• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We were there last Sept and there were qite a few. However, they do bother you, after a while you dont't even notice them, mostly we saw them on the pavement at the hotel. None in the rooms and they never landed on us either.

Wow, they sure landed on *us* last September! I can remember walking through Epcot behind people who had them all over the backs of their shirts. We found them a little bothersome, and I hated when they'd land on my skin, but they weren't enough to keep us from going back -- we're booked for this September, too! :)

Ok, I give, what's a "love bug"? Been reading that there everywhere is Sept, and... oh my gosh.... I just made ressies for.... Sept! NOT a big bug lover! Please, someone tell me they are little tiny bugs that don't really like humans.... :confused:

Kath

Love bugs are these black bugs that you see "mating" all over the place. I guess that is why they are called love bugs because you always see them stuck together. They dont bite or sting or anything but if you are a bug hater like me, then they are still bothersome. They covered our hotel room door and sidewalks and we did find some in our room. They just gross me out! Apparently they damage the paint on cars. I have also read that they are attracted to light colored clothes......so you may want to avoid that. We saw them at AK, but not at MK last September. They also were all over the lounge chairs by the pool. They dont bother most people, I just hate bugs of all kinds!

We are in WDW 8/26-9/2 and my son screams when he sees an ant!!! Are they around late August?

js-

I would imagine they are probably there at that time. We were there Sep. 19 - 26. I know they are alos around in May. I couldn't say for sure as I haven't been there in August.

we were in florida last september as well. i dont remember them being bothersome, i do remember they were everywhere. im not a bug lover but these were very interesting. a florida resident told us that were accidently scientifically altered (a science project gone bad) from one of the universitys. they do not bite or sting, so they wont hurt you. they supposedly continually hatch and thier life expectantcy is only a few weeks. i just found them to be neat :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter