2025 runDisney Marathon

I am budgeting my points for dvc for marathon week in 2025 and my whole family will be coming to cheer me on for my first time trying Doopy. I am super excited about that. I wanted to go all out this trip since it will also be my 40th birthday present... so I am wondering does anyone know what the availability normally looks like for Cabins during marathon weekend? I would have to book at the 7 month window since I am AKL. I will book a 2 bed room at AKL at 11 months to make sure I have something. But Cabins would be soo cool to try and get. I just have no idea on the likelihood of it being open at 7 months out during marathon weekend since I know things book crazy that weekend. Thanks!

does anyone know what the availability normally looks like for Cabins during marathon weekend? I would have to book at the 7 month window since I am AKL.

I assume you're talking about the DVC cabins at WL? I've never tried to book them, but both those rooms and the Poly bungalows do seem to show up a lot when I'm looking for DVC rooms inside the 7 month window (we own at AKV, BWV and BLT). I can't speak specifically to MW timeframe, but I think the sheer number of points required narrows the playing field. Since MW will be much further from the holidays next year, I would think you have a decent shot!

Last edited:
I assume you're talking about the DVC cabins at WL? I've never tried to book them, but both those rooms and the Poly bungalows do seem to show up a lot when I'm looking for DVC rooms inside the 7 month window. I can't speak specifically to MW timeframe, but I think the sheer number of points required narrows the playing field. Since MW will be much further from the holidays next year, I would think you have a decent shot!
Yep the cabins at WL :)

I am budgeting my points for dvc for marathon week in 2025 and my whole family will be coming to cheer me on for my first time trying Doopy. I am super excited about that. I wanted to go all out this trip since it will also be my 40th birthday present... so I am wondering does anyone know what the availability normally looks like for Cabins during marathon weekend? I would have to book at the 7 month window since I am AKL. I will book a 2 bed room at AKL at 11 months to make sure I have something. But Cabins would be soo cool to try and get. I just have no idea on the likelihood of it being open at 7 months out during marathon weekend since I know things book crazy that weekend. Thanks!
DVC BWV and CCV. It seems like those cabins go fast. I struggle with both home resorts not long after 11 month window and it’s usually the specific room I want and it fluctuates with people doing the rolling reservation thing. All things considered I just checked and W&D is still available with a cabin. I’d give you a 20% chance snagging that puppy

DVC BWV and CCV. It seems like those cabins go fast. I struggle with both home resorts not long after 11 month window and it’s usually the specific room I want and it fluctuates with people doing the rolling reservation thing. All things considered I just checked and W&D is still available with a cabin. I’d give you a 20% chance snagging that puppy
Good to know. I have AKL points so that is only place I ever booked for my wdw vacations... so never had to worry about availability at 7 month mark.

Good to know. I have AKL points so that is only place I ever booked for my wdw vacations... so never had to worry about availability at 7 month mark.
We have stayed at all the DVC resorts with the exception of RIV. Every waitlist has come through except this year at our home resort at BWV. You never know. I’d wait list just in case. Worst case you stay at an amazing 2 bedroom Safari.

I am budgeting my points for dvc for marathon week in 2025 and my whole family will be coming to cheer me on for my first time trying Doopy. I am super excited about that. I wanted to go all out this trip since it will also be my 40th birthday present...
Sounds like fun! I’m hoping that I can make it for the Dopey in 2025. It would be for my 40th birthday too! Got to get the family onboard first though. My DH still thinks I’m crazy for wanting to do this so he doesn’t take me serious about doing it.

Sounds like fun! I’m hoping that I can make it for the Dopey in 2025. It would be for my 40th birthday too! Got to get the family onboard first though. My DH still thinks I’m crazy for wanting to do this so he doesn’t take me serious about doing
I mean he is not wrong... we are crazy 🤪 for wanting to do Dopey! LOL. But yeah glad we both are thinking the same thing for our 40th.

I actually turn 40 in 2024, but I’ll still be 40 once the 2025 MW rolls around, so I’m counting it as doing it for my 40th 😄😄

Same! September. Will have to count as birthday and Christmas and maybe my 20th wedding anniversary trip. That’s 2024 too.
Lol... same as both of u guys. I turn 40 in Sept too!! So I figure I am still 40 for the run...

I booked my dvc lodging today for Dopey anyone else? I got AKL Jambo 2 bed room since it is where I own but hoping to switch to Copper creek cabins at 7 months.

My mom has been working on our BWV grand villa reservation. It seems like she hasn't had much trouble so I'm excited for that! I'm 'only' doing the marathon so it will be nice for my parents to sit on the balcony to watch me run by. Hopefully my husband and daughter will try to find me at other points along the course, but we will see. My daughter will be a little under 2 YO so the logistics are more challenging than if it was just him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter