5 Adults celebrating my sons 21st. Need hotel suggestions.

LOL! This just goes to show how we all have different thoughts about convenience, etc. 7 of us stayed there in December and only 2 of our crew loved the resort. It was "okay" however the two I thought would find it boring were the two who enjoyed it the most. LOL!

Honestly, no matter where anyone stays in WDW there are transportation options to get them where ever they want to go, so I think that the first thing folks should do is look at their dynamic and determine honestly what works both financially and logistically. I love deluxe stays but I would not compromise space and comfort to stay in any of them.

Totally agree! 4 of us stayed in a 2BR at OKW twice and spoiled us! So much room, and the huge balcony allowed for lots of fun family time discussing our upcoming day, or telling stories about the day that just happened! And I love Disney Springs and that boat ride.

But - our next trip with just DH & me, Boardwalk makes more sense (we love that place too) as we want to do a lot of Epcot during the holiday seasons. So, yes, you have to decide just one or two things that are important when picking your resort.

I'd suggest any of the Epcot resorts. We stayed at BC for DD's 21st and it was great to walk into EP for a day of celebrating, For DS's 21st we stayed at SS in a 2 bedroom (had DD's finance with us so wanted more room). That worked great for space but we did like being closer to EP for a little drinking around the world. SS was great for getting to DS though for after park fun.

What is SS? Trying to figure out these hotel abbreviations are proving difficult!

Thank you all so much for the advice. Although I am having one heck of a time with the resort abbreviations!

I have moved to these resorts and I was hoping you could help me a bit?
Boardwalk is out, just too expensive for us. 2 of our party jumped shipped are staying at the All-Star Sports, but if I can find a room close to their price I may be able to cover the overage for them. :) I am paying for all the tickets, just so you don't think I am a mean mom!

We are now looking at 3 rooms since my kids are now freaking out about my Hubby's bad snoring!

We will be spending one full day at the resort and here is our wish list:
Few kids, great pool options, a bar at the hotel or at least the pools (21st bday you know), trans to parks (needs to be close if possible)

Option 1: I am thinking for location and (cost) The Carribean Beach Resort. It looks like a fun stay and the Skyliner is brand new since my last trip in 2011. What are your thoughts because I don't think I saw the abbreviation CBR listed here?

Option 2: Port Orleans Riverside It looks quiet and quaint and still close to the parks we are visiting (Epcot/Hollywood)

Option 3: Port Orleans French Quarter. (did not realize there were 2 Orleans resorts!) Again looks like fewer kids which is good for my rowdy crew.

Are these all good choices? I know it all depends on what we are looking for, but this is the last family trip before the grandkids are old enough to tag along and I want it to be a special time.

Thanks again, you all have been so helpful!
My poor travel agent thanks you as well, I am driving her nuts!

Have you priced CSR (Coronado Springs?) It is the most adult of the moderates IMO. I like all of the moderates you named, but they are all very family friendly and will have a lot of kids by the pool. And in the food courts. SCR is as well, however its theme and the fact that it is generally thought of as a conference resort keeps it a little more adult.

I also would look at Gran Destino Tower. It is new, and probably a little pricier than the other moderates. I do believe that CSR is the least expensive and the most conducive to an adult stay. The rooms start at 198 per night. ETA I did a quick February search and CSR is about 240 per night in February

None of the moderates are going to be "low kids". If you are going moderate and want a more adult feel, I agree with the PP who said the Coronado Springs is your best option. Because of the convention center there, it will be fewer kids, there is a nicer lounge on property ect.

Hello,
I'd look at pictures and videos of the moderate resorts. They are so different. I have stayed at the deluxe resorts with my 4 kids until they got older and we needed 2 rooms. Plus it seems the prices have gone up so swiftly in the last few years. Our favorite was always the Polynesian however we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and that is our favorite now. The grounds are so beautiful and we love the food court. The kids love coming back from the parks and using the quiet pool by our rooms. There are quite a few of them scattered thruout the resort. Having 2 adult daughters and 2 teen sons, they'd rather go to the quiet pools then the big pool where there are so many kids. Another favorite is the boat to downtown disney and the carriage rides thru the resort.
By the way, it is so nice of you to pick up the tab however that being said, you deserve to look at the pictures/videos and find the one you love.

None of the moderates are going to be "low kids". If you are going moderate and want a more adult feel, I agree with the PP who said the Coronado Springs is your best option. Because of the convention center there, it will be fewer kids, there is a nicer lounge on property ect.

It's not that we don't want kids, it's just that fewer kids might be better. We always stayed at the budget resorts (all stars) and there were so many kids walking was dangerous! That is what I am tryng to avoid so my boys don't get out of hand an offend a family by accident.

Hello,
I'd look at pictures and videos of the moderate resorts. They are so different. I have stayed at the deluxe resorts with my 4 kids until they got older and we needed 2 rooms. Plus it seems the prices have gone up so swiftly in the last few years. Our favorite was always the Polynesian however we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and that is our favorite now. The grounds are so beautiful and we love the food court. The kids love coming back from the parks and using the quiet pool by our rooms. There are quite a few of them scattered thruout the resort. Having 2 adult daughters and 2 teen sons, they'd rather go to the quiet pools then the big pool where there are so many kids. Another favorite is the boat to downtown disney and the carriage rides thru the resort.
By the way, it is so nice of you to pick up the tab however that being said, you deserve to look at the pictures/videos and find the one you love.

Yes, I have been doing that all morning! I am so glad you posted. It's because of the pictures that I am leaning towards the Port Orleans Riverside. I did not realize there were less crowded pools there that is also good to know. Our goal is to just hand out with our kids and enjoy being with them and I really want a resort where we can do that. Talk and laugh and make new memories. We plan to stay a full day at the hotel and that is why this pic is so important.
Does that make sense?

It's not that we don't want kids, it's just that fewer kids might be better. We always stayed at the budget resorts (all stars) and there were so many kids walking was dangerous! That is what I am tryng to avoid so my boys don't get out of hand an offend a family by accident.
I think Coranado or an Epcot resort is the best for that. You say that Boardwalk is out of reach, is that booking direct through Disney or renting DVC points? We have found that a studio at Boardwalk is often the same price as a moderate when renting points.

I think Coranado or an Epcot resort is the best for that. You say that Boardwalk is out of reach, is that booking direct through Disney or renting DVC points? We have found that a studio at Boardwalk is often the same price as a moderate when renting points.

Oh, I don't even know what that is. We are not in the DVC. Do you need to be a member to do that?

Oh, I don't even know what that is. We are not in the DVC. Do you need to be a member to do that?
No, there are several online rental services that rent out members unused points for them. You can save a tremendous amount of money doing it, but there are some drawbacks. Once you book you cannot change your dates, and services typically want either full payment up front or a 60% deposit. Rental rates are typically less than half what direct bookings through Disney cost. If you are interested google DVC rentals. I don't think I can mention names here, but there are 2 very prominent and reputable options. We have used one of them multiple times and been very happy. There is no way we could afford to go as often as we do in deluxe resorts without DVC rentals.

Of the moderates, I would vote for CSR. I have stayed there with my mom and also my husband on trips without kids. It is a gorgeous resort...the pics don’t do it justice. I haven’t been there since the new tower opened but I believe it has more bars and restaurants than the other moderates do. There is a new restaurant there called Toledo that is supposed to be good and another restaurant/bar on the lake which is supposed to be nice.

Of the moderates, I would vote for CSR. I have stayed there with my mom and also my husband on trips without kids. It is a gorgeous resort...the pics don’t do it justice. I haven’t been there since the new tower opened but I believe it has more bars and restaurants than the other moderates do. There is a new restaurant there called Toledo that is supposed to be good and another restaurant/bar on the lake which is supposed to be nice.
The only reason I am hesitant to stay there is the fact that my hubby and I do not like Mexican food. :(

Sorry if I am repeating, but the 5th sleeping surface (murphy bed) at CBR and POR is slightly larger than a crib mattress, smaller than a twin bed. An adult wouldn't comfortably fit on it, and I'm not sure whether there's a weight limit. It's meant for kids. You could bring a twin size air mattress for the 5th adult, but you'll be tight on space.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you will be charged extra person charges per night for each 18+ adult after the first two. In other words, you'll get hit with the charge for each night times three. I would compare the cost of that against two value rooms, and see if the cost difference is negligible for you. If it is, I would definitely go with two rooms at a value for more comfortable sleeping arrangements, space, and a second bathroom.

Of the 3 revised options you have listed, I would perhaps advise you against choosing POR, since you mentioned transportation is important. POR is a much larger resort than POFQ, and it has several bus stops, which makes getting to and from the parks take longer. It's also much more spread out, which means that you could potentially be stuck with a room that is far from the food court and/or the pools. Also, there have been some recent reports of housekeeping/room condition being less than stellar at POR, but YMMV. IMHO, POFQ has a more "adult" and intimate feel to it than POR (POFQ has a Mardi Gras theme), is easier to navigate because it's smaller, has just one bus stop, and doesn't have the same potential of being stuck in a room far away from the food court and pool. Plus, because POR is a sister resort, you get POR pool privileges as a POFQ guest and can fairly easily access their restaurants and food court as well. Also, maybe it was just the luck our our particular trips, but we've stayed at both POFQ and POR many times, and we personally saw more kids at POR, but again YMMV.

I've never stayed at CBR because in the past we had always read that it was a resort that had lots of kids and noise...but I do know that the resort has undergone major renovations, so that may well have changed. And admittedly, the addition of the Skyliner makes it an attractive choice.

One final thought...not sure if it makes a difference, but CSR is Spanish themed, so the cuisine at its restaurants will offer food that is different from typical Mexican fare found in the US (though their QS locations definitely offer American cuisine as well). I think several of us have tried to steer you in the direction of CSR because of the moderate resorts it's definitely the most upscale and adult oriented, and the reviews since the remodel have been positively stellar. However, I completely understand about the food being an issue if Spanish cuisine isn't your thing either. I can't remember how long you said your stay would be, but you might want to consider how much you would actually be eating at the resort vs at the parks...for the way we travel, we rarely eat at our resort (except to take advantage of CL offerings if we're staying CL), but YMMV.

HTH, and I hope that you and your family have a wonderful trip! :)

The only reason I am hesitant to stay there is the fact that my hubby and I do not like Mexican food. :(
(though their QS locations definitely offer American cuisine as well).
CSR table service restaurants have a decent amount of "typical America" fare, too.
Sorry if I am repeating, but the 5th sleeping surface (murphy bed) at CBR and POR is slightly larger than a crib mattress, smaller than a twin bed.
A lot of people say this, so I searched.
"Crib mattresses must be 51 5/8-by- 27 1/4- inches"
Drop down mattress measurements 63 x 30"
"Twin/Single 75 × 36"
Drop down mattress measurements 63 x 30"

A lot of whether someone will fit depends on not just their height, but also sleeping position.

Best options:
Three rooms at Pop.
Suite+air mattress at AoA.
Two rooms+air mattress at CBR - all because of the easy access to Epcot and DHS, along with cost considerations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter