7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

we have an awesome little camera that does underwater AND awesome video..its a Sony and cost about $300.....regular size pocket camera.....and battery life is fantastic as well....:worship:

PS my friend used her's at radiohead concerts and the sound/video quality is amazing

We're having 3 days in Orlando when we get in, just killing time really.
Shopping, Kennedy Space Centre and ?? LOL
Have found some accom that is mostly rated good, is a great price and the resort looks amazing :hyper:
I'm just in two minds, think there must be something wrong with it because the price is too good.
Hyatt Orlando Grand Cypress, thoughts?

Stay there all the time, nice resort effectively next to Downtown Disney. Good collection of fast food type place down the street.

Be aware they charge a resort fee for each day of your stay - it covers self parking and use of the resort facilities.

Matt

Stay there all the time, nice resort effectively next to Downtown Disney. Good collection of fast food type place down the street.

Be aware they charge a resort fee for each day of your stay - it covers self parking and use of the resort facilities.

Matt

Thanks Matt, it's between two now Hilton Bonnet Creek and Hyatt Grand Cypress, Hilton is cheaper (taking into account resort fees and parking) and has great reviews, just worried it's too close to Disney, but then we could maybe head to DTD for a taste :rolleyes1

Thanks Matt, it's between two now Hilton Bonnet Creek and Hyatt Grand Cypress, Hilton is cheaper (taking into account resort fees and parking) and has great reviews, just worried it's too close to Disney, but then we could maybe head to DTD for a taste :rolleyes1

I have stayed at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek as well, it too is a very nice hotel, with most of the same amenities as the Hyatt. Beaware though that the Hilton (and the Waldorf, and the Wyndham) are pretty much on property, you will have to drive through Disney to get out anywhere, whereas the Hyatt is around the corner (you can see Illuminations from half of the rooms) so is kind of easier to get out of to the rest of Orlando.

You should also check rates at the Waldorf Astoria at Bonnet Creek - often they run very close to the Hilton, it's a beautiful hotel (we had dinner at Bull and Bear the other night and it was amazing), Guests at the Waldorf can use the more kid friendly pool at the Hilton, but the guest at the Hilton can't use the facilities at the Waldorf (The hotels are connected by a corridor through the shared convention space).

If you stay at the Hyatt make sure you join the Hyatt Gold Passport Program, or the Hilton/Waldorf the Hilton HHonors program.

Matt

I have stayed at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek as well, it too is a very nice hotel, with most of the same amenities as the Hyatt. Beaware though that the Hilton (and the Waldorf, and the Wyndham) are pretty much on property, you will have to drive through Disney to get out anywhere, whereas the Hyatt is around the corner (you can see Illuminations from half of the rooms) so is kind of easier to get out of to the rest of Orlando.

You should also check rates at the Waldorf Astoria at Bonnet Creek - often they run very close to the Hilton, it's a beautiful hotel (we had dinner at Bull and Bear the other night and it was amazing), Guests at the Waldorf can use the more kid friendly pool at the Hilton, but the guest at the Hilton can't use the facilities at the Waldorf (The hotels are connected by a corridor through the shared convention space).

If you stay at the Hyatt make sure you join the Hyatt Gold Passport Program, or the Hilton/Waldorf the Hilton HHonors program.

Matt
Thanks Matt, the Hilton is talking to me more LOL
So many hotels to choose from, makes the decision so hard :surfweb:

I found some cheaper close to Universal, but i'm not sure if we're even going to go there, in Orlando we want to do some shopping and go to Kennedy Space centre.

Excited!

Just made the final payment on the cruise just now!

Will free up some $ :hyper:

After flipping around like a goldfish out of water I bit the bullet and booked some accommodation.

I booked Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek for $346AUD for 3 nights, I know there will be extra charges for car parking and incidentals (golf anybody?) but my DH had a look and gave me the signed off signal :lmao:
It looks pretty amazing and the lazy river will be awesome :goodvibes

So now the cruise is paid, some accom is paid, just need to book NYC :scared1::laughing: accom and LA/Anaheim (Grand Cali I hope). I'd love a pincode for October please Walt? :worship:

It's all coming together, DS now knows about it and is dying to get picked for Star Wars training academy (tips please), but the cruise is being kept secret.

After flipping around like a goldfish out of water I bit the bullet and booked some accommodation.

I booked Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek for $346AUD for 3 nights, I know there will be extra charges for car parking and incidentals (golf anybody?) but my DH had a look and gave me the signed off signal :lmao:

So now the cruise is paid, some accom is paid, just need to book NYC :scared1::laughing: accom and LA/Anaheim (Grand Cali I hope). I'd love a pincode for October please Walt? :worship:

It's all coming together, DS now knows about it and is dying to get picked for Star Wars training academy (tips please), but the cruise is being kept secret.

Congratulations! Bonnet Creek is supposed to be really nice.

DS has been picked 3 times for the Training Academy at DLR.

The first time was when he was 7. It was a slow day at DL and not a lot of kids were present. So the chances of him being picked were really 100%.

The second time was when he was 9. He got picked 2 days in a row.
DS wore a Star Wars T-shirt (we specially got a Disney related one for him) and we told him to jump up and down and act crazy.

We also lined up early so that he was pretty much right at the front.
Not sure about the set up at DHS but at DLR, the parents are allowed to stand behind the kids.

As DS was jumping up and down, I was putting on my best pleading look and also frantically pointing to DS...and I mean frantically!! His cousins, who were standing nearby, missed out. My DBrother was just shaking his head at me. You can imagine who was shaking their head when his kids were upset at not being picked. :sad2:

The next day, DS was not wearing any Disney or Star Wars shirts. But DBrother and I were standing right behind him and his cousins. All 3 kids got picked...because we were literally jumping up and down and pointing to our kids.
I've seen people come with signs???

We tried to get our kids picked at DL in 2009, we made signs before leaving for the US with cute sayings on them etc. Unfortunately they didn't get picked. It was a jam packed day and there were so many other people there, it really was pot luck as to who got picked I think.

Becpee - there are tons of threads on the main board about strategies for being picked.

We are going to NYC in late September and I still have not booked accommodation either. I cannot decide between the Marriott Times Square as I have stayed there before and it was fantastic! They even have their own Starbucks and the location is fantastic. The other hotel I am tossing up with is Double Tree Guest Suites as everyone on here seems to love it there!!

My nephew who was 4 was also desperate to be chosen for the Star Wars training academy when we went in September 2010. We got there a good half an hour early (just as the last show was finishing) and he sat and waited at the very front. He had also just brought a light saver so when they chose people he jumped up and down with his light saber. He got chosen first. Just tell your little boy to be very loud and try to get their early so he is at the front. It also helps if he is wearing or has something Star Wars related they seemed to choose all the kids that had Star Wars shirts on etc.

So tonight DH was sitting there examining our hotel choice and reeling off the praises listed for the golf course :goodvibes

Good choice!
He was even examining the menu's for the restaurants...:thumbsup2

Another morning surfing the web :thumbsup2

Loving my lazy days, too cold to do anything

This is what i'm dreaming of :beach:

I booked Ramada inn at Anaheim for our DL stint, great rate, breakfast inc, walk to the park, just been refurbed and the reviews are good :thumbsup2
Also no charge for parking if we decide to hire a car :drive:

I should get motivated and do something...

or not :joker:

good to see you are finalising things......

i wish i was by the pool.....cocktail in hand:beach:

Karen :beach: tell me about it LOL

Flu sounds very nasty, I spent the day at home (in bed :goodvibes) dodging sick people by the sounds of it.

If I stay home I don't spend money and I don't come across sick people, win/win.

I also have sent an email to cancel the Ramada Maingate because I found (on Webjet yet again) another great deal, $380 for 3 nights inc tax at the Fairfield Inn, saved about $80 by doing it :goodvibes

I also have sent an email to cancel the Ramada Maingate because I found (on Webjet yet again) another great deal, $380 for 3 nights inc tax at the Fairfield Inn, saved about $80 by doing it :goodvibes

Becpee, I was about to send a post saying congrats on your booking the Ramada and then I read this one! Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with your hotel. We've stayed at both and thought they were both fine :)

You'll be so close to the park, that's a real bonus :thumbsup2

And just sending a get-well wish to all the sick ones on the board. This flu sounds like a real shocker :sad2: Hope you are all feeling MUCH better very soon.

Andona

Becpee, I was about to send a post saying congrats on your booking the Ramada and then I read this one! Either way, I'm sure you'll be happy with your hotel. We've stayed at both and thought they were both fine :)

You'll be so close to the park, that's a real bonus :thumbsup2

And just sending a get-well wish to all the sick ones on the board. This flu sounds like a real shocker :sad2: Hope you are all feeling MUCH better very soon.

Andona

Thanks Andona :goodvibes
I know the locations are pretty much of a muchness, being so close is a real plus, I would have loved to have stayed at Grand Cali but New York has wiped out that budget, oh well, you can't have everything LOL

Now hoping I'll hit the jackpot with some NYC accom, thinking I may even use Hotwire but I'm going to wait a little bit before I book anything unless I get an amazing deal ;)

It's getting closer...and I have bills coming out of my beehind :rolleyes1

Thanks Andona :goodvibes
I know the locations are pretty much of a muchness, being so close is a real plus, I would have loved to have stayed at Grand Cali but New York has wiped out that budget, oh well, you can't have everything LOL

Now hoping I'll hit the jackpot with some NYC accom, thinking I may even use Hotwire but I'm going to wait a little bit before I book anything unless I get an amazing deal ;)

It's getting closer...and I have bills coming out of my beehind :rolleyes1

congrats on booking your disney accom - nyc accom was hard for us to book and we waited til kinda last minute to book ours... it's hard paying such huge rates for places that would be only 1/2 that in any other location :) hope you find an amazing deal :)

Loving this PTR:thumbsup2

At WDW I think the Jedi training academy is more organised, in the morning you queue up and they take the first 10 for the first show the second 10 for the second show and so on. In busy times it's suggested you go straight to the queue at rope drop, the children must be with the adult to sign up. It makes it a tough choice between Jedi and Toy Storiy Mania - unless you have two days then you can do one each day.

I have researched it quite a lot because my husband is a Star Wars nut so my girls love it too. The other day I was helping out in the classroom and they were playing a miming game. One girl was miming throwing a ball and my 6 year old asked if it was a 'force push':lmao:

We are not going to DL so I haven't looked into the training academy there at all..

And my tip for NY accommodation? Pick your hotel, pay and then never talk about it again.:rotfl2:

Loving this PTR:thumbsup2

At WDW I think the Jedi training academy is more organised, in the morning you queue up and they take the first 10 for the first show the second 10 for the second show and so on. In busy times it's suggested you go straight to the queue at rope drop, the children must be with the adult to sign up. It makes it a tough choice between Jedi and Toy Storiy Mania - unless you have two days then you can do one each day.

I have researched it quite a lot because my husband is a Star Wars nut so my girls love it too. The other day I was helping out in the classroom and they were playing a miming game. One girl was miming throwing a ball and my 6 year old asked if it was a 'force push':lmao:

We are not going to DL so I haven't looked into the training academy there at all..

And my tip for NY accommodation? Pick your hotel, pay and then never talk about it again.:rotfl2:

I'm laughing at the part I bolded there, because i'm like :scared1: although comparing it to the same sort of thing here in Melbourne, it's comparable by price and standard.

Jedi training academy, it's all we're hearing about at home now... 4 months of this people!
Luckily we're at WDW for 9 days, so we'll be able to have a few goes at trying :thumbsup2
I have a confession to make, I have never watched a Star Wars movie :rolleyes1 and i'm not about to start now :lmao:

New York, very close to Hotwiring our accom (like right now!) and leaving it at that LOL
I have been researching and found what I think to be Doubletree Suites at Times Square for $1691 for 4 nights, actually not too steep for this NYC location...:crazy2:

Book or not? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter