• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8:15 Dinner Res at The Plaza...

MsGlassSlipper

Mouseketeer
My husband and I planned a fairly last minute trip, and will be in the Magic Kingdom this coming Friday night. We'd like to try the Plaza for dinner, but with an 8:15 reservation, is there any chance we'll be done by the time fireworks start at 9:00? If not, do they let you step onto the patio to watch fireworks and then come back to your table? Also, I'm guessing they don't do fireworks twice in a night these days, right? This will be our first trip since Happily Ever After started, and even if we don't have a perfect view, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!
:tinker:

...8:15 reservation, is there any chance we'll be done by the time fireworks start at 9:00?

If not, do they let you step onto the patio to watch fireworks and then come back to your table?

Also, I'm guessing they don't do fireworks twice in a night these days, right?

Possibly. Can you go ahead and arrive earlier than your reservation time to check-in, if they seat you even 15 minutes earlier that would help.
Can you reschedule for earlier? You should tell your server right away that you would like to see the fireworks. I've never left my table mid-meal, unless someone elects to stay, so I'm not sure about that.

You could also ask your server to settle your bill earlier and bring you any boxes or anything you need as well.

HEA Fireworks are just once for the evening.

Is this going to be your only opportunity to see the fireworks?

Possibly. Can you go ahead and arrive earlier than your reservation time to check-in, if they seat you even 15 minutes earlier that would help.
Can you reschedule for earlier? You should tell your server right away that you would like to see the fireworks. I've never left my table mid-meal, unless someone elects to stay, so I'm not sure about that.

You could also ask your server to settle your bill earlier and bring you any boxes or anything you need as well.

HEA Fireworks are just once for the evening.

Is this going to be your only opportunity to see the fireworks?
Thanks for your reply! Yes, likely our only opportunity this trip- slight chance we could see another night but would have to be from outside the park since we don’t have park hoppers this trip. I’m sure we’ll be back in another year or two with a better planned trip- this was a hastily planned getaway so everything we get to see and do is really a bonus. I’ve been checking a lot and haven’t seen an earlier adr come up, but will continue to look. But I also wondered if we arrived 15 minutes early or so, could we swing it better. And good tip about telling the server we want to see fireworks- hopefully that’ll help!

Thanks for your reply! Yes, likely our only opportunity this trip- slight chance we could see another night but would have to be from outside the park since we don’t have park hoppers this trip. I’m sure we’ll be back in another year or two with a better planned trip- this was a hastily planned getaway so everything we get to see and do is really a bonus. I’ve been checking a lot and haven’t seen an earlier adr come up, but will continue to look. But I also wondered if we arrived 15 minutes early or so,
could we swing it better. And good tip about telling the server we want to see fireworks- hopefully that’ll help!

Keep an eye out, you may get something earlier. We planned a last minute trip in April (booked 8 days prior to leaving) and all I was able to find at the Plaza was 8:30 or later...until about 2 days out and I snagged a 6:30pm (and it was a busy day/Saturday). That being said, they were running a bit behind when we got there and the service was slow- so while every day is different, I wouldn't count on it being a quick dinner, anyway. I'd check on and off until you go and hopefully you'll get lucky and get an earlier slot. :)

Keep an eye out, you may get something earlier. We planned a last minute trip in April (booked 8 days prior to leaving) and all I was able to find at the Plaza was 8:30 or later...until about 2 days out and I snagged a 6:30pm (and it was a busy day/Saturday). That being said, they were running a bit behind when we got there and the service was slow- so while every day is different, I wouldn't count on it being a quick dinner, anyway. I'd check on and off until you go and hopefully you'll get lucky and get an earlier slot. :)
Well, sure enough, I was sitting waiting for my adr at Chefs de France, checked the app, and snagged a 6:50, which fits our plans perfectly!

Now if only I’d had such luck with Flight of Passage... oh well, guess a girl’s gotta rope drop once in a blue moon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter