5/31 - All Good Things Must Come to An End

BethC1952

DIS Veteran
5/31- All Good Things Must Come to An End

We woke at 5:45 AM on this morning because I wanted to go to guest services to pay my bill before I had breakfast and before the line was too long!

The bill had been placed under our door sometime during the night, and, after assuring myself that it was correct, including the last purchases I had made at Treasure Ketch the night before (early enough that I could pack them and not have to put them in my day bag) I headed to Guest Services with cash in hand.

Guest services was very prompt, and at 6:15 I was the only person there. By the time I had settled my account, however, there was a long line of people behind me.

I then returned to our room to shower and "pretty myself up" for the long day and the long trip home.

Since we had the late seating for dinner, we also had the late seating for breakfast (enough reason for me to request late seating again--the people who had first seating had to have breakfast at 6:30 AM). We watched the morning news while we did our final check of the room to make sure didn't forget anything, then gathered up our day bag and sun hats and left room 6083 for the last time, since we would be leaving from Parrot Cay to find our luggage, go through customs, and head to the airport.

Breakfast was good--the first sit-down breakfast I had on the ship! Two of the other couples who were at our table didn't arrive for breakfast, but they had all claimed to be late risers! We older folks get up early, I guess!

We said goodbye to our servers (Vicky and Mickail were great; they made mealtime fun!) and headed off the ship to the terminal to find our luggage and go through customs (with our customs declaration form which we filled out the night before). Finding our luggage was just as easy as they said it would be. On the last night you get color-coded luggage tags on which you write your name and your stateroom number. When you get to the luggage pickup area, it's all sorted so that, once you get to the right color, you just follow the numbers and everything is there! We never travel with anything we can't carry ourselves, so we grabbed our stuff and headed for the customs desk. The woman at the counter looked at our form, smiled, told us to have a nice day, and we were back on land.

As soon as we left the terminal, a cast member asked which airline we would be taking, and directed us to the Continental area. We were able to check our luggage and get our boarding passes before we even got on the bus for the airport! We boarded the bus, and arrived safely at the airport with four hours until our flight (yes, we went to the Disney store, and yes, I bought something there!)

I'm still working on my website with all of my pictures--it will take me another week or so, I think. I'll post a link here when it's done! I have a lot of pictures of the interior of the ship that I haven't seen anywhere else!

In the meantime, if you have any questions about any of my report, or anything else regarding the ship or the cruise that you think I can help with, please don't hesitate to post a reply to this message. I'll get back to you as soon as I see it!

Beth

Thanks for your great trip reports Beth. It really does help with the post-cruise blues to read about someone else's great experience!!

Beth, I've looked forward every day to reading about your trip. Since ours was so similiar it brought back wonderful memories. Now I'll be looking forwards to your pictures. Thanks.

Beth, thanks for a great trip report! We leave in 10 days for WDW - 16 days until we board the Wonder! I can't wait!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful vacation.
It sounds like you had a fantastic time. I
didn't know that you could "set" the television
like an alarm clock. My kids will get a kick out
of that.
Thanks again! Jan:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter