$25 off $100 Target with Red debit/credit card signup

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Sign up for the Target Red Card Debit or Credit and get a coupon for $25 off $100. Exclusions apply (including no gift cards!), coupon expires Jul 31. Apparently Target doesn’t run many offers on their Red Cards. Both versions get 5% off Disney gift cards at time of purchase (won’t see discount until you charge your card). Debit cards don’t count as a credit card or give you a hard pull on your credit report.
Write up: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/appl...t-card-and-get-25-off-100-shopping-6-17-6-23/
Direct link:
https://www.target.com/c/redcard/-/N-4tfyn

Also worth noting is Target is not mistakenly giving out 5% on Disney and specialty gift cards, here’s a pic from their sales pitch on the RedCard

Yep, they've had that up for a few months at least now. Which is why I thought it funny when someone reported their store pulled Disney GC's from the racks when the manager noticed a large uptick in GC sales... in like May right before summer travel season when Target advertises using your RedCard to save 5% on gift cards with a picture of a Disney gift card... :laughing: Can't possibly be a correlation there...

I would get the debit card if Disneyland tickets are included and you don’t have to use your new debit card with the coupon.

3 Day Disneyland tickets $280
- $25=255

I get 1250 Kicks to redeem for $5

I use cardpool for the first time get $5 and buy $250 Target gift card for $231.25-$5=$226.25

Use credit cards and get 1% back=$223.99

26% off Disneyland tickets

More if I can good bonus cashback at offer if a store sells Visa or Master Card gift cards

Got my debit card online today, instant approval. Took like 5 mins whole process. Fwiw they gave you the card number so i could use it instantly online.

Can someone explain the debit card for me? I've been curious about signing up for it, but how does it work. Is it linked to my current checking account? Or is it prepaid, where I have to deposit money everytime I want to use it? The 5% off would be nice for Disney GC and at christmas, especially, but I've always been afraid there's something i don't "get" and will screw myself over. Is there any reason to NOT get it? Definitely not interested in the credit card as we have too many to keep track of as it is.

Can someone explain the debit card for me? I've been curious about signing up for it, but how does it work. Is it linked to my current checking account? Or is it prepaid, where I have to deposit money everytime I want to use it? The 5% off would be nice for Disney GC and at christmas, especially, but I've always been afraid there's something i don't "get" and will screw myself over. Is there any reason to NOT get it? Definitely not interested in the credit card as we have too many to keep track of as it is.

You might have found the info already, but, it is linked to your existing checking account. You give them the routing and account number and then when you use the card it initiates an electronic funds transfer from your bank account to theirs. So when you use it, just like your regular account debit card, you just have to make sure you have enough money in the account to cover the order at the time of purchase.

Got my debit card online today, instant approval. Took like 5 mins whole process. Fwiw they gave you the card number so i could use it instantly online.

This promo came back, good through 3/16. I seem to be approved for the debit card but it didn't mention how long it would take to come in the mail. I think the coupon comes with the card, right? How long did it take to get the coupon?

This promo came back, good through 3/16. I seem to be approved for the debit card but it didn't mention how long it would take to come in the mail. I think the coupon comes with the card, right? How long did it take to get the coupon?
That thing took a few weeks if I recall right, it was ridiculous. Coupon came with my card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter