2024 Moonlight Magic

One device per membership would make it more fair but Disney, master of all things in the creative world, can’t seem to manage their own online whatever, as we have all experienced with how poorly their very website runs…..”Someone ate the page”….

Lowest number we received was 355 and we got all the way down to 27.

A bunch of ours were like 1900s, 3500, 800, etc.
I was 4XX and thought that would be fine, only got down to 125 - have gotten in other MM with 1,000+ before.

355-27 = 328 members.
If everyone reserved 5 tix, that would be only 1312 tix.

Of course everyone doesn't reserve 5 so less than 1,300 ticket available. 😲

One device per membership would make it more fair but Disney, master of all things in the creative world, can’t seem to manage their own online whatever, as we have all experienced with how poorly their very website runs…..”Someone ate the page”….
I’m just not sure how you would police that.
The device isn’t tied to a membership until you register, right?

I guess they could make you sign in to join the queue.

I guess they could assign one code per membership, and that would give just one spot on the queue.

For whatever reason they can’t or don’t.

I was 4XX and thought that would be fine, only got down to 125 - have gotten in other MM with 1,000+ before.

355-27 = 328 members.
If everyone reserved 5 tix, that would be only 1312 tix.

Of course everyone doesn't reserve 5 so less than 1,300 ticket available. 😲

Managed to sneak into this one - we consider ourselves super-fortunate...

Got in the 140s and it was already giving me a "limited capacity" notice as I was verifying the info and ticking off boxes on the last couple of webpages...

328 members is almost nothing... 😥

And since they can create just about anything, one would think they could figure this out…I think after almost a quarter of a century owning….it has become near impossible to find the magic anymore. If it weren’t for my grandkids I would sell and buy more Marriott. My husband already wants to. We will see after our family trip next year. We have been discussing transferring membership to our kids as an option also.

This upcoming trip will help tip the scales either way, I suppose. We will see. Right now I am just annoyed. I will get over it.

I always seem to just miss these when I book reservations. I don't know maybe it's a blessing as it seems too stressful and I'd be even more disappointed if I had the chance and didn't get through. I also would love it if they could bring Merry Mixer back because at least it's something. I mean they could also do seasonal Mixers like that for DVC members.

Last edited:
I would think these will get harder and harder to get into for those without a room reservation as more DVC rooms are added and park capacity stays relatively the same, assuming they don't want to allow more members per event and add more events. Given they have some very limited availability for those without room reservations it would seem they have at least enough for those with, which I am sure is what they mainly care about. I can see where those with reservations would be even more upset not getting in than those without.

I always seem to just miss these when I book reservations. I don't know maybe it's a blessing as it seems too stressful and I'd be even more disappointed if I had the chance and didn't get through. I also would love it if they could bring Merry Mixer back because at least it's something. I mean they could also do seasonal Mixers like that for DVC members.
Its been too frustrating for me and the kicker is I realized its just not worth the aggravation. Too much else offered in and around to be so frustrated. I won’t try for an event again. This was a one and done. I actually booked my trip around it so I had the room res prior to the first registration.

Turns out that was a mistake that I am happily able to turn into a reunion last minute with some Fla friends I haven’t seen in a while. No parks, probably very little resort dining, as I find their menus lacking after all these years and prices too high - we will head over to the Springs for menus more to our liking. That, the bar, the pool and maybe Universal. So I took lemons and made lemonade….so to speak, but no more aggravation trying to get into a DVC event. It kills any possibility of whatever magic may be left for us.

For those who made extraordinary efforts to get in, enjoy. Hope its awesome for all of you and your families and guests.

Dee

I guess they could assign one code per membership, and that would give just one spot on the queue.

For whatever reason they can’t or don’t.
Don't they do that anyway? Meaning, once you secure tickets under your membership, if you try to enter the same member number and there's only one reservation, I don't think you'd be able to use a later queue spot anyway.
I also would love it if they could bring Merry Mixer back because at least it's something.
I think they had/have something going on for Valentine's Day? I saw on social media - maybe only emails went out to people who had DVC stays.

I think they had/have something going on for Valentine's Day? I saw on social media - maybe only emails went out to people who had DVC stays.
Yes. Within the last 6 months, they've had treat + character photo events on multiple dates for Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day. No registration required and no capacity limit.

I am new to this and I want to make sure I understand correctly.
1. You can enter before the party time even if you do not have a theme park ticket for that day?
2. You get free snack vouchers?
3. In addition to the snack vouchers - you can get unlimited ice cream bars without using your vouchers?

Don't they do that anyway? Meaning, once you secure tickets under your membership, if you try to enter the same member number and there's only one reservation, I don't think you'd be able to use a later queue spot anyway.

Yeah, I did get an email but didn't read the details since I wouldn't be there but if are starting to do this again then that's great. I never saw anything about the Halloween and Christmas events though.

I am new to this and I want to make sure I understand correctly.
1. You can enter before the party time even if you do not have a theme park ticket for that day?
2. You get free snack vouchers?
3. In addition to the snack vouchers - you can get unlimited ice cream bars without using your vouchers?
Yes to all...specifically for #1 they will let you know in the email blast the day before exactly what time you are allowed to enter. 3 snack vouchers also.

You can book only once per membership - it’s the line number lottery that can be multiplied. Each device/browser is a unique shot for a lower number in that lottery. We were able to get 16 unique queue codes - that resulted in 16 different spots on the line.

In theory that should give a better shot. In practice though, we are 2 for 3 with ONE device and browser, and 0 for 1 with multiple. Go figure 🤣

DH tried for d23 new ride events (just safari on iphone). Did not get GotG. Did get TRON. Did get in on this Epcot MM for the first batch, but was dropped because his onsite reservation did not qualify. We tried harder for this one because he booked a whole trip around it, but that extra effort didn’t seem to pay off any better than one device.

I was doing something with my kids the day a previous AK MM registration was up, and got 1500 or so in line with a single device. This last time, the lowest # I got for either EP and AK was 5000+ for one (3 devices) and 2000+ for the other (2 devices). I'm choosing to focus on the "extras" part of membership extras - and while it's fun to do, I'm just happy this year the dates lined up with several trips. Usually they happen when the kids are still in school, etc. But I'm planning a trip with a girlfriend and it happened to line up.

I'm choosing to focus on the "extras" part of membership extras - and while it's fun to do, I'm just happy this year the dates lined up with several trips.
This is our attitude as well. If they happen to offer something when we’re already planning to go, lovely! But if they don’t, or if we don’t get in, we won’t let it ruin our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter