2020 Watch??

2 week dry dock in England?

Not sure we have the facilities, but she could perhaps hop over to France for it - although then it would have made more sense for the European cruise to end in France and not Dover.

Perhaps a private charter? Is that likely for 2 weeks in September, from Dover?

I want to do a 4 night Dream Merry Time. Other than going cheapest possible is one better than another?

I’m surprised Disney didn't offer another pair of one-way cruises between Vancouver and Honolulu.
I'm not from what I've heard and read the Fall Hawaiian sailing they almost had to give away rooms. I think too many families are back in school to take that amount of time off in the fall. Spring makes more sense end of the school year and around spring break people can take the longer time off.

I wonder (pun not intended) what’s going on with the Magic after mid-November. I see it going over to Miami and then nothing for the rest of the year, unless I’m missing something.

I called DCL and spoke with a cast member about this. He said he had no idea what was going on with the Magic. He then put me on hold and tried to find out what was up. He was gone quite a while and said that no one had any info on the Magic after Mid-November. He seemed surprised at that. He also said that the info may come into the system at any point, so keep checking. Maybe it is just not ready for publication yet.

Curiouser and curiouser. . . . . . . .

A cruise is better than none, but.... boring. Too many Nassau visits, even cutting the Fantasy to shorter cruises.

A cruise is better than none, but.... boring. Too many Nassau visits, even cutting the Fantasy to shorter cruises.

I noticed that too... seems like she is taking over the shorter cruises from FL during the holiday season while the Magic is MIA...? :scratchin

Cadiz perhaps then. Or one of the other European drydock facilities.

Hamburg has a dry dock, the Dream was briefly there before delivery and after sea trials. That's just a short hop from Dover. If they were to go to Cadiz I think it would make more sense to start the TA from Barcelona instead of going all the way back to Dover. But who knows with Disney...

Am I overlooking the Magic not doing the 7-night with a Port Canaveral stop? The one year I finally want to book that itinerary and I don’t see it. :headache:

Have Disney ever done a panama with merrytime before (know doing it this year). Just curious if there be merrytime stuff the whole two weeks (on Halloween one on panama last year the decs were up all the time)

My sentiments entirely. One big yawn. When are DCL ever going to offer anything new?

That's now 3 years running with effectively the same WBTA itinerary and it's not even a decent length, only 10 days. I wouldn't mind visiting the same ports so much if only it was a longer cruise.

I've been waiting on this itinerary too. So disappointing. RCL's WBTA includes stops in Iceland and Greenland. Not a dig on Canada and Ireland or anything, but DCL could have done something similar, especially since the first week of October puts you at a good chance of seeing the Northern Lights. Maybe too much ice in the water though? They had teased at Greenland in one of their surveys so I was hoping for a more Arctic route even though there was no DCL precedent for that. The cruises out of NYC aren't exciting either, and no stops in Port Canaveral. Maybe we'll look into a WDW trip for Fall 2020 instead, or something not with the Mouse.

I was hoping for that especially since April/May sold out by gold 😢
I'm betting they don't want everyone from the first cruise to switch to the newer one. That's what apparently happened the last time they offered it twice in the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter