2025 runDisney Marathon

likely next April 2024 - much like the previous few years. They release several months early.

Mid-April has become the regular timetable for registration for the following year’s Marathon; but you know with Disney that everything is subject to change.

I’ve been registering each year since 2012 and in that frame it has been almost exclusively mid-April, but they did try a February registration date one year that felt super early. Also, during the pandemic, registration drifted back to June/July as they needed more time to evaluate logistics of Marathon Weekend.

They are usually good about releasing registration dates several months in advance so if you keep your eyes on their website or this board you should have plenty of advance warning.

The information you've already received is good. I want to add that it's crucial for you to keep an eye on their websites. I've had a few conversations with people all excited and set to run the very next upcoming Disney race until they discover that it sold out months ago and quite often within hours of actually going on sale.

They posted registration/race dates on their socials in January so I’d imagine they do this again early next year.

When do they publish the dates for the 2025 marathon? Will everything still be decorated for Christmas?

Last edited:
When do they publish the dates for the 2025 marathon? Will everything still be decorated for Christmas?

As the previous poster stated, expect early 2024. As an example, there was a post in one of the threads on Jan3, 2023 with the calendar for 2023-2024. As for decorations, they generally have had some/most of the Christmas decorations up (Every time I've been to MW that I remember and that is at least 10x)--but no guarantees.

Last edited:

It will be a while before they publish anything, but it's a very safe bet that 2025 Marathon Weekend will be run Jan 9-12th. Some of the Christmas decorations will be down by that point, but the major decorations like the large trees are usually still up.

Once you see the registration dates, set multiple reminders in your phone or computer to start trying to register as soon as registration starts. If you don’t, it can be sold out in hours and then it gets much harder to get in. Don’t ask me how I know this…

And yes, most of the Christmas decorations will still be up. It has been nice to enjoy Christmas at Disney without all the holiday crowds.

They posted registration/race dates on their socials in January so I’d imagine they do this again early next year.
BTW I think someone said that they might have race weekend dates listed at Wine and Dine next month, so we'll see if that happens, if not the dates for everything will likely be published in early January again.

I’m looking forward to this. Life is pretty much settled in for the whole family after our move last year and time to get ready for my next Dopey.

The information you've already received is good. I want to add that it's crucial for you to keep an eye on their websites. I've had a few conversations with people all excited and set to run the very next upcoming Disney race until they discover that it sold out months ago and quite often within hours of actually going on sale.
<Poster child raises hand>

For this year, I was all excited about MW until I realized that I had missed, or never set, my registration reminders.
If you haven't already, go ahead and create a rD account so you are in the system.
The next step is to install the Telegram app and subscribe to the "runDisney Alerts" thread which tells you when race registration is open. After the initial registration is closed, you will see alerts throughout the following months where registration opens and closes, usually within seconds, even though to my surprise, the MW registrations stayed open for nearly an hour, which is how I got into Goofy for 2024.
The key is to keep the Telegram app up and running and be ready to jump when you see the registration open. The caveat is that you will get alerts for every rD race, so be prepared for your computer/phone/watch to be buzzing a lot for races you may not be interested in running. (As soon as I finished registering, I turned off notifications in the app, just to not having them setting off my devices and being a distraction all the time).
The other lesson learned is that while you may have received the "registration closed" notification while in the middle of registering, if you started the registration process, keep clicking on submit. We had one member here who kept doing that and eventually it took. <Kicks self for not being more persistent on earlier tries>.
The other lesson is to have your address, credit card number, etc up in notepad so that you can cut-n-paste it. Also know your anticipated finish time, t-shirt size, whether you are staying on property, are you part of a particular run group (like active military) etc so that you can get through the registration page as quickly as possible.
The last method is the run charities. If you go that route, be prepared to raise a bunch of money, or simply pay a large donation for a number. Sometimes, as race day nears, these charities will try to sell numbers of people who backed out or didn't raise any money.

But by far the easiest method is to have the reminders set and your calendar clear so that you can start registering as soon as registration opens.
YMMV

<Poster child raises hand>

For this year, I was all excited about MW until I realized that I had missed, or never set, my registration reminders.
If you haven't already, go ahead and create a rD account so you are in the system.
The next step is to install the Telegram app and subscribe to the "runDisney Alerts" thread which tells you when race registration is open. After the initial registration is closed, you will see alerts throughout the following months where registration opens and closes, usually within seconds, even though to my surprise, the MW registrations stayed open for nearly an hour, which is how I got into Goofy for 2024.
The key is to keep the Telegram app up and running and be ready to jump when you see the registration open. The caveat is that you will get alerts for every rD race, so be prepared for your computer/phone/watch to be buzzing a lot for races you may not be interested in running. (As soon as I finished registering, I turned off notifications in the app, just to not having them setting off my devices and being a distraction all the time).
The other lesson learned is that while you may have received the "registration closed" notification while in the middle of registering, if you started the registration process, keep clicking on submit. We had one member here who kept doing that and eventually it took. <Kicks self for not being more persistent on earlier tries>.
The other lesson is to have your address, credit card number, etc up in notepad so that you can cut-n-paste it. Also know your anticipated finish time, t-shirt size, whether you are staying on property, are you part of a particular run group (like active military) etc so that you can get through the registration page as quickly as possible.
The last method is the run charities. If you go that route, be prepared to raise a bunch of money, or simply pay a large donation for a number. Sometimes, as race day nears, these charities will try to sell numbers of people who backed out or didn't raise any money.

But by far the easiest method is to have the reminders set and your calendar clear so that you can start registering as soon as registration opens.
YMMV
On the other app, which Dis censors the name of but means strife or disagreement, they’ve now set up different channels for the different weekends, so you only need to get the alerts you care about.

On the other app, which Dis censors the name of but means strife or disagreement, they’ve now set up different channels for the different weekends, so you only need to get the alerts you care about.

It's set up that way on telegram too.

Regular readers of this forum will by now have come to the conclusion that I am either inept at forum management or too lazy to suss out the details of how to optimize apps and forums.

I may resemble both remarks…
I think a slightly more accurate self-assessment is that:
1. In the case of Telegram, that I wanted to get into the races and as soon as I was able to received notifications, then I didn't take the time to later delve into the Telegram app for advanced filtering.
2. These forums are a similar story. So much other stuff going on that I just don't take the time to suss out all the features.

That's my story. I'm sticking to it.

I can’t remember in the past, should the Castaway Cay 5k associated with Marathon Weekend have been announced concurrently? Since I don’t see it, does that mean it’s a no-go again?

I can’t remember in the past, should the Castaway Cay 5k associated with Marathon Weekend have been announced concurrently? Since I don’t see it, does that mean it’s a no-go again?
It was not included in the upcoming race weekend registration options. It may be runnable on your own (like the normal 5k they do)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter