• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 nights in Vero too much????

tss2

DVC BWV and VB
We are thinking of making reservations soon for Vero Beach in the summer. Is 5 night (6 days) there too much?

We are planning a few busy days in orlando area first and want to go to the beach to get a break from the hustle and bustle of orlando.

Also, the reason why I'm asking if 5 nights is too much is that our family is not much for spending days laying at the pool or the beach. Maybe a couple hours a day, but I want to make sure there are other things to do at the resort or VB area that will keep us busy. Places to see or things to do for a few hours a day.

Hope these questions make sense.........just trying to figure out how many nights for our ressies. Thanks!

Your family sounds like mine. 5 nights is too much for us - 2 or 3 nights is about right.

If you don't care to lay on the beach or sit around at the pool, there isn't all that much to keep you busy at the resort. There are the usual things to do in town (movies, shopping, eating), but I didn't find doing those things in Vero Beach all that different from doing them at home. You could go to Kennedy Space Center for a day or visit one of the museums in the area (there is an airplane one not too far. Forgot the name). During Spring training, you could go to a ball game.

You can minigolf at the resort, rent bikes, watch videos or walk some trails. There is a small health club, a very small arcade and some activities for children. You might enjoy a drink in the Green Cabin Room.

HTH.

Best wishes -

5 days is not too much for our family. We do like to lay out by the pool and beach. We can have fun at WDW and not go the parks much. VB is not a beach place like Myrtle Beach SC. There really is not too much to do, with out going on sightseeing tours. You could plan a day trip to the Space Center in the middle to break up the lazy days. We did this once on a seven night stay. It was a nice change of pace to be busy that day.

There's a nature center close by and Harborbranch oceanographic center a bit further away, in Fort Pierce.

Bobbi:D

It can seem like too long, especially coming from the parks where you are all wound up from the fast pace, but once I wind down after a day or so, just kicking back, taking short drives up and down the coast to different beaches, and just relaxing can be great.. Also they have different outings from there. We did the kayak excursion this summer. Had a great time, thinking about buying our own kayaks now.. word of warning, if you and your spouse don't work well togeather do not get the tandem kayak!!!

People in the kayaking communities haven't nicknamed tandems, divorce kayaks for nothing.;)

The first time we went to Vero, we were on our honeymoon and spent 3nights and 4 days at the end of our WDW trip - it seemed way too long as we were into spending most of the day at the parks with an hour or 2 a day break to be at the pool at the resort and then we were into the night life of PI. We just weren't into lazing around the pool and not having all the extra activity at hand. Now that's it's 7years later and we went back with 2 kids, it was a MUCH different experience. We are completely on the oppossite side of the fence where now we are totally into the lazing around the pools and quiet nights where we can have the kids nap in the afternoons and get them down to bed at a decent hour and have a drink relaxing on the balcony in the evening.

Depends on which type of vacationing you're into -- if you're not into the slower pace, it will definetly seem like too much time there but if not, Vero is sooo great. We enjoyed the resort so much more this 2nd time around and cannot wait to go back. We liked it the 1st time and thought it was beautiful but way too quiet but we LOVED IT the 2nd time and thought it was perfect.

HTH's:wave:

For us 3 - 5 days is perfect at Vero. We do love to lounge around on the beach (the pool we can do at home in Texas).. renting movies at night.. taking advantage of the resort activities.

My girls do tend to get a bit bored after being on the beach for 2 days, but since they are older they can head up to the pool if DH and I want to stay on the beach. We can also send them out to participate in the resort activities if we want to just be lazy and sleep in or sip wine on the balcony.

With young children I think it may be too much. With older kids who enjoy being on their own for some of the activities it is great.

We spent about an hour or so at the nature reserve last June. It was hot, buggy and not terribly interesting for us.. but others may like it.

Absolutely love the resort, but a couple of days is enough for us. There are some planned activities that help keep the kids occupied, but during rainy days when one doesn't make it to the pool/beach it can be a bit boring, but I guess that is what the bar is for.

Usually, for us, five days is not enough...

Of course, we love the lounging around the pool and beach... Playing minigolf or on the playground....

To each their own though...

I agre with the others, depending upon your style of vactioning and the ages of your children. I had varying age groups. 2 17's and they were to in between adult and kid. They weer ready to go after 1 day at the beach. My twin ds's 4 were 2 young for the activities on the days I was there. And ds 10 was just plain not interested. If I were to ever do it again I would simply do a weekend there.

It's definately a place to relax. However not so relaxing for mom if you have kids yelling to go, go, go!

thanks for all the info and input from those of you who have already been to VB. I think I'll show this post to my family and then we will decide what to do .......thanks again!

We spent 6 nights at Vero last year and loved it. However, we are pool and beach people. We did find lots to do in the evening in Vero Beach at the mall, we went to a Vero Beach Dodgers game at Dodgertown and that was fun. Also, there are marinas nearby if you would like to charter a boat.

Its good to hear everyone's different input. My kids will be 10 and 12 next summer. We would like to try kayaking and like biking, hiking and day trips. Not that we won't relax at the pool and beach, but its almost like we need one other activity every day to keep everyone happy.

Next month I will call for my ressies and maybe what is available will control how long we stay. We want a 1br and no weekend nights to save points. We are also considering for our orlando part of the trip staying somewhere cheap and just doing our own thing. No disney, just sea world and what ever happens.

In the past we have always done so much planning and scheduling. A few weeks ago we spent a week at BWV with no plans or schedules and had a wonderful time. Should be interesting to see what happens on our next trip. Have only stayed on WDW property whenever in Florida. Thanks again for all the helpful info!!!!

Hi there neighbor! (I am from Royal Oak!) :wave2:

We were at VB for out 1st trip there last May. Sun- Friday. It was a great time. We were not bored at all, but then again it was hubby and I and 3 year old DD (and I was 6 months pregnant.) We really needed a relaxing laid back trip, and then again we like beach and hanging at the pool. There were a lot of activities and we liked exploreing the area. Infact we didn't even go to WDW parks (but we did DTD on the day we flew home.) When DD (3) and I were talking about upcoming trip to WDW in March she was disapointed that we weren't going to "Disney Beach" as she calls it.

We are considering another VB trip this May, but we might only do 3 or 4 nights and then the rest at WDW since we will have an annual pass this year (Yea for the DVC AP discount!) :cool1:

What age do you think is right for the activities at Vero? I'm sure my DS5 would love them, but I'm less certain about my now 3 year old.

My 3 year old loved all the activies. We didn't do all of them we could since sometimes we were napping or resting. We did bubbles on the boardwalk and the unbirthday party. (there is one for 3 and under, and 4 and over.)

We did the campfire twice, DD loved that.

They also had games to check out to play and there was noodles all over the pool, we just floated and played with them.

It was relaxing for the adults, fun for the kids.

DD favorite thing do to was run around the lawn with other kids.

I liked eating really good seafood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter