5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont guess there is too much hope of getting a better rate rebooking aboard, huh?

It's looking very doubtful at this stage of the game. I'm glad I booked when I did!!!

I booked the 5/27/2006 special Western cruise for myself and DS who will be 17 at that time. DS will have just graduated from high school a few days earlier, and we will be celebrating on this cruise!

This will be our 3rd DCL cruise by then. We are booked for the May 29, 2005 4-night Wonder, and we enjoyed our first DCL experience this past summer in July, also on the 4-night Wonder.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I called DCL yesterday morning and booked this cruise too (SPH #5020 to boot!). Two days at CC were a HUGE draw for us. It's our favorite port on the cruise. My DH said it would fine with him if we just docked there for 7 days!! We stayed in #5020 this summer on the western and loved it. I hope my DS (16 at the time of the 5/27/06 cruise) school schedule stays the same as this year so he won't miss any school (private Catholic school with really tough standards and a straight A student who HATES to miss school). I'll cross my fingers for no snow days to make up. This summer we took my son's best friend (since they were 4) with us on the cruise and then to WDW for 9 days, but I don't think his mom will let him miss baseball to go with us on this cruise. My son had soooo much fun having a friend along, I went ahead and booked his best friend on this cruise, but was told by DCL that I could change the name to someone else at no charge. So it will be me (Kathy), DH (Brian) and DS (Jake) along with a guest to be determined at a later time. We had a mini DIS meet before our cruise in July and it was so neat to put faces with names after talking on line for so many months in anticipation of the trip. I hope we can keep this thread going until the cruise.

Originally posted by dzneprincess
I'm there with ya Phyliss. Mine don't even know we are going this November yet! LOL

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't tell the kids!! ROFL!! I'm trying really hard not to tell the kids about our Halloween surprise weekend! We're leaving on a Thursday afternoon, so I'm thinking we'll go pick them up at school and drive right to the airport! They will FLIP OUT! ::yes::

After I put down the deposit and told the family, I remembered Dance Recital! Oh Noooo! It's every other year (2006 would be the year), usually on Memorial Day weekend. But there's a new studio owner, I'm going to talk to her and see if she's going to change things. DD is always in lots of numbers, she's on the dance team.

So I'm trying not to think about this cruise until we figure out if we can actually go.

To further complicate things, the school system will not publish next year's calendar until almost the end of this year! They have always gotten out by May 25 or so, they'd better not change it!

We have a room on hold and have finally told DH. He said he wanted to think about it. I just have to get out the DCL DVD and have him watch it and I know he will be sold. There will be four of us (Me, DH, DS - 15 and DD - 11). Can't wait to be on DCL again.

Pam

Good luck Pam.
So goes anyone feel like sharing the price they paid and what they got for it, also when u booked? (ok call me nosey)

We got 2 cat 10's 5022 and 5024 for a total of 5147.00 thru Dana at www.micdan.com (it was 5503.68 thru DCL directly, she saves me almost $400) This is for 2 adults and 4 kids BUT 2 kids will pay adult fare because we need 2 rooms.

dzneprincess - we'll be neighbors!! We have #5020 - great location. My price from DCL is $3895 for 2 adults & 2 16 year olds with transfers, but no insurance and no airfare (I like to arrange that myself and fly in the night before staying at The Hyatt in the airport - makes for a VERY stress free start to the cruise!). I'm getting a few other quotes just in case someone can beat it.

sorry moocow. I dont need airfare or transfers and I forget that others do! LOL It is cruise only, no air,transfer or insurance. dznyacct, may I suggest dana at www.micdan.com she always has the lowest price for me. Cool that we will be neighbors! Boy what a differnce in price between mine and yours all because we need another room huh?

I got a Cat 6 cabin (6056) for 2 adults and 2 kids through Costco for $4311. DCL quoted me $4800+, no airfare, no transfers.

What I don't get is on DCL's website the western cruise the week before ours is a lot more. Is that just because we're doing CC days? I'd rather do that than Key West, any day!

We have 3 adults, and one DD 15 (time of sailing) in a cat. 9, no transfers or airfare, DCL price 3899.12, booked the day the dates were released.

I booked a Cat 11 (#7067) with DCL for 2 adults on 9/29 for $2,297, including insurance but not transfers (since we live in Central Florida, only about 1 hour or so away from Port Canaveral). We had a Cat 11 on board the Wonder, and were very comfortable, just being two of us. Thought we would do this again, and save a few extra $$ to spend on goodies and shopping!

Looking forward to meeting our new DIS friends on board!

Susie

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

dzneprincess ~ thanks for the suggestion of www.micdan.com . I went to their website and requested a quote. Have you used them before, any problems/challenges?

I have used her for 3 cruises! Dana is great and her customer service skills are fantastic! No problems whatsoever, unless you call getting me a great deal therefore causing me to take more cruises problems! LOL She posts here at the DIS occasionly, but never promoting her own site or business. She is a big pin trader and DCL is her specialty. SOmeone on the DIS reccomended her to me back in 2002 and I have used her ever since. The only time I did not use her was for the 09-19 Wonder that we just got off of. I saw a low price for it at all seas and called her with the price. She told me straight up that I had a fantastic deal and to jump on it. I would give her a call tommorow, she has a toll free number and you will get a sense of how great she is by talking in person to her.

Hi Everyone!

The price I have for a cat 6 for 2 adults and 1 child age 9 is $3778.00. This is also through Dana at micdan. She is great!!
I have until today to do my deposit. What do you all think?

Thanks!!

Hi There!!
I just called Dana and left a message to put down our depo. It is better to be safe than sorry, I guess. Do you still get interest free for 6 months on the Disney Visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter