50's Prime Time question

katypop

DIS Veteran
hi,
we have a ps for 50's prime time in dec for lunch, but also have a ps for CP on the same day for dinner, so we will only want a light lunch. we have never been here before but have read the menu, and seen a lot of good reviews on the fried chicken, meatloaf and stew. has anyone had their sandwiches or salads? are they just as good?
thanks
kathe:D

hi! we were there beginning of sept... we wont go back... the restaurant itself was neat... but our server was not nearly as cool as some of the others... and after reading all the reviews about the meatloaf, pot roast etc... i went with the meatloaf... i truly dont know what all the rage was about!
I saw someone get some type of shrimp fettucine pasta... looked great... and i saw a huge chef salad that looked delicious!
my hub had an open faced sandwich... he said it was good... but when somehting is really good he raves about it... and this time he simply said it was good!
if we were to go again for some reason... i wuold definitely try the salad!
gabby

thanks Gabby for your reply. sorry you didn't have a better experience:( hope we have a better time than you did, we have tried all the other mgm restaurants and a couple of the counter service as well, so i think we will go ahead with this ps , maybe salad is a good way to go:D
kathe

Has anyone had the soup there? We were wondering about soup and salad or soup and sandwiches for lunch on our MGM day. Is it good and does it taste homemade or canned?

Hi myself and DD were there June '03 and I had the ham sandwich which came with chips and a chocolate shake. 2 year old had hot dog. We thought they were excellent and the service was top notch. We tend to eat a bit heavier when we are on vacation so just a sandwich hit the spot. It's our favorite place, enjoy! PS get the menu off www.wdwig.com.

I've had grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. The grilled cheese was HUGE! Three slices of bread and half a dozen of cheese! Holy Smokes! I had ordered that as I wasn't terribly hungry and thought it would be "light"! The soup was OK, but a little too "homestyle" for me, I like my chicken noodle from the Campbells can. But most people would probably love it. I guess I just have weird soup tastes.

I"ve also had a Caesar salad there, with chicken on it. This was several years or more ago, and I"m not sure it's on teh menu anymore, but it was very tasty.

Anne

thanks s&k'smom and ducklite:D i'm feeling better about this lunch after your responses.maybe we'll order a salad each and share a sandwich, that way we could make room for one of those shakes;) i wonder if they mind people sharing meals? ducklite, was that sandwich made with "real" cheese or the processed stuff?
thanks again
kathe

Last time I was there we had a light lunch. My parents split a huge ham sandwich and a banna split. I had a some type of fried cheese appetizer (very tasty) and a root beer float. The server really makes this place happen. It was a blast.

I'm sure as long as you weren't splitting a kids meal they'd have no problem with sharing :)

BTW--The Grilled Cheese isn't on the adult menu (at least it wasn't the time I ordered it) you have to ask for it, but they'll gladly make it. As far as the cheese, it was American, not Velveeta, but the sliced American. I'm pretty sure it was "cheese" as opposed to "Processed cheese food" if tha makes sense.

Anne

Oh Katypop have a chocolate shake for me! Even better if you have them with fries and lots of ketchup. Can you tell I'm in preplanning mod for next years trip!

When we went to 50's Prime Time Cafe DH and I split the fried chicken dinner and they had no problem at all with it. The split it for us in the kitchen and brought it out on two plates. Our waiter though teased us about getting dessert after splitting the meal, but it was all in charictor and really fun. Our favorate dessert there are the Smores...all 4 of us in my family spilt that thing because it is good size.

We eat here on every trip and always enjoy our meal rather it be lunch or dinner. The food is always excellent and the atmosphere is fun. The shakes are to die for as are the smores!!
By the way your name really threw me Kathe as it is the same as mine and I have never seen it spelled that way before other than mine LOL.

that is funny, padisneylover, i have seen it spelled that way before in a newspaper but never met anyone else who did. have you gone through life spelling and "respelling" too only to have people write it down wrong anywayLOL. thanks for all the great reviews everyone:D
s&k'smom, that light lunch is beginning not to sound so light, chocolate shake AND fries LOL.
kathe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter