2024 Summer Virtual Series

I loove these medals... wish they used this for like a Wine and Dine race themes.
I will probably get it even though I said I would stop doing victuals. I think buy the challenge and then actually have the whole family run together and get a different medal.

I have. And honestly, with the amount of stuff I end up buying from the US, it might be worth it.
I'll just have a hard time explaining to my husband that I want to spend money so I can spend more money. Right now, the outrageous shipping costs to Canada are often a good deterrent from me buying stuff (mostly fabrics and bag making hardware)
If you do regular trips to the us by car, some reshippers will also hold packages for less than the cost to reship and then you don’t have to deal with duty. The one we use charges $5 per package and will hold for up to a year. We go down for long weekends at least 2 to 3 times per year and time our shipments/ pickups to those trips.

If you do regular trips to the us by car, some reshippers will also hold packages for less than the cost to reship and then you don’t have to deal with duty. The one we use charges $5 per package and will hold for up to a year. We go down for long weekends at least 2 to 3 times per year and time our shipments/ pickups to those trips.
We only ever fly down to the US. But I’ve had things shipped to whatever hotel we’re staying at before to save on the crazy shipping. The problem with the summer series is that you don’t actually know when it’ll be shipped.

I wish that they had longer challenges like the Conqueror series.
Just because it says 5k, doesn't mean you can't run longer! I'm planning on making mine different lengths and use them as rewards to get there. It's like The Martian, where he saves three packages of actual food, not potatoes, and eats them along his trip for special occasion. Run while on vacation, check! Run when it's 100F, check! LOL

Just because it says 5k, doesn't mean you can't run longer! I'm planning on making mine different lengths and use them as rewards to get there. It's like The Martian, where he saves three packages of actual food, not potatoes, and eats them along his trip for special occasion. Run while on vacation, check! Run when it's 100F, check! LOL
Or earn them all in one run. I did the 12Ks of Christmas in one run and just ran the same 4K route 3 times to get the times to enter (not that it matters, but I like getting finisher certificates)

Total newbie question here, but how do these work? You sign up and do your 5k at home on a set day? Do you have to mail in your time or anything like that, or more just an honor system type thing/doing it for yourself?

Total newbie question here, but how do these work? You sign up and do your 5k at home on a set day? Do you have to mail in your time or anything like that, or more just an honor system type thing/doing it for yourself?
You give them money, they send you medals. They don’t care if you run/how fast you run/when you run. You can enter your time on the website and be able to print out a finisher certificate, but you don’t have to.

So I am signing up today for this. We are buying the 1 challenge and the whole family is going to to run it together and we each get a medal. My son has been wanting to do a 5k with me... but he tends to poop out soo quickly into things I have not wanted to sign up for a real Disney 5k yet, so expensive for him to die on me on. And he is neurodivergent so when he meltdowns it is a huge meltdown. So this will be his challenge if he can do this we will start signing him up for Disney 5ks. Yeah! I do loove the medals... I think these medals could have been the best Wine and Dine theme medals.

We have been trying to sign up but what do we put for a promo code? It won’t let my husband pay with out it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter