4th of July Fireworks vs Happily Ever After

lynzi2004

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose if you had the choice? We might make a last minute, mostly resort trip. Thinking about doing one park day over the week of the 4th. Would you pick the longer park hours/more crowded day with the 4th Fireworks (July 4) or the lower crowd day/shorter hours but Happily Ever After (July 5)?!?!

Which would you choose if you had the choice? We might make a last minute, mostly resort trip. Thinking about doing one park day over the week of the 4th. Would you pick the longer park hours/more crowded day with the 4th Fireworks (July 4) or the lower crowd day/shorter hours but Happily Ever After (July 5)?!?!
It would be worth it to me to spring for park hopper tickets to do the July 4th fireworks without spending all day there. Or just have a relaxing resort morning, then head to MK in the afternoon of the 4th. The July 4th fireworks are a very special attraction.

Last edited:
It would be worth it to me to spring for park hopper tickets to do the July 4th fireworks without spending all day there. Or just have. Relaxing resort morning, then head to MK in the afternoon of the 4th. The July 4th fireworks are a very special attraction.

I don't know that DH would spring for a PH with it being such a short trip but that is a great idea as we haven't seen Pandora! How early does the hub area fill on the 4th?

I don't know that DH would spring for a PH with it being such a short trip but that is a great idea as we haven't seen Pandora! How early does the hub area fill on the 4th?
It's been a few years since I've done the 4th of July, so I don't remember. I wouldn't wait until evening to show up, though. I'd go in the mid-afternoon and see how things looked.

I did July 3rd fireworks once as a PP suggested, but didn't really like that I wasn't there on the actual 4th. I'm the type who likes to celebrate the holiday on the actual day. But if that's not important to you, July 3rd might work well.

The fireworks on the 3rd and 4th are very cool, but it should be very, very busy.

If I were forced into that scenario ...I would lean to the 5th.

For me, the 3rd or 4th would be using my FP+, go to shows and see cool fireworks. Any more rides than my 3 FP+ would be considered a bonus. If doing more than 3 rides is important, you either need to RD the 4th or choose the 5th

It depends, really. I'm braving it out and going to MK for the fireworks on the 4th. But that's because I'm an AP and I don't mind spending my evening in a huge crowd accomplishing nothing else but seeing fireworks. Plus, I can see Happily Ever After practically whenever I want.

If it was my only trip for the year, however, I'd lean for the 5th. Less crowds, be able to do more.

We are doing the 3rd because we have to come home on the 4th, and the 4th is DF's birthday! We already have FPs and an ADR for that evening, but will spend the morning at Universal.

We are planning to catch the MK fireworks on the 3rd, they usually preview the ones for the 4th that day with far less crowding!

That would be my ideal scenario, but a family wedding is keeping us from flying out until that Monday!

We are doing the 3rd because we have to come home on the 4th, and the 4th is DF's birthday! We already have FPs and an ADR for that evening, but will spend the morning at Universal.

ADR availability is surprisingly decent that whole week and there is even a couple restaurants available in MK on the 4th that would give us the chance for air conditioning and a nice break. Granted, we were just there in April and did BOG, etc. I wish Disney had a way of looking at FP availability without tickets! That would make a big difference for which day I chose this late in the game. I really like the 4th for the extended hours, we are rope drop people and with a decent restaurant break and people watching around the fireworks, I don't think we would have too much trouble taking advantage of the 1am close. Especially with one park day we would be much more rested than we would during a regular week of touring. We can sleep in and lay poolside all the next day!

Nothing in the whole world can equal the excitement of the 4th of July fireworks at Magic Kingdom!!! It is a memory that will last forever!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter