$35 suite upgrade

Anyone knowif lowes members can upgrade to a suite for $35?? Checking in tomorrow at RP. Thanks!!

Wow, never heard of that, please let us know :)

Edit: You might be able to call them and ask btw, not sure

i was just updated to a loews gold member and one of the perks listed was a $35 suite upgrade every time i stay if one is available. that is the only $35 upgrade i know of. please let me know if you get one. have a great trip!

Just back and I was upgraded to a suite. She mentioned $35 charge (loews gold), but it wasn't on the bill. The hotels were really empty. There was a toys r us convention at RP, but other than that really empty!! Nice 1 bedroom suite for the AAA rate of $159.20--never asked for the AAA card either.

mousey said:
Just back and I was upgraded to a suite. She mentioned $35 charge (loews gold), but it wasn't on the bill. The hotels were really empty. There was a toys r us convention at RP, but other than that really empty!! Nice 1 bedroom suite for the AAA rate of $159.20--never asked for the AAA card either.
how do you become a loews gold member? :confused3

i have a gold loews card.

when you first join, you are a blue member.
once you have # of days in one year at a loews hotel, you get bumped up to the gold level.

once you stay a certain number of days in a year, you move from gold to platinum card member.

there are different perks for each card, blue/gold/platinum.

with the gold, i get late check out if i request it.
also get free upgrade when i make the ressie, if the room is available.
also get the welcome gift, newspaper, free work out gym etc.
forget the other amenities right now.

if you go to the website, you can read what you can receive at each loews card level.

Always ask if a complimentary upgrade is available when checking in!

Be pleasant and smile. It is usually no problem during less busy times for a front desk clerk to put you into a suite or at least a better view room.

Be sure to get the person's name and send a short note to the general manager complimenting the individual on their excellant performance.

This used to work on airlines to get bumped to first class, but has not worked for me since 9/11.

mousey said:

Mousey....We were there at the same time as you, arrived on the 24th and checked out yesterday. We booked the AAA rate as well. I'm curious, did you receive your welcome amenities? We (my family had three rooms) were all told that we could not receive them since we used the AAA rate. We did end up receiving cookies and milk but I think that may have been because our room wasn't ready by 4pm.

Yes we did get the welcome gift, although the check in person told me that they normally don't give it if you book AAA. I really think its up to the person checking you in--last time I booked AAA at the Portofino and I asked about the welcome gift and they said no problem. I didn't ask about the welcome gift--she offered it this time.

i stay at hrh and they always do the loews welcome gift even if you book AAA.

the only time they don't is when it is a loews black out date, which there are a few of them in the year.

my first two nights at hrh in oct are black out dates, but the rest of my stay there, it is not. so, i wait until day 3 to get my welcome loews gift.

i am using the AAA for the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter