C.Ann,

We used award tickets to go to Phoenix last Nov. They had black out days Tues/Wed before Thanksgiving and the Sunday and Mon after T-Giving .... (I like to torture myself by looking at the fares for the same flights as my award travel. :) ) I don't know if at any time they offered specials over T-Giving weekend, but whenever I looked at the T-Giving Holiday weekend, it was not included in the really good specials. Kind of like specials being offered now --Memorial Day weekend seems to be exempt. (it seemed to me that there was a correlation between the rapid reward black out days and expected peak demand periods and the availability of the best fares.)
I don't know if this information will help for planning purposes, but here is link to black out dates for this year

The cheapest fares are generally on Saturdays, Tues, Wed and Thurs. You might want to look at backing up your departure date by 1 day (to Saturday) and be poised to book your tickets as soon as you find a special/the schedule opens up.

Good luck!

-DC :)

C.Ann
I agree with DC. Sunday after T-Giving will be one of the worst travel days of the year. Friday or Saturday of that weekend will be better. I'm planning to travel into MCO T-Giving Day since rates should be pretty good. I can't wait for SW to release their dates so I can book my airfare!!! :smooth:

I following this thread because we have family traveling with us November 29 - December 7 and they haven't bought their tickets yet and we have. We got ours for $181 and now the same flights are $380 (delta).

So I told them they may have to wait for SW to release Nov/Dec.

Do you know when that might be? May, June? Will they have good fares for that weekend or are my inlaws screwed?

I chose Saturday to avoid the Sunday T-day crowds returning home!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter