40 Years AGO Tomorrow!!!

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
Seems like yesterday??? NOT REALLY, just not that LONG AGO !!!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...was-held-together-by-duct-tape-034116917.html
" ... At midnight on Aug. 1, 1981, Martha Quinn, Mark Goodman, Nina Blackwood, Alan Hunter, and J.J. Jackson stood inside the Loft restaurant in Fort Lee, N.J., to watch music history being made. The now-iconic “moon landing” guitar riff blasted; Warner Cable executive John Lack intoned, “Ladies and gentlemen, rock ‘n’ roll”; the Buggles’ “Video Killed the Radio Star” hit the small screen… and just minutes later, the new cable channel MTV suffered its first technical difficulty... "

I wasn’t in the states for the MTV debut but it made the nightly news overseas.
They kept playing a song who’s name I don’t recall…something about who killed the radio..

I listen to 80s on 8 on satellite radio. I was listening to Mark talk about it yesterday. Now I dont remember it well I was 5 years old but its amazing how far we have come.

Wow 40 years! I don't remember being that young when it first came on, but I remember having it on almost constantly when I was in my room.

I remember loving to watch the top videos countdown show. We only had one tv, and dad hated music, so I sat on the floor right in front of the set with the volume almost off, straining to hear the songs while the videos played.

Wow, for some reason I thought MTV was older than that. One guy in my fraternity signed up for cable in his room which in the late 1970's basically it was just over the air TV signals in those days, known as CATV (Community Antenna Television) or Pay TV. He bought an old color console TV from Goodwill. Me, I was a Broadcasting major and has a 9" Panasonic TV in my room. Watched all the local channels for free on the built in rod antenna. We were the only two people in a fraternity of 35 with TV's. 30 years later I moved my son into a dorm at the same University and the parade of flat screen TV's going into dorm rooms was amazing.

We never got MTV so I don’t think I ever saw it. But there were a bunch of local video shows I watched religiously in the early 80’s. :)

I didn't have any television growing up so I've never seen MTV. Sound like it was quite the hit in the 80's though.

We were too poor for cable, didn't get it until much later on, but my aunt and uncle had it with one of those button operated cable boxes on top of the TV.
It was all just so fancy to me but out of all the videos I remember Rick James and Superfreak the most, it was the time of Roller Disco so I was all in :)

JK, it was banned but I remember it LOL

We got MTV a few months after it debuted. I was 11 and it made a HUGE impression on me. It exposed me to so much different music that I still love and listen to today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter