4th of July, where should we be?

douglas4315

Earning My Ears
We are heading down to OKW for 4th of July with our 20 month old, another couple and ther 2 year olds. Does anyone have a suggestion of where we should be for the 4th or wayt o stay away from?

We would probably want to see fireworks but wasn't sure if there were 4th of july events that we should try and see. Any suggestions?

I have been to WDW for the last 5 years on the 4th. We tend to stay away from the parks. We always go to Typhoon Lagoon during the day and then watch the fireworks at Downtown Disney. Most of the parks reach capacity early afternoon. I would definitly stay away from MK especially this year as they are having a special event. They are having 1000 new US citizens and their familys in a ceremony, awarding them their US citizenship. As it already is crazy on the 4th, I imagine it is probably going to be unbelieveably packed this year. One year we went to epcot and it was pretty mobbed also. However, we entered off of the boardwalk and watched from right there. I noticed a lot of people watching from the bridge at the boardwalk. We were able to walk right out after and avoided the crowds. DTD is crowded but not as bad as the parks and the display is really nice.

Couple of thoughts: The kids may not like the sound of the fireworks. You can watch MK's preview fireworks from the Poly Beach on the 3rd. I've never seen 4th of July, but MGM only has fireworks then and on NYE. The NYE fireworks are amazing. If the kids can tolerate the noise, then that's where I would be on the 4th.

We will also be at OKW on July 4th!!

I made reservations to eat at Ohanas and then to watch the fireworks on the Poly beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter