30 day AA lounge pass....

nikdisney

Earning My Ears
I saw Kyl mention this in her TR. Has anyone else tried this?? It seems like a great deal for $99. The AA website seems to say its good for qantas lounges as well as the AA lounges in the US, but I did notice in the fine print says 'at partner lounges guest access is subject to the policies of each lounge partner'. I wonder what that means....

It looks like one pass should cover me, DH, DD10 and DD7. We are traveling Adelaide-Syd-DFW-MCO, and then Toronto-LAX-Melb-Adl, so getting to use a few lounges would be great!

I would love to hear about anyone's experience with it!!

Please be very careful to research each lounge in the various airports you will be travelling in.

My DH and I flew AA first class from Dallas to Tokyo earlier this month after travelling for several weeks using Qantas & One World lounges in many airports as part of a last minute two week adventure. Boy were we in for a very rude shock!

The hot food was a very poor selection and had to be paid for! We got one 'free' drink pass for each of us then additional drinks needed to be paid for. I'm not 100% certain as we didn't need to use them but I don't think there were shower facilities in the lounge we entered.

Do not use AA lounges if you have previously used Qantas or Cathay Pacific - there will not be any free chocolate bars, selections of fruit, trays of desserts or cups of nuts...you have been warned. Coffee, salty pretzels and large bottles of soft drink for you to pour your own glass from -ENJOY!

I was going to get one but didnt as someone from work gave me some QF lounge passes...as it turns out we wouldnt have had time in LAX-MCO to use the lounge really by the time we had done immigration and stuff....also there is no lounge for AA in MCO so no point there....the QF lounge in LAX is very very small and was crowded, was still good to go in there but my tickets were free had i paid might not have been as impressed
I would check that the airports have AA lounges near your gate, as gates can be so far apart in US airports it might be more hassle than its worth

I was wondering the same thing.

I was especially interested in the Qantas lounge in T1.

The AA website mentions access to T2 and T3, but no mention of T1.

Anyone used it at T1?

Qantas lounges are totally different to AA's (Qantas is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better).

The original poster was asking about the value of the $99 pass for 30 days unlimited use of the AA lounges across America.

If you are using the One World or Qantas lounge you would need to have membership or a ticket on an affiliated airline (like AA). For my recent experience, we flew business and first class with Cathay, Qantas and AA. Our experience in the AA lounge was pathetic compared to the other airlines lounges even though it was an expensive long haul flight. I'm suggesting the original poster should research the facilities in the airport lounges they were considering using before making the purchase. We used Cathay Pacific and Qantas's showers and were very impressed but not every lounge offers showers. There are often more than one lounge for each airline in the larger airports. Eg 5 Cathay lounges in Hong Kong alone...

I saw from Kyl's TR that the AA lounges aren't much compared to qantas, but I'm mostly interested in using the qantas ones in Adelaide and Sydney (T1). I wanted to make sure I would be able to gain access. Looking at a few other websites it looks like we should be able to - depending on the mood of their person/dragon manning the door :rotfl:

We might use the DFW lounge to have a quick cleanup, depending how much time we have after customs etc, but don't have high expectations.

I think we'll give it a try. It's only $99, so it's worth a shot :cool1:

-i'm sitting in the canberra q club typing this having got in on the 30 day pass. Young woman at entry had to look up a book and ring the boss cause she didn't know about it. But her whopping big binder told her to let me in! :thumbsup2
She then said according to her binder ishould get access to the international business lounge insydney. I suppose I'll get into somethimg. She was also surprised that it allows more than 1 person. But i am on my own.
I agree my previous experience w US lounges is that they are v sad compared to qantas.:sad:

I have every intention of taking my husband and 3 teens into the lounge at T1 on this pass.

I will be armed with anything I can print and will probably make a phone call beforehand.

DH will want to crawl in a hole if I stand at the door and argue the point with the dragon!

-i'm sitting in the canberra q club typing this having got in on the 30 day pass. Young woman at entry had to look up a book and ring the boss cause she didn't know about it. But her whopping big binder told her to let me in! :thumbsup2
She then said according to her binder ishould get access to the international business lounge insydney. I suppose I'll get into somethimg. She was also surprised that it allows more than 1 person. But i am on my own.
I agree my previous experience w US lounges is that they are v sad compared to qantas.:sad:

Thanks sugarglider!! I'm also stunned (but pleased) that it would allow a family in with one pass - but the qantas rules state 1 guest and 2 kids under 18, so hopefully the same will apply with the AC pass. :cool1: :cool1:

We will mostly use it in Australia, but it seems like a good thing to have just in case you suddenly are facing a bit flight delay....

nikdisney said:
Thanks sugarglider!! I'm also stunned (but pleased) that it would allow a family in with one pass - but the qantas rules state 1 guest and 2 kids under 18, so hopefully the same will apply with the AC pass. :cool1: :cool1:

We will mostly use it in Australia, but it seems like a good thing to have just in case you suddenly are facing a bit flight delay....

Am now sitting in DFW AAlounge. Very nice. Large. Comfy. Quiet. Free tea coffee biscuits pretzels. People are getting alcohol and i am not seeing money change hands. There is an extensive dining menu which you have to pay for. Free wifi!
I didn't get into syd cause the cnbr flight was 1hr late and i had to go straight through to board. Lookg gd so far.

Am now sitting in DFW AAlounge. Very nice. Large. Comfy. Quiet. Free tea coffee biscuits pretzels. People are getting alcohol and i am not seeing money change hands. There is an extensive dining menu which you have to pay for. Free wifi!
I didn't get into syd cause the cnbr flight was 1hr late and i had to go straight through to board. Lookg gd so far.

That is great to hear sugarglider!! Have an awesome trip :cool1:

Only 4 sleeps for me :yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter