3 booking categories for BCV 2BR?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I currently have a 2BR Garden/Pool View room at BWV reserved Jan. 24-Feb. 1. I decided to waitlist a 2BR Standard room at BWV, as well as a 2BR at Beach Club. I did this by phone since I had called Member Services for another reason anyway. There are 3 different booking categories for a 2BR at BCV when I look online. 2BR, 2BR with 2 Queen Beds, and 2BR lock-off. While it would be great to get the kind with 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR, I'd take any of the 2BR options just to get in Beach Club.

I asked the CM on the phone which of the 3 booking categories I should waitlist to have the best odds of something coming up. I asked what the category just called "2BR" is, and how it's different from the other categories. She didn't know and didn't know which of the 3 options would give me the best chance. So I did the waitlist with the 2 Queen Beds.

Do any of my DIS friends here know the answers to what I asked the CM??

Thanks!:)

The biggest difference is in the beds. All three categories will have a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, and a queen-sized fold-out in the living room.

The category that reads 2BR with 2 queen will be a dedicated two-bedroom unit. The second bedroom will have 2 queen-sized beds in it.

The category that simply reads 2BR will also be a dedicated two-bedroom, but the second bedroom will have 1 queen-sized bed and 1 queen-sized fold-out.

The 2BR Lock-Off will be a combination of a one-bedroom and a studio. The second bedroom (the studio) will have it's own kitchenette, and will have one queen-sized bed and one full-sized fold-out.

There are 74 two-bedroom lock-offs available in the resort. There are 78 dedicated two-bedroom units -- although I don't know how many have couches and how many have two beds.

Found it...

According to the map on DVCNews.com, there are:

74 lock-off two-bedroom units
24 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ 2 queen beds
54 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ queen & fold-out

The categories don't hold too much weight. We've booked 2Q beds and gotten a lock-off! And we've booked a lock-off and gotten a 2bd w 1Q bed. I would change the waitlist to the dedicated 2bd w 1 Qbed. I'm guessing when a lock-off becomes available, it goes to whichever studio, 1bd, or 2bd that's on the waitlist.

I personally would stick with the BWV Pool/Garden rather than switch to BCV. Especially since you are unlikely to use the pool in Jan/Feb and the views are much nicer at BWV. Buses aren't too bad either since the crowds are low.

I currently have a 2BR Garden/Pool View room at BWV reserved Jan. 24-Feb. 1. I decided to waitlist a 2BR Standard room at BWV, as well as a 2BR at Beach Club. I did this by phone since I had called Member Services for another reason anyway. There are 3 different booking categories for a 2BR at BCV when I look online. 2BR, 2BR with 2 Queen Beds, and 2BR lock-off. While it would be great to get the kind with 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR, I'd take any of the 2BR options just to get in Beach Club.

I asked the CM on the phone which of the 3 booking categories I should waitlist to have the best odds of something coming up. I asked what the category just called "2BR" is, and how it's different from the other categories. She didn't know and didn't know which of the 3 options would give me the best chance. So I did the waitlist with the 2 Queen Beds.

Do any of my DIS friends here know the answers to what I asked the CM??

Thanks!:)
Certainly the 2Q unit is the least likely to be available. I'd suspect it's pretty much a toss up between the L/O and non 2Q dedicated.

I am waitlisted for a 2Q also, the 2Q at BCV is one of the harder to get rooms in DVC, I have a feeling I will not get it but willing to give it a try...

The biggest difference is in the beds. All three categories will have a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, and a queen-sized fold-out in the living room.

The category that reads 2BR with 2 queen will be a dedicated two-bedroom unit. The second bedroom will have 2 queen-sized beds in it.

The category that simply reads 2BR will also be a dedicated two-bedroom, but the second bedroom will have 1 queen-sized bed and 1 queen-sized fold-out.

The 2BR Lock-Off will be a combination of a one-bedroom and a studio. The second bedroom (the studio) will have it's own kitchenette, and will have one queen-sized bed and one full-sized fold-out.

There are 74 two-bedroom lock-offs available in the resort. There are 78 dedicated two-bedroom units -- although I don't know how many have couches and how many have two beds.

Found it...

According to the map on DVCNews.com, there are:

74 lock-off two-bedroom units
24 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ 2 queen beds
54 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ queen & fold-out
Thanks, Dave for the detailed information. This is what I was looking for. :)

And thanks to everyone for the replies and input! Will think about this a little more to see how/if I want to change the waitlist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter