<3 Jenn & Mikes Happily Ever After PJ-Wishes October 2014

DiSnEyLvR76

Mouseketeer
I am a longtime lurker of this wedding board and now that we have OFFICIALLY decided to have a DFTW, I couldn't wait to start this! We are penciled in for October 2014, and our site visit is scheduled for this September during our Vacation, and I couldn't be more excited!
I figured I would start by telling you a little bit about us, our love story, and love for DISNEY! (Well, more mine than his, at least he'd never admit to it)

My name is Jenn and my Fiancè is Michael and we are from Long Island, NY. Say it with me, Laawwng Island. We are 28 yrs old and have been dating for 9 years! We have a house, 3 dogs and heads that need to be reexamined sometimes:crowded: Our home definitely feels a bit crazy at times, but I wouldn't change it all! I work full time and he works full time++ and we enjoy our moments together in between our work schedules. It just makes the time we have together, that much more special.

I have been going to Disney since the time I was a little girl, and am a well known Disney addict to my family and friends. Michael went when he was too young to remember and then again with me on our first vacation together back in 2005. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, and I can honestly say it was that trip that made me fall in love with him even more. We ran around acting like kids because thats what your supposed to do at WDW! I guess he saw the Disney Magic, or just loves making me happy because we have been back over 10 times together. (Owning DVC has helped)

This is us on our first trip in 2005, we look so young!

Michael proposed on 9/28/12, our first night of the trip(he was too nervous he'd lose it or I'd find it, supposedly in the 5+ hrs we had been there, there were already too many close calls) at our home away from home Animal Kingdom Lodge, while on our balcony watching the animals! We were in "our room" that we had stayed in twice before, so it was perfect! We had an amazing week celebrating! Disney our family and friends all did wonderful things to help us celebrate!
Here is my beautiful E-Ring

Thats it for right now, I have so much I've done already, Ive been planning this in my head for 9 years, patiently waiting after every trip and still no ring, and then finally it happend! So another post will be soon! :wave:

Congrats on your engagement from a fellow Long Islander (well, former - I'm a Floridian now haha). It's so sweet that he was so nervous about losing the ring - which is gorgeous, by the way! :thumbsup2

Good luck with all of the planning, & I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

You and Michael are an adorable couple! Can't wait to get more details on your journey to happily ever after. Your ring is gorgeous.

So I have always known I wanted to get married at the Wedding Pavilion. Seriously, I was probably a child the first time I saw it, and told my mother I would get married there and wear a pink dress. Well the pink dress is out(not entirely, still in my "colors") but I love love the pavilion, its just gorgeous! It's funny..we originally were planning on getting married in NY, I was so upset over it because I couldn't picture myself walking down an aisle anywhere other than the Pavilion. So some begging and pleading and crying and throwing in how much money we'd be SAVING (NY Weddings are $$$) and we decided to go for it! The initial reaction from my family was "That's what you have ALWAYS wanted" :goodvibes
I'm still on the fence about Reception spaces. Leaning towards one of the Grand Floridian ballrooms. I will have this all figured out by the time we leave our site visit in just 2 short months!
So if you are a Disney bride then you know this already, but if you are not than you should know that Disney works on a lottery system if more than 1 bride wants your same date/time. Thats right, no first come first to get whatever you want. I guess its fair but I have been pouting about this since I found out.:( We want to get married in October because of work reasons and for the obvious... weather/food & wine/MNSSHP and of course this is one of THE MOST popular months to have a DFTW. So supposedly, there are already 2 other brides looking at our date. Disney does have multiple ceremony locations and they have up to 4 or 5? Weddings a day at the Wedding Pavilion, so it's a good possibility that every bride wants a different location and time & in that case I would be fine. If not, I have to provide up to 4 other locations and/or times & dates of my choice. So my anxiety level over not knowing my wedding date is very :scared1: So I am looking forward to my site visit because I should know shortly after that what my actual date is.
So my colors and look I want for the wedding are a blush pink/pewter color. I want it to be very romantic.
Here are a couple of inspiration pictures, sorry they are huge, I will get better with sizing I promise...

I want my bridesmaids in a Pewter/Gray color and have them hold Pale pink flowers. Obsessed! What do you think!?

Here are a couple of inspiration pictures, sorry they are huge, I will get better with sizing I promise...

I want my bridesmaids in a Pewter/Gray color and have them hold Pale pink flowers. Obsessed! What do you think!?

So pretty!! I love grey with pastels, it always looks so awesome.

Also, here's to hoping you get the date & locations you want! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Congrats!!!

I too am in love with the Wedding Pavilion so I can feel your excitement :)

Are you having a Wishes wedding or Escape?

Oh my gosh, so embarrassing-

Earlier I was on the IPOD and didn't see the complete title and I forgot that you had mentioned reception places in your first post or I wouldn't have had to ask if you were planning a Wishes wedding. Whoops!

Congrats again! :thumbsup2

Howdy! It's me, Ziva Goldman from the FB page! :wave2: For those of us who don't know, what is a Wishes or Escape? Also, love the colors! Looking forward to reading your entire report! So excited for you!!!! :woohoo:

Hiya! I am excited to hear all about this. Hearing about and seeing your engagement photos on our board was so fun. How special to be able to get engaged and married in the best place in the world!

So excited to follow along. I remember how excited we all were when you told us that you'd gotten engaged.

I hope you enjoy every minute of your planning! And that all your wishes come true.

Howdy! It's me, Ziva Goldman from the FB page! :wave2: For those of us who don't know, what is a Wishes or Escape? Also, love the colors! Looking forward to reading your entire report! So excited for you!!!! :woohoo:

I'm with Ziva! I need a Disney wedding tutorial! What is a "Wishes" wedding?

Hey Ziva!
Disney has 4 different types of Wedding packages to choose from, the 2 most popular being Escape & Wishes.
I took the following right off the Disney Weddings website as it probably best describes the difference:
Escape Weddings are complete wedding and honeymoon packages designed for the bride and groom. They typically include a small ceremony with cake and a champagne toast, floral for the bride and groom, a musician for the ceremony and champagne toast, and a photography package. Escape Weddings can accommodate up to eighteen guests at the ceremony. Wishes Weddings are personalized events that allow the bride and groom to design a wedding ceremony and private reception at a selection of Walt Disney World Resort locations. Because these are more elaborate events, minimum expenditures will apply. There are also certain food and beverage and room night minimums. One of the best things about a Wishes Collection Wedding is that you'll have the vast resources of the Walt Disney World® Resort at your fingertips. These include: * Professional Disney Wedding Event Planner * Floral Design * Photography/Videography * Catering * Wedding Cakes * Entertainment (includes decor, theming, music, * Landscaping, characters, lighting design, staging, etc.) * Musicians * Transportation * Specialty Table Linen Rental * Invitations (by referral only) * Favors * Dress Pressing (by referral only) * Officiant (by referral only) * Tuxedo Rental (by referral only)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter