2024 Moonlight Magic

I am so glad they have not done away with this. especially since they seem to be Doing away with so many things that are free. I'm still holding out for a magical express to come back. That was so much a part of the trip that the kids used to look forward to.

Are these events typically from 10PM to 1AM? My wife and I are arriving at MCO at 8:50PM on Friday, March 1 and would love to go right from the airport to Epcot but I wouldn't want to do that if the event starts earlier than 10. This is a short trip for us so we can probably get away with carry-ons so I think we could get out of MCO quick enough to get there in time.

Are these events typically from 10PM to 1AM? My wife and I are arriving at MCO at 8:50PM on Friday, March 1 and would love to go right from the airport to Epcot but I wouldn't want to do that if the event starts earlier than 10. This is a short trip for us so we can probably get away with carry-ons so I think we could get out of MCO quick enough to get there in time.

The one at AK we attended was earlier (8pm-11pm IIRC), but that park also has shorter hours than others.

Remind me when registration is for those who have qualifying reservations? I've booked a trip for the AK 2/27 MM, but will cancel it if I don't get in. I just don't want any points to go into holding if I cancel.

Remind me when registration is for those who have qualifying reservations? I've booked a trip for the AK 2/27 MM, but will cancel it if I don't get in. I just don't want any points to go into holding if I cancel.
We were fortunate to attend 2 Moonlight Magic events in 2023.

For the May 11 MM at Disney's Hollywood Studios, registration day was April 4 (37 days before).

For the July 11 MM at Disney's Animal Kingdom, registration day was June 14 (27 days before).

If you are using DVC points for your AK stay and if you don't want your points to go into holding (less than 31 days), you might have to decide before you know if you got MM.

For the May 11 MM at Disney's Hollywood Studios, registration day was April 4 (37 days before).

For the July 11 MM at Disney's Animal Kingdom, registration day was June 14 (27 days before).

If you are using DVC points for your AK stay and if you don't want your points to go into holding (less than 31 days), you might have to decide before you know if you got MM.
I've already cancelled the trip. We just have too much going on already and I've had a health issue come up; so I'll try for 2025.

I’m curious about this also as we are doing a family trip where there will be six of us in a two bedroom and two more in a studio. I know I can register the six of us in the two bedroom but I’m not sure if the other two are just out of luck?
If your 2 bedroom sleeps 8 just add 2 dummy occupants. They only check the member's id not the guests.

How does it work if the DVC member isn't the lead guest on the registration?
Shouldn't matter as long as the member is listed on the room reservation.

I'm an associate member (so no member benefits) and list myself first when making room reservations. To date, we have not had an issue registering for MM when the actual member is listed second on the room reservation.

Can someone explain how Moonlight magic works for DCA? I don't have a reservation at any of the resorts but would like to register.

I'm also out of points, but can I book a room with the resort directly and get access to Moonlight magic?

Thanks!

Can someone explain how Moonlight magic works for DCA? I don't have a reservation at any of the resorts but would like to register.

I'm also out of points, but can I book a room with the resort directly and get access to Moonlight magic?

Thanks!
Not 100% certain, but I don't think they have a separate booking window for the DLR MM events for those with a resort reservation. I believe it's just one booking window and any eligible DVC member can try to get registered.

That's exciting! Having had my first brush with holding points, there's one MM night that I'd cancel the reservation if we didn't get MM tickets (I am going to be in Florida but about an hour away) but the other 2 dates I'm not changing, so if registration is <30 days out I wouldn't need to worry ... grrrr. Another thing to be nervous about, I guess.

Not 100% certain, but I don't think they have a separate booking window for the DLR MM events for those with a resort reservation. I believe it's just one booking window and any eligible DVC member can try to get registered.
I'm also hoping to snag tickets for the CA MM event. We've had this trip planned for sometime and are staying offsite this trip since we used all our points for Aulani, which we are leaving for early the morning after the event. I was wondering how it would work for California Adventure as opposed to events at WDW. Presumably there aren't nearly as many members staying onsite since there aren't nearly as many rooms.

I'm a little surprised they haven't announced the AK December registration date yet.

I'm a little surprised they haven't announced the AK December registration date yet.
Registration dates were included in the original announcement.

November 28 for hotel reservation. December 5 general.

Last edited:
Registration dates were included in the original announcement.

November 26 for hotel reservation. December 5 general.
Thank you, still don't see it on the page where the events and dates are listed. You would think they would show it on that page as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter