm trying to figure out where we should try to get a spot without waiting forever. In the disney tourist blog, they said they were halfway down mainstreet and the photo posted had the orb way over the trees. My daughter is 52 inches, so while she might not be able to see the castle well, I thought if I was along main street, she could enjoy the projection effects along there during the show?

Can anyone speak about how the crowds have been for the 2nd parades? Are they still easier to get a decent spot than the 1st parade? Do they vary in times on tues or fri nights because of the different closing times?

Well the one from “coke corner” and the one from the train station are not at a party so no orb to see.
The one from the hub, I could see about 1/3 the orb if I craned my neck but it wasn’t ideal, again I did show up at the end of the 1st parade to get that spot and didn’t want to risk getting a worse spot.
A couple of years ago we watched from back near the pumpkin and to the Tomorrowland side a bit and had a clear view.
We got a spot easily for the. 2nd parade at the hub, 1st tow behind the curb with the curb sitting, 10-15 minutes before the parade.
The parade times are the same at each party.

Sorry but I can't help you with a place to watch that won't require investing time to stake out a spot. Definitely something to the left as you fact the castle, but no idea how early you would need to arrive. We were right up in front of the hub so no trees to block our view. We got there pretty early, but lots of people filled in space right up until the last minute. It would be worth at least checking out to see how packed it is closer to show time.

Your photos are so amazing!

(Off topic nitpicky information because it's a pet peeve of mine: it's a protein called myoglobin that causes that red color. Not blood. There is no blood in pink or even red steaks.)

Okay. Now I'm fascinated. Since you were planning to share the Monte Cristo before, that means you weren't doing a Fantastic meal, correct? Just a meal?

I've seen a poster who said it was the same experience you had (with the "can only be cooked to medium") and when they got it, it was not steak but rather akin to presliced roast beef. But that was for a Fantasmic meal.

But another poster said they got the same thing, but it was real steak and cooked to how they wanted it. That was for just a meal (not a show one).

But if you weren't getting a Fantasmic meal, then that's another time they've done the steak and potatoes differently (and in my opinion, not an actual steak). Agreed that one shouldn't be forced to have it cooked a certain way.

No, this was just a normal reservation for an early dinner before MHP.
We had our BB Fantasmic pkg booked the next night for 2 of us.

I can't see the orb in any of these photos? I'm trying to figure out where we should try to get a spot without waiting forever. In the disney tourist blog, they said they were halfway down mainstreet and the photo posted had the orb way over the trees. My daughter is 52 inches, so while she might not be able to see the castle well, I thought if I was along main street, she could enjoy the projection effects along there during the show?

Can anyone speak about how the crowds have been for the 2nd parades? Are they still easier to get a decent spot than the 1st parade? Do they vary in times on tues or fri nights because of the different closing times?

A couple of years ago we watched from back near the pumpkin and to the Tomorrowland side a bit and had a clear view

12291227_10153343305592983_6061702895256318458_o.jpg

We may have been closer than I rememberd. (not a great photo!)

Wow those are beautiful pics!! Yes I was the one asking about the orb. This is perfect! Now I know where to look for it. Thank you so much for sharing!!

This will be our first time doing the Mickey's Halloween Party. This may be a crazy question but I really love the beignets from New Orleans square. When we enter at 4:00 should I head straight there to get them or will it be open during the party? Just not sure what stores/restuarants will be open during the party? Thank you so much!

This will be our first time doing the Mickey's Halloween Party. This may be a crazy question but I really love the beignets from New Orleans square. When we enter at 4:00 should I head straight there to get them or will it be open during the party? Just not sure what stores/restuarants will be open during the party? Thank you so much!

Yes you will be able to get them! We ate at French Market last year around 5ish and grabbed some beignets right after.

In New Orleans during the party Royal Street Veranda, Blue Bayou, Mint Julep Bar and Cafe Orleans are open.

Has anyone seen any fun costumes? We saw someone dressed as the Storytellers statue. He was completely bronzed and even had a little bronze Mickey on a suitcase. Great costume! We also saw someone dressed as the Bird Woman from Mary Poppins. She had a stuffed pigeon on her shoulder. :) Very original. There was a Snow White group with someone dressed as the poison apple. And a couple dressed as a Dapper Figment and Dream Finder -- very nice!

We saw someone dressed as Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beasts, he looked great!!!

Does Oogie Boogie meet and greet anywhere in the parks? I’ve noticed he’s out in Florida and Hong Kong. Seems like a missed opportunity not to have it at DCA since the Halloween Time ads have focused on him.

Fyi, Halloween seasonal food offerings sell out early in the day. Candy corn macaroons, carsland pot pie, and batwing ice cream at clarabels were all sold out tonight!

Does Oogie Boogie meet and greet anywhere in the parks? I’ve noticed he’s out in Florida and Hong Kong. Seems like a missed opportunity not to have it at DCA since the Halloween Time ads have focused on him.

No, I had expected as much as well and was really excited.
To be honest I expected the preparty to be in that dead space whee the Mad Tea Party was in DCA hosted by Oogie.

I talked to several CMs during the day and at the party to confirm as was told I could “see” him in the Haunted Masion.

I was at MNSSHP in Florida a few weeks ago and Oogie Boogie was not out for meet and greets. He was in the parade and the Hocus Pocus stage show,though.

I'm trying to figure out where we should try to get a spot without waiting forever.
I wasn't planning on staking out a spot, but came out of a gift shop right as the fireworks were starting. We stood in the street right next to Starbucks and had a full view of the orb. It was actually a very good view overall and I don't like to wait for stuff, it so it was perfect in that we didn't wait. We just stood there when it started.

I would rate our view as very good. The only thing blocking it was a balloon from an adult in an ECV a couple people ahead of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter