2022 Trip Planning Thread

Thank you . I just read on redflagdeals that there are several Toronto and Ottawa Costco locations that do this test for $15 . I’ll check if ours does too . Otherwise Shoppers is two minutes from here and it will be convenient to go there a day or two before we leave.

You can check online, the Costcos that have the test can be booked online. The ones near me don't have it, so I'll be calling Shoppers the day before I want the test to make sure it won't be a problem.

Of course now my son is starting his anxiety fit over the flying... and wants me to cancel our trip. So I have that fun to deal with. I hope his throwing up doesn't cause us problems. I have no idea if he'll be ok but I doubt it. I have a last minute appointment with his doctor to see if he can prescribe something... we've tried all the usual suspects (gravol, benadryl, placebos). Any way... I know with him, his anxiety will cycle around until he has to face it, and flying is a big one.

You can check online, the Costcos that have the test can be booked online. The ones near me don't have it, so I'll be calling Shoppers the day before I want the test to make sure it won't be a problem.

Of course now my son is starting his anxiety fit over the flying... and wants me to cancel our trip. So I have that fun to deal with. I hope his throwing up doesn't cause us problems. I have no idea if he'll be ok but I doubt it. I have a last minute appointment with his doctor to see if he can prescribe something... we've tried all the usual suspects (gravol, benadryl, placebos). Any way... I know with him, his anxiety will cycle around until he has to face it, and flying is a big one.
Flying is a huge anxiety for me too actually. Most things I can work through on my own but not that one. I take a medication but I don’t think they will prescribe that type for a child. If they do, it’s very effective. I get it . And the anxiety starts way ahead of the flight. My doctor has me take one the night before so I don’t even have a chance to get my fight or flight response worked up. I hope you can find something for him. It’s so hard to be that afraid and it’s exhausting for the people who support someone with heavy anxiety :hug:.

Flying is a huge anxiety for me too actually. Most things I can work through on my own but not that one. I take a medication but I don’t think they will prescribe that type for a child. If they do, it’s very effective. I get it . And the anxiety starts way ahead of the flight. My doctor has me take one the night before so I don’t even have a chance to get my fight or flight response worked up. I hope you can find something for him. It’s so hard to be that afraid and it’s exhausting for the people who support someone with heavy anxiety :hug:.

I booked an appointment with his doctor for Monday to see if he will prescribe something, I know travel isn't something we have to do, but he really does love the whole thing, except the flight. Which is truly strange since for about 6 months he was talking about wanting his pilots license. Normally I get direct flights so at least the whole thing is over faster but that wasn't possible le this time of year. At least March break is direct.

I booked an appointment with his doctor for Monday to see if he will prescribe something, I know travel isn't something we have to do, but he really does love the whole thing, except the flight. Which is truly strange since for about 6 months he was talking about wanting his pilots license. Normally I get direct flights so at least the whole thing is over faster but that wasn't possible le this time of year. At least March break is direct.
This is exactly the reason I take something to fly. I just wasn’t willing to let anxiety control something that I loved so much. If I don’t fly there are too many destinations that would be off limits to me. Good luck ! I really hope your doctor can help .

Just booked for July 26 - Aug 2. Staying at Disney All-Star Movies. Will be using previously purchased non-expiring 4-day park passes. Round trip flights on Delta from Detroit for $219.

We are going February 18th to 27th. Staying at Pop Century. Flying on Air Canada out of Toronto. I called today to have the Canadian room discount promo applied but I was told I'd have to rebook and there is any availability for our dates :earboy2: Oh well.

107 days to go until we are there!

We are going February 18th to 27th. Staying at Pop Century. Flying on Air Canada out of Toronto. I called today to have the Canadian room discount promo applied but I was told I'd have to rebook and there is any availability for our dates :earboy2: Oh well.

107 days to go until we are there!
What Canadian room discount? I tried searching, and I am coming up with nothing.

58 days to go for me !!! :cool1:
We rented DVC points at Animal Kingdom Lodge so no Canadian discount for me. That’s ok though, I’m very happy with the price we paid.

My sister lives in Tampa and suggested she rent a room on property to join us for a weekend of our trip with her husband and baby. There was nothing. Just some uber expensive rooms at Beach Club or two other deluxes, but nothing under $1100 a night.

We did find a room at the Dolphin on a third party website but by that point she was worried about crowds with the baby being unvaccinated. I agree so we will take a day and drive to her and visit. The weekend we were looking at is marathon weekend which packs the resorts but doesn’t make the parks too crazy. Or at least that’s the hope. I booked before it was declared marathon weekend.

Anyway I don’t care in the least .. I’m going to skip through the parks eating Mickey bars and singing Zippitty Doo Dah with a song in my heart and a smile on my face because hallelujah I get to go to Disney again !!!

Anyone else with young kids still desperately clinging on to hope their kids can be vaccinated before their planned trip? 😅

I have late January booked, and can't bear to cancel yet, even though there's almost 0% chance we will go. My son is 6, he will probably get vaccinated soon, but my daughter is 4 and there has been no news on vaccinations for the under 5 set in some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter