2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

A question around alcohol, and guessing not just at F&W but anywhere on site and Orlando generally - what ID is accepted and how likely is it to get asked for ID. (Asking after seeing the DL thread, where another kiwi was id'd every time, and needed her passport - is that a state thing, or will we need to carry our passports around with us? We aren't young enough to need to be asked, both in our 40s, lol).

I am in my mid-50s. I got asked for ID yesterday at Epcot.

One note on allergies... there is very little the booths can do. The food is generally cooked someplace else and plated at the booths. So while they can leave off the sauce or something they can't do anything about basic ingredients or cooking methods.

A question around alcohol, and guessing not just at F&W but anywhere on site and Orlando generally - what ID is accepted and how likely is it to get asked for ID. (Asking after seeing the DL thread, where another kiwi was id'd every time, and needed her passport - is that a state thing, or will we need to carry our passports around with us? We aren't young enough to need to be asked, both in our 40s, lol).
You'll need your passport. Alternatively, you can carry your drivers license and a copy of your passport.

They will usually ID anyone who looks under the age of 35. Good idea to have your Driver's license if you aren't comfortable carrying your passport around. Have fun!

Not excited about the Avacados booth. I'm horribly allergic. Ugh. Is the India booth still a thing or did they get rid of it?! That's the one I was most excited for.

Great post! And speaking of International Gateway, I wonder how crowded it might get now that the gondolas will be getting constructed. :confused3 As of now they only have the lawn area blocked off, but I don't know of anyone who has a timeline as to how construction will progress/affect IG.
Rumor is the gondola system will open in 2019, in time for Star Wars land and the Caribbean Beach DVC. I would think that Disney would need to expand the area around IG as there are going to be lots more people going through the entrance in the future. There may be some official news on the gondola system at the D23 Expo which is coming up in a few weeks.

My experience at F&W has been they check your ID routinely. They will also check ID's for the beverage seminars and any culinary demonstration that serves alcohol. I would think it would be fairly obvious that I'm not even close to 21 (or even 35) but yet I'm asked for ID.

I am in my mid-50s. I got asked for ID yesterday at Epcot.

One note on allergies... there is very little the booths can do. The food is generally cooked someplace else and plated at the booths. So while they can leave off the sauce or something they can't do anything about basic ingredients or cooking methods.

About allergies: Last year, they had markings identifying food if they were gluten free or vegetarian. They also identified kid friendly food.

Attachments

• IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 10
Re posting my earlier question as I think it got lost in the alcohol discussion stream. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...

"Our Epcot day is Friday Day 2 of F&W. thoughts on crowds, should we switch our Epcot day to Thursday day 1? We are not 1000% into the festival maybe pop in to check things out here and there. But don't want the crowds to put any dampers on our park day and strolling thru world showcase.

What would you do?"

Re posting my earlier question as I think it got lost in the alcohol discussion stream. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...

"Our Epcot day is Friday Day 2 of F&W. thoughts on crowds, should we switch our Epcot day to Thursday day 1? We are not 1000% into the festival maybe pop in to check things out here and there. But don't want the crowds to put any dampers on our park day and strolling thru world showcase.

What would you do?"
I've never been the first few days of the festival. From pictures I've seen posted in the past the first day & weekend are insanely crowded. I don't think there is going to be much difference between Thursday & Friday because on day 1 which is Thursday all the bloggers will be there tasting so they can report reviews on their blogs.

What would you do?"

Typically, Thursdays should be less crowded than Fridays, with the exception being the first Thursday of the event. Having said that, you may want to go on Thursday. If you enjoy it immensely, go back on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter