3 Port Days vs 4

disneydaydreamer33

DIS Veteran
So I'm getting closer to figuring out which RCL (Caribbean) cruise DH and I are going to book for Feb. 2017. The ship I am most interested is the Allure (or Oasis). The only problem is the cruises with those ships only have 3 port days.. . which I don't quite get.

There is a cruise out of Tampa on the Freedom with 4 port days (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya), but I was pretty excited about the prospect of those bigs ships with so much to do.

Do you think 3 port days for a 7 night cruise is enough?

It depends if you like cruising and ship stuff more than exploring ports. Allure will have much more to offer than older/smaller ships. Some people stay on the ships and don't even go into all the ports. We just did Navigator, and it was a good mix of ship/things to do/ports. Freedom has a lot to offer. I would examine the ports and what you would do there and then decide if it is worth giving up a port for a bigger ship. I would also look at Allure and see what you would actually do on the ship. For ex., Nav had rock wall and flow rider--but no one in our family used them, so really didnt' matter if the ship had those.

Thanks for the response. The entertainment is really what is making me attracted to Allure. Mamma Mia, the ice show, and a diving/acrobatic show all sound so awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter