$446 more to stay on-site. Is it worth it? Can't decide!

juandipr

Earning My Ears
Our trip is from September 29 to October 7. We'll have a rental car. Planning to visit:

Universal Studios/IOA for 3-4 days
Wet N' Wild
Seaworld
Aquatica
Busch Gardens
Halloween Horror Nights on Sept 29

We originally booked the Springhill Suites at Seaworld for 8 nights - Total of $758, which fits our budget perfectly (plus free breakfast included). But lately we have been considering the benefits of staying on-site for the first four nights while we visit Universal/HHN. Most of all I love the benefit of being able to walk/take the water taxi since I will be staying at the hotel with my 9 year old while my husband takes our 15 y/o to HHN.

Total cost for this alternative is:

Royal Pacific for 4 nights ($179 per night) = $806.40
Springhill Suites for 4 nights = $398

So I would end up paying $446 more to stay on-site. I really need your opinion on whether or not it's worth to come up with this extra money (plus hotel parking and breakfast cost). Thank you so much!!

Yes it's worth it, we do both kinda trips, and with out question for that much extra I'd not think twice.

So worth it. We stayed at Royal Pacific and loved being close to the parks and Citywalk. Also the Express pass is so worth the extra money.

Wow, that is an ambitious schedule you've got!!

Just got back from a split stay with our first 3 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort. There were 6 of us. Breakfast ("on-the-go" style) cost of about $30-40 total each day. If you have the buffet breakfast at Islands, it will cost about $21 per adult (over age 9).

We did valet parking which (I believe) was $25 each day. I think it's $18 for self-parking. I would definitely forgo a car the next time we go to Universal. It just wasn't needed -- too much within walking distance, and what wasn't walkable, it would've been cheaper to take cabs.

Hope this helps a little!

I'm guessing you've got one of those special tickets to get you into WnW and the parks, so you can't upgrade to a Preferred AP for Universal. If you could, though, I see an APH rate here bringing RPR to 149/night. But that doesn't help you if you then can't go to WnW with the family.

i think it would be wonderful for you all to stay onsite for a family vacation.
sometimes when teens get older, they drag their feet about vacations.

hope that doesn't happen for you.

it's gonna be a great stay at the darkside you can all enjoy together.

your dh and older son can do hhn while you and the younger one can have a different type of adventure.
staying onsite will make all of that much easier.

it really is better to stay onsite since 2 in the group will be out late for hhn.

sometimes money is not the priority on a vacation hotel stay.
having a more easy and relaxed time could be the #1 thing you want most in your orlando stay.

you can come and go to the parks, pools, city walk as you want.
no down time in preparing getting ready early for the parks and the down time of commuting there.

staying onsite is so convenient.

Parking is Free at the parks, but not at the hotels. It's definitely worth the extra dollars to stay!!! If you had an AP the price goes down $30 a night to $149

After a month of agonizing over plans, I just booked pretty much the same thing you did. Getting Universal APs, staying 3 nights at Royal Pacific and spending 4 days at the parks, then moving to Spring Hill Sea World using one of their vacation packages which includes unlimited Sea World/Aquatica visits and 2 days of free dining. I'm SO excited and just cannot WAIT! I will be sure to do a trip report - we're going August 18th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter