2020 DVC Reservation-No Tickets

MilwaukeeMom

Mouseketeer
After checking the DVC reservation system, there’s no rooms available during the week we have our vacation booked. That’s every room in Disney DVC is taken. Wonder how DVC will decide who gets to buy tickets. Certainly everyone doesn’t have an annual pass. Will there be madness on the internet or phone lines? Will it be first booked, first invited to purchase? I don’t know who is making these decisions, but they are making people hate their membership. Inquiring minds want to know!

My vote is for madness on the internet and phone lines. The pages will crash, you won't be able to log in, the phone lines will be full and you won't be able to get through. Finally, a few people will succeed and get tickets, and many others will not. Additionally, it will not only be DVC reservations fighting for those tickets, you will be fighting with all the cash hotel guests who have hotel reservations without tickets.

I guess I’m confused about when these tickets are actually available to purchase. I read it would be later this summer. I walked my reservation for my daughter’s 21 birthday which just happens to be New Years Eve. I’m guessing the odds are against me 😐

My vote is for madness on the internet and phone lines. The pages will crash, you won't be able to log in, the phone lines will be full and you won't be able to get through. Finally, a few people will succeed and get tickets, and many others will not. Additionally, it will not only be DVC reservations fighting for those tickets, you will be fighting with all the cash hotel guests who have hotel reservations without tickets.
I thought hotel people could rebook and add tickets already.

Nonesense. Disney has done this plenty of times and that has never happened. I mean it's been ages since Disney IT has not been up to task of online reservations! They do this all th....

(looks back on my calendar to Monday) Oh wait. Nevermind. I withdraw my comment.

As of today, 2021 tickets for sale is supposed to be June 28th...though it was supposed to be June 24th according to some CMs and Disneys original annoucement.

2020 dates not yet announced.

In terms of who gets them, it will be based on when you buy...they will show you if there are park openings before purchase so you know ahead of time.

It doesn’t sound like it is tied to your reservation. It obviously will mean DVC owners going at traditionally busy times buying tickets much earlier than normal.

As of today, 2021 tickets for sale is supposed to be June 28th...though it was supposed to be June 24th according to some CMs and Disneys original annoucement.

2020 dates not yet announced.

In terms of who gets them, it will be based on when you buy...they will show you if there are park openings before purchase so you know ahead of time.

It doesn’t sound like it is tied to your reservation. It obviously will mean DVC owners going at traditionally busy times buying tickets much earlier than normal.
Do you think DVC members will at least get an email saying when we can buy tickets? I’m going to have my whole family trying for this 😊 you only turn 21 once in a lifetime

Do you think DVC members will at least get an email saying when we can buy tickets? I’m going to have my whole family trying for this 😊 you only turn 21 once in a lifetime

Unfortunately, I do not...I don’t think DVC would be the one anyway, but since they announced openings, the communication from Disney parks and resorts has been horrible, IMO.

I am monitoring it closely and have a few who are as well and definitely will keep people up to date just in case.

Right now 2021 for the 28th is what we are shooting for and I am hearing 2020 could be sooner rather than later. Hoping that proves true!

I thought hotel people could rebook and add tickets already.
You did not specifically state it in your OP, but I assumed you were referring to a 2020 week (because those are the only weeks with no availability on the DVC side). As several have stated, if your reservation is in 2021, yes hotel guests can rebook and add tickets. If however, the hotel stay, DVC stay, or off property stay is in 2020, no one can buy tickets yet. The only word from Disney on 2020 tickets is later this Summer. After this Sunday anyone with a ticket (with resort, with AP, or just plain ol' with a ticket) can reserve a park. Once Disney gets a chance to see what availability looks like at that point, they may release tickets (for specific dates that still have park availability?). We do not know what assumptions, if any, they have made as to when they go from 30% to additional capacity. So who knows, as capacity changes 6 months from now, additional ticket could get released. Unfortunately, no firm plans communicated and I am guessing, no firm plans have been set since no one knows what is going to happen in the coming months. The best we can do is make plans based on the current situation and each persons comfort level. To the original question, who will get preference?
For 2021 stays - here was the batting order
June 24th - People with existing cash reservations could modify to add tickets
June 24th - People could book new cash hotel packages that included tickets (although the wording in the announcement indicated this would happen on the 28th)
June 28th - People can buy tickets for 2021 (we believe this will not include new AP's)
June 28th - DVC room only can add tickets - this is really not a unique category - We are just buying tickets in the standard 28th release

With 2020 tickets you have the same basic 4 groups - Add a new room package, Add tickets to an existing hotel room, Buy tickets, and add tickets to a DVC room (once again - could be the same as just buy tickets). Once they roll out the announcement, we will know where we stand in the pecking order. Will these all be one day, or will they stagger them. Based on the 2021 rollout, we better hope for one big release. If they stagger them, the precedent is DVC guests without 2020 tickets will not be in the first group getting a chance.

You did not specifically state it in your OP, but I assumed you were referring to a 2020 week (because those are the only weeks with no availability on the DVC side). As several have stated, if your reservation is in 2021, yes hotel guests can rebook and add tickets. If however, the hotel stay, DVC stay, or off property stay is in 2020, no one can buy tickets yet. The only word from Disney on 2020 tickets is later this Summer. After this Sunday anyone with a ticket (with resort, with AP, or just plain ol' with a ticket) can reserve a park. Once Disney gets a chance to see what availability looks like at that point, they may release tickets (for specific dates that still have park availability?). We do not know what assumptions, if any, they have made as to when they go from 30% to additional capacity. So who knows, as capacity changes 6 months from now, additional ticket could get released. Unfortunately, no firm plans communicated and I am guessing, no firm plans have been set since no one knows what is going to happen in the coming months. The best we can do is make plans based on the current situation and each persons comfort level. To the original question, who will get preference?
For 2021 stays - here was the batting order
June 24th - People with existing cash reservations could modify to add tickets
June 24th - People could book new cash hotel packages that included tickets (although the wording in the announcement indicated this would happen on the 28th)
June 28th - People can buy tickets for 2021 (we believe this will not include new AP's)
June 28th - DVC room only can add tickets - this is really not a unique category - We are just buying tickets in the standard 28th release

With 2020 tickets you have the same basic 4 groups - Add a new room package, Add tickets to an existing hotel room, Buy tickets, and add tickets to a DVC room (once again - could be the same as just buy tickets). Once they roll out the announcement, we will know where we stand in the pecking order. Will these all be one day, or will they stagger them. Based on the 2021 rollout, we better hope for one big release. If they stagger them, the precedent is DVC guests without 2020 tickets will not be in the first group getting a chance.

No one can add a 2020 package, even cash guests.

Other than DVC resort bookings, everything for 2020 is shut down for sales...tickets, APs and cash resort bookings

I think we will see more concrete details in the next two weeks. Once we get past next week, anyone who currently has 2020 tickets or AP's will have had at least a week to make their park reservations through the end of this year. That will give Disney time to review how much capacity is left and decide how to handle ticket sales. But I do expect that people with onsite reservations (DVC or cash) would be given priority to buy tickets since the Mouse already has their commitment to be onsite.

I think we will see more concrete details in the next two weeks. Once we get past next week, anyone who currently has 2020 tickets or AP's will have had at least a week to make their park reservations through the end of this year. That will give Disney time to review how much capacity is left and decide how to handle ticket sales. But I do expect that people with onsite reservations (DVC or cash) would be given priority to buy tickets since the Mouse already has their commitment to be onsite.

I definitely think your assessment matches the thinking of Disney. The later this summer remark was put out more because they had no idea who would actually book...now, they do, and as you said, once current ticket holders off site have a chance to try, they really can open up 2020 ticket sales.

Right now, you have resort guests with tickets who may have no real clue that they should be booking if they didn’t get the email...

No one can add a 2020 package, even cash guests.

Other than DVC resort bookings, everything for 2020 is shut down for sales...tickets, APs and cash resort bookings
I think that is what I said. Disney have said they will open up stuff in 2020 coming soon, but no details about priority groups and the process. When they do finally announce that, it will have the details about what possible group could exist and what the specific dates could be. The OP's original question was, if and when they offer ticket sales for 2020, what priorities and system do we think they will use.

I think that is what I said. Disney have said they will open up stuff in 2020 coming soon, but no details about priority groups and the process. When they do finally announce that, it will have the details about what possible group could exist and what the specific dates could be. The OP's original question was, if and when they offer ticket sales for 2020, what priorities and system do we think they will use.

Sorry...I misread the post. From some of the rumors I am hearing, right now, none.

But, many of the initial plans were tweaked in actual roll out too, so it may be that onsite guests are given a few days advance sale days.

It was done for park reservations, so it certainly could happen!

It would be wonderful if someone who has the 2020 ticket info could post it somewhere when they know exact dates. DVC never sends me any emails even though I’ve checked all the boxes on my account. I’m afraid I’ll miss it.

I will update this thread when I hear!
I'm confused - at first we thought DVC reservations could add tickets to a 2021 reservation on Monday, but that was a bust - and then I could have sworn (!!) that I then heard, it was Friday, the 26th..and now the 28th? What is coming out on the 26th??

or am I making that up?? which is totally possible at this point.. :crazy2:

I'm confused - at first we thought DVC reservations could add tickets to a 2021 reservation on Monday, but that was a bust - and then I could have sworn (!!) that I then heard, it was Friday, the 26th..and now the 28th? What is coming out on the 26th??

or am I making that up?? which is totally possible at this point.. :crazy2:

You're not crazy, don't worry lol

On the 26th, Annual passholders can make park reservations. On the 28th, tickets for 2021 can be purchased and added to existing room reservations, packages for 2021 can be booked for Good Neighbor hotels, and I believe on that date they are also opening park reservations to anyone that currently has regular tickets but no onsite reservations for 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter