50s Prime Time Cafe

dejr_8

<font color=CC00FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=33CC
On this trip we (me, DW, DS(5), DS(2)) ate lunch at the 50s Prime Time Cafe.

What a hoot (I think that is a 50s term). What a great time. Our waitress was Jen and she was great. My DS(5) really enjoyed that she was calling me Skippy and telling me not to put my elbows on the table.

The meatloaf was fanatastic - definitely try it if you go.

My son and I were meatloaf devotees until this last trip in November. We had the pot roast and it was FANTASTIC! Give it a try on your next trip.::MickeyMo

Don't forget about their desserts!! Their s'mores are so good they are worth going just for them :teeth:

Hi,

Went there for the first time last May. Great!!! Had the chicken dinner & choclate milkshake. Yummy! I think we'll go there for dinner our 1st night back.

Allison an associate

We have gone before. We had a great time and have made a PS for our next trip. Do they allow sharing? I don't think my two yonger ones could ever eat a whole kids meal?

I love 50s PTC. I don't think you can get anything bad there and the staff is the best.

::MickeyMo

We had a wonderful time there! Every waiter played there act. Ours was quite funny. My daughter hid her green bean so our waiter betend she was a baby and did the cho-cho train to feed her. It was a HOOt. The banana splits were yummy. The chicken pot pie is really good. The fried chicken is really good too.

Oh I always get the turkey sandwich with a chocolate shake. Yummy. Something about potato chips and a milkshake that go so good together. Must be the salt and sweet combo. We've been maybe 10+ times and have always found the service exceptional.

Don't go if you don't like green beans. I love veggies but not green beans. We tried to hide them in the cookie jar but it was glued shut. My husband and I had to stand up in front of everyone and sing "I'm A Little Teapot". We had a great time and will do it again. I love the elbows on the table and when they send you to wash your hands. Too cute.

Fair warning to those who don't think PTC is for them, or aren't quite sure: do yourself a favor and don't go. I am not into this sort of thing and went anyway a couple of years ago, because I was starving, didn't want counter service, and didn't have a PS. It is a MISERABLE experience if you're not a "play along" sort of person.

More power to those of y'all that like it, of course!! I'll just stay happily over at the Brown Derby. ;)

I must agree with MHopkins2. If you are not the type to like people acting like your mom then don't go. We made the mistake of taking my dad there a couple years ago and he was NOT amused. Thank goodness our waitress caught on and left him alone :eek:

I myself love the place and the food though ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter