• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5inch LCD or 9inch TV/VCR

domino

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody,

We are driving down to Disney at the end of July with 2 young children. We are looking into buying either a 5inch LCD monitor with VCR (a funTV) or a 9inch Sylvania TV/VCR combo to keep the children occupied during the drive. The price is not really a factor since the 5inch is on sale right now at Canadian Tire for 396$ Cdn and the 9inch sells for 348$ Cdn + the Steel Horse support for approx. 80$ Cdn. What we are questioning is the quality of the image one versus the other, 5inch being (for my husband point of view) a lot smaller than 9inch. The sales clerk at Canadian Tire told us that the 5inch being a LCD screen projects a better and clearer image than the 9inch TV and gives you the impression of watching the equivalent of a 13inch TV. But it is not a TV hence you use it only in the car.

Help can somebody help us make a decision!!!

We bought a new Expedition with the 5 inch LCD and it is awesome. The picture is crisp and clear and plenty big enough to be seen from the third row seats. You won't be dissappointed with the picture quality - that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter