2024 Moonlight Magic

You can book only once per membership

So I was actually wondering about that...

Is it once per "member" or once per "membership"? If you have 2 use years, can you register twice? That doesn't seem right.

On a similar thought - my digital card on iOS is tied to one of the memberships (use year) via a direct purchase contract number in that use year. Now suppose I book a MM DVC stay stay with a different use year (mine also has DVC-Y in the second use year, but doesn't have to be) then my understanding is that I have to use the membership number associated with the second use year (the one with which the reservation was made) in the early MM registration. And that should work even if that second use year is non blue card eligible, right? But how do they identify you in the park with the digital wallet that has a QR code associated with a different use year? It just works? If so, that would imply it goes by "member". Not sure if all that made sense...

So I was actually wondering about that...

Is it once per "member" or once per "membership"? If you have 2 use years, can you register twice? That doesn't seem right.

On a similar thought - my digital card on iOS is tied to one of the memberships (use year) via a direct purchase contract number in that use year. Now suppose I book a MM DVC stay stay with a different use year (mine also has DVC-Y in the second use year, but doesn't have to be) then my understanding is that I have to use the membership number associated with the second use year (the one with which the reservation was made) in the early MM registration. And that should work even if that second use year is non blue card eligible, right? But how do they identify you in the park with the digital wallet that has a QR code associated with a different use year? It just works? If so, that would imply it goes by "member". Not sure if all that made sense...
I was wondering about this myself And still not certain.

I think it may be possible to use a second membership to get around that ‘one per membership’ but wouldn’t that extra membership would also need to be DVC-Y?

I’m wondering about having a reservation booked on my DVC-N membership, is that eligible since I also have DVC-Y?

Doesn’t answer these questions but is interesting how some of it works-
From https://www.disneytouristblog.com/2023-moonlight-magic-disney-world/

“Registering for Another Member on Your Membership – If the primary Member is not registering for the event, another Member with the same Member ID number may be added as an alternate to check in at the event. Valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.

Event Date Limits – In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.”

I was wondering about this myself And still not certain.

I think it may be possible to use a second membership to get around that ‘one per membership’ but wouldn’t that extra membership would also need to be DVC-Y?

I’m wondering about having a reservation booked on my DVC-N membership, is that eligible since I also have DVC-Y?

Doesn’t answer these questions but is interesting how some of it works-
From https://www.disneytouristblog.com/2023-moonlight-magic-disney-world/

“Registering for Another Member on Your Membership – If the primary Member is not registering for the event, another Member with the same Member ID number may be added as an alternate to check in at the event. Valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in.

Event Date Limits – In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy Moonlight Magic, only one event date for each participating park will be available per Membership.”

I think the post in the thread below is useful for thinking about this:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...ble-for-moonlight-magic.3937418/post-65251911

1708044783604.png

This seems to imply that:

1) In the early window you need to use the membership number tied to the resort reservation, even if it's not DVC-Y
2) Showing a DVC-Y QR code that is associated with a different use year at the entry seems to identify the member correctly

If those statements above are true, it does not seem like making a second MM reservation for the second membership (say in the later general registration window) should work because it should know that the member already used a different membership to make a reservation.

I would think these will get harder and harder to get into for those without a room reservation as more DVC rooms are added and park capacity stays relatively the same, assuming they don't want to allow more members per event and add more events.
We’ve been fortunate to attend many of the events, either because the dates happened to line up with prebooked travel or we hustled to book something to attend for a bonus trip. A bit more challenging for our AK one as we had originally just booked a room thru CRO to extend existing DVC res.

While it pains me to say it, have mused that maybe they should restrict DVC-Y members to only being able to register in the first round for one (1) event per year. That way, more people would have a better chance to attend at least one event.

then, a few days later, open it up to those who with the appropriate reservations in place who already hold an event ticket

Lastly, if anything left afterwards, open it up to all DVC-Y members

plan could likely be too unwieldy/expensive to implement in weeding out members, however, would help to even the playing field.

We’ve been fortunate to attend many of the events, either because the dates happened to line up with prebooked travel or we hustled to book something to attend for a bonus trip. A bit more challenging for our AK one as we had originally just booked a room thru CRO to extend existing DVC res.

While it pains me to say it, have mused that maybe they should restrict DVC-Y members to only being able to register in the first round for one (1) event per year. That way, more people would have a better chance to attend at least one event.

then, a few days later, open it up to those who with the appropriate reservations in place who already hold an event ticket

Lastly, if anything left afterwards, open it up to all DVC-Y members

plan could likely be too unwieldy/expensive to implement in weeding out members, however, would help to even the playing field.
I am not complaining as when going with a reservation I have always managed to get in. The issue I see is where greed comes into play. Where people take the max 5 reservations even if they do not have 5 coming. They openly state this on this forum and justify themselves saying they will give the extras to anyone that asks. But it just means some are not getting in; and a bunch of reservations are going unused. Maybe if everyone only took what they needed, more would have the opportunity.

Where people take the max 5 reservations even if they do not have 5 coming. They openly state this on this forum and justify themselves saying they will give the extras to anyone that asks.
Can’t say doing that has ever crossed my mind.

nor, have I noticed DIS’rs posting they’ve deliberately booked the max with intent to hand them off to whomever. Weird, IMO.

If that is commonplace sort of thing (hard to tell tho as it’s just a subset of all owners positing here anyway), I agree with you…more individuals would have a a better chance if others only take what they need.

I assume you are referring to the last, open res period, otherwise it’s tied to the # of guests on reservation.

nor, have I noticed DIS’rs posting they’ve deliberately booked the max with intent to hand them off to whomever. Weird, IMO.

If that is commonplace sort of thing (hard to tell tho as it’s just a subset of all owners positing here anyway), I agree with you…more individuals would have a a better chance if others only take what they need.

I assume you are referring to the last, open res period, otherwise it’s tied to the # of guests on reservation.
I did not want to out any one individual in my post. I DM'ed you an example.

Does anyone by chance have a spare guest slot available for next week's Epcot event? My 18 year old decided they wanted to join us.

Has anyone had any luck with securing one more entrance at the door? I had booked a villa to accomadate my party and then my waitlist came in that room was short 1 bed. That room did not have the one murphy bed under the TV, so it knocked out one person from my reservation. Sadly they are a couple and I had to tell them only one made it to the reservation. But I am wondering if there is a work around.

I have never registered for MM before. When you get in, you need to enter your membership number and reservation number right?

I have never registered for MM before. When you get in, you need to enter your membership number and reservation number right?

If you have an eligible reservation, you won't need to enter that...you just need to enter the membership number...and it needs to be the membership number that matches where the reservation is, if you have more than one membership.

Just wanted to share my experience. I registered for 4 people and was unable to change my reservation to 5 people after multiple attempts and phone calls. Was repeatedly told that walk-ins are not allowed.

I went to the gate to enter and the cast member asked “Reservation for 4?” And I said we actually have 5 people here and they said “Ok!” And let us enter.
Just wanted to share in case anyone else encounters this situation.

Just wanted to share my experience. I registered for 4 people and was unable to change my reservation to 5 people after multiple attempts and phone calls. Was repeatedly told that walk-ins are not allowed.

I went to the gate to enter and the cast member asked “Reservation for 4?” And I said we actually have 5 people here and they said “Ok!” And let us enter.
Just wanted to share in case anyone else encounters this situation.
I would probably not rely on it, but if you’re already in Orlando sounds like it’s worth a try.

For last year's Typhoon Lagoon's Moonlight Magic, what time were you allowed to start entering the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter