30th Anniversary - Magical Thank You's to Mr. Al Weiss!!

Ginny

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My sister and brother-in-law just returned from a week at WDW to celebrate their 30th Wedding Anniversary. :cheer2: This week was a well-deserved celebration of two people who have raised 5 equally lovely children, always put others first and really have their priorities in order. It was also well-deserved because for one reason or another..................the other 29 anniversaries always had something "colorful" happen...........all 29!! Whether it was little children becoming ill or traveling for work or school events or power outage............something always seemed to happen on May 22nd!! But, as you will read below.............Disney Magic and some extraordinary cast members made this anniversary well worth the wait!!

May 23, 2006

Mr. Al Weiss, President

World Wide Operations - Disney Theme Parks

Dear Mr. Weiss,

We just returned home today from a week at WDW, celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Our event was made great with outstanding rides and shows, but what really made it truly special were the wonderful cast members. We want to call to your attention those cast members that deserve recognition for making our visit extraordinary. (We kept a list as we encountered them.)

Alexis Scarborough: Check-In Registration at the Port Orleans Riverside, May 16, 2006. Alexis was warm and personable. She made sure we had a nice, quiet corner room. Then, she sent us a very nice present for our 30th Wedding Anniversary; a Magic Kingdom Castle Plate. It is a wonderful gift.

April at the Bell Desk, Port Orleans– Riverside, May 16, 2006. April made sure we had extra hangers when I asked her how I could get them. She told me to call housekeeping and then said, “I will do it for you.” Oh yes, upon seeing me (before I asked her my question about hangers), she immediately congratulated me on my Anniversary (I was wearing a button). Every day we saw April, she said “congratulations” and she was ALWAYS smiling. She is the perfect person to have at the front of the hotel.

Katie Pregrenzer: Customer Relations at MGM Studios, May 17, 2006. Katie is extremely personable, sweet and incredibly nice. She was very helpful and she has the ideal Disney smile! Katie is the PERFECT Disney Ambassador.

Patrick Perry: Waiter at the Brown Derby, May 17, 2006. The dinner at the Brown Derby was our 30th Anniversary Dinner and Patrick made it very, very special. He is a cast member par excellence. We liked him so much, we had him sit with us for a picture. (attached) Patrick was our "Character Meal."

Mark Handi: Manager at the Brown Derby, May 17, 2006. He too made our evening a most wonderful event. He and Patrick are the perfect pair to make sure guests have an excellent dinning experience.

Chris Schwarz:
May 18, 2006. He is a cast member that happen to be standing next to me in a store (it was his day off). He overheard me speaking about trains and how I wanted to get a special gift for my grandson. Chris pointed out the Monorail train set. I said it was too large to carry back with us and he told me about sending it via UPS directly from the store. He was very helpful. He sported the perfect Disney attitude, even on his day off! (He told me he was the Retail Manager at the store at Discovery Island at the Animal Kingdom. He also told me about all the great things we could do at the Animal Kingdom.)
Dave Lutz: Magic Kingdom, May 18, 2006. Dave has no idea who I am. I observed him while I was standing in line getting ice cream at Auntie Gravity. He was working the retail outlet in the adjoining room. Everyone who came to his register left laughing. He was very entertaining and made sure each person he came in contact with had a happy, fun experience.

Sean Conley:
Concierge at the Port Orleans Riverside. Not sure of the exact date I spoke with Sean (Thursday or Friday, May 18/19). He was extremely helpful. Sean demonstrated a most wonderful attitude and couldn’t have been nicer. Just as Katie Pregrenzer is the perfect Disney Ambassador, Sean is the PERFECT Disney Concierge!

Donald Thomas: Celebration 5 & 10 Store at MGM, May 20, 2006. He was so nice and helpful. He had a great sense of humor and made our purchase there very enjoyable. He pointed out the embroidery area, which we wouldn’t have seen if it hadn’t have been for Donald. He is a perfect Cast Member to have working retail.

Kyle Embry: Animal Kingdom, May 22, 2006. My wife and I were standing in front of the entrance to the Everest Expedition, looking at the Animal Kingdom Map. Kyle came up to us and asked if he could offer any assistance. We said we were just trying to figure out where we could get something to eat after the Expedition ride. (Our FastPass time was coming up in 10 minutes.) He congratulated us on our anniversary and then asked us if we had been on the Safari. We told him we couldn’t get a FastPass as the wait time was too long and we wanted to get to the Magic Kingdom to see the Fireworks on our last evening at WDW. He told us to wait, and he left us. He came back a few minutes later with a handwritten FastPass to the Safari good for anytime. So, we headed over there when we got off the Everest Ride. He also gave us another FastPass for Everest. He was very nice. We really appreciated his kindness.

Nikky at the Fruit Stand near the Safari Ride exit, Animal Kingdom, May 22, 2006: We needed a little snack as we hadn’t eaten anything since breakfast and it was now near 6 PM. We picked up an apple, a fruit cup and a bottle of water. We went to pay for it and Nikky looked at our anniversary buttons and said, “Congratulations, have a nice day.” I tried to hand her money and she said again, “Congratulations, have a nice day.” My wife and I smiled and said thank you, and I tried to hand her money once again and Nikky said, “Congratulations, have a nice day.” That’s when it hit us, she was giving us the fruit and water as an anniversary gift. Now this was really wonderful as May 22 was our actual 30th wedding anniversary date!

Angel at the Magic Kingdom’s Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, May 22, 2006: We make it over to the Magic Kingdom to grab a quick dinner and watch the fireworks. Angel told us that we would receive a free dessert because it was our anniversary (boy, these buttons are great…) anyway, we thought this was very nice, and “yes”, we received a free dessert with our burgers! Thank you Angel!

David-Michael, Magic Kingdom, May 22, 2006: This individual REALLY made our trip special. Let me explain: As mentioned above, May 22 was our actual anniversary date. We wanted to end our week long celebration watching the Magic Kingdom Fireworks one more time. We walked into the park around 7:15 PM and walked up to David-Michael who was standing near the flag pole plaza. We asked him about the Spectra Magic as we had no idea what it was. He saw our buttons, congratulated us and then told us all about the Parade. We said thank you and headed down Main Street. We were about half way down Main Street when David came up behind us and politely said, “Excuse me, would you like to watch the parade from VIP seats?” We were completely taken aback and said, “Yes, that would be very special.” So he walked us down to the area where we were to be seated and instructed us to be there at 8:50 PM. Then he told us the “best” spot to watch the Fireworks (Rose Garden). We thanked David-Michael, and since there was time to do a few other things, we went to the Cosmic Ray’s for dinner and then a quick ride on the Tomorrowland Transportation System. At 8:50 we arrived at the VIP area to watch the parade. We sat down, and about a minute later David-Michael shows up behind us (we didn’t see him or even know he was there) and he announced to everyone sitting in the VIP section that “We have a special couple here celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary”, and then gave us the Mickey Bride and Groom ears along with a wonderful Magic Moment Certificate. We were very touched. But what capped the evening and really touched us was at the end of the Fireworks; David-Michael found us at the Rose Garden and asked us how we liked watching the Fireworks from this location. He followed up with us and made sure we were truly happy. It was a perfect ending to a wonderful week. It couldn’t have been scripted better.

So what does all this mean to WDW Cast Members? No matter how outstanding the rides and shows are, it is the PEOPLE that make a visit to WDW special. It’s a smile. It’s doing a little something extra for a guest. It’s an attitude.

I want to share with you something I live by and teach my employees:

Ability is what you are capable of doing,

Motivation is what you decide to do, and

Attitude is how well you do it.

Everyone mentioned above excels at what they do because they exude an outstanding attitude. That is what makes WDW special.

I will close this email with something David-Michael said. At the end of the evening when David-Michael came over to see how we liked the Fireworks, we thanked David-Michael for making our last night so very special and he said, “No, THANK YOU for coming to Walt Disney World. You could have spent your 30th anniversary anywhere in the world and you came HERE. We thank YOU for choosing us.” That Mr. Weiss is what makes the Disney experience so incredibly fantastic...an attitude of gratitude that transcends beyond Magic.

With our most sincere thanks to all who made our 30th anniversary so very special,

We are,

Barry and Mary Pat

As you can see from their letter to Al Weiss, they are a very special couple who took the time to make a list of everyone who made their visit special. And, their first order of business after arriving home was to make sure they sent the letter off so that those who deserved recognition received it. Because so many wonderful people read these boards and so many would know of these incredible castmembers, I asked permission to share their letter.

Thanks for allowing me to share,
Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter