2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

Going today to Disney Springs to check out their holiday tree trail, hopefully it has also been improved

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! If you have a chance, please report back on how much time you think guest should allow to get through the trail!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! If you have a chance, please report back on how much time you think guest should allow to get through the trail!
I'll be live streaming at 3 from DS if you want to watch along. I can't post a link per disboard guidelines but the info of my page is on my signature

Skip It

The Christmas Tree Trail

Last year Disney introduced a Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs. On paper, it sounded really interesting: a trail of Christmas trees, each distinctly decorated based on your favorite Disney characters and movies.

The trail felt like an afterthought. It was tucked away near the bus drop off by Wolfgang Puck Express and felt more like an old popup Christmas Tree lot than anything Disney would put together. In Disney’s defense, this was a late addition to the holiday offerings and I’d like to give Disney one more year before deeming this a “fail”.

I wouldn’t go out of my way to see the Christmas Tree Trail—you’d be disappointed. If you happen to find yourself in Disney Springs, then feel free to check it out, but for now I’d consider it a “skip”.

May be your opinion. We found it a quaint and charming little display and worth the time to stroll leisurely down the trail!

Does anyone know if they will ever bring back The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special ???
We loved that show at Hollywood Studios

I'll be live streaming at 3 from DS if you want to watch along. I can't post a link per disboard guidelines but the info of my page is on my signature

I loved your live stream, thank you!! I felt like I was there with you, LOL! The trails looks really fun - I love the music!

The Disney springs tree trail definitely improved.
They added trees and also cute posters along the wall, they also created a walkway with wooden walls and added "naked" green and white trees to fill up empty spaces. It's very cute
Santa meet was also moved to this location

The Disney springs tree trail definitely improved.
They added trees and also cute posters along the wall, they also created a walkway with wooden walls and added "naked" green and white trees to fill up empty spaces. It's very cute
Santa meet was also moved to this location
Any characters out? They had Mickey and Pluto meeting at their respective trees on Thursday night.

I’m not sure about characters, but I read the stilt walkers will be out later in the evening.
Characters were out on Thursday in the tree trail. Just was checking if that’s a reoccurring thing or just one time. Stilt walkers should be in the marketplace area of Disney Springs.

Characters were out on Thursday in the tree trail. Just was checking if that’s a reoccurring thing or just one time. Stilt walkers should be in the marketplace area of Disney Springs.
I was there Tuesday night around 9pm and didn’t see any characters but there were two stilts by the DJ. The trail was really cool and the DJ was fun! There were also a couple of photopass photographers roaming around offering to take guests’ photos at any of the trees. I really enjoyed it!

Here's what we want to hit up at HS. We'll have 1 night to get in it. Anyone have any guesses about how much time we'll want to spend? Specially wondering about Sunset Greetings. How much time are people spending there?

And the tag on the Frozen show. Is that all shows? Does that end on 12/31?

I would love to so JBJB and the dessert party but if we can't fit in everything the Sunset Seasons stuff is higher priority. The night we are there is one that will have Star Wars fireworks later but we won't be trying to see them. We'll do those another night later in the trip

Sunset Seasons Greetings — Holiday scenes will be projected onto the Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) and will feature your favorite Disney characters, including Minnie and Mickey, characters from Toy Story, the Muppets and Olaf.

A new friend joins the cast of ‘For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration’ – Holiday fun continues at the Hyperion Theater as Anna, Elsa and Kristoff welcome Olaf to this popular sing-along celebration. Just for the holidays, the popular show will include, all-new songs from Disney’s new animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.”

Not a must DO but a would like to fit in, possibly with dessert party -
“Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” – The holiday-themed show combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects, and Christmas music to create a one-of-a-kind holiday experience, capped off by Santa himself. The show returns on November 9th and will run through December 30th, 2017.,

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already, I haven't had time to scroll through the entire thread. The hours for the International Festival of the Holidays (or whatever it's called) at Epcot are listed as 9am-9pm. Does this mean the World Showcase will be open at 9am instead of the usual 11am through the holidays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter