8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popping in to say "hi" to everyone. As usual, I am always 50 or so pages behind.

Andy and Todd: so sorry for your respective losses. My thoughts are with you both. Andy, In what capacity did Tanya work? I'm trying to recollect if she is someone I may have encountered during one of my cruises.

Sk8ingmom: I simply LOVE the photos you post of Alaska. We were there 2 years ago and it is truly breathtaking. Do you have a link to an album? I ask this because it is so hard for me to keep up and I often just skip pages. I would hate to miss any of your photos.

i booked excursions this morning for our Med cruise....it went fairly well and i was able to get everything I wanted.

Tanya worked in the DCL Terminal, she was the CM that checked us in during our first cruise back in August 2003. We became good friends, she also read the DISboards quite often, but never posted as far as I know.

Lois thanks for sharing your story. I can relate as I suffer from alot of the same issues as you and for alot of similar reasons. You sound like you've got your head around the whole thing and are recovering well. I wish you nothing but strenght and happiness my friend :grouphug:

Your Welcome. I always felt that my pain would be worth it if it could just benefit one other person. My ability to be open with my struggles has allowed me (I'm sure) to help others. Lois

1. Martini Tasting
2. Wine Package
3. Jello Shots
4. Deck 7
5. Wine Tasting
6. Margarita Swimming Excursion
7. Hang out with O'Blender
8. Conch Coolers
9. Drink of the Day . . .

Ooh! An activity list!!

I know this was from earlier..BUT...I thought my mom made up Omar!!!!

Who knew other people know of him as well!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Chrissie

Unfortunately Chrissie your Mom did not make Omar up! He does exist and I'm all too familiar with him. His line sells like Hot Cakes at Lane Bryant! :lmao:

O'BWV and kab407: Our oldest and dearest friends live in East Brunswick. We raised our family in Tenafly which is in Bergen county. Been in NC for 8 years now and am loving it. No more smelly turnpike!

I would be afraid it would be postponed also and then it would be no fun trying to squeeze into another trip. Does anyone know if the Magic or Wonder was postponed?

The Magic was postponed several weeks. We sailed it in August 1998 and ended up being on the 6th sailing in the 3rd week (they were doing 3/4 day cruises then). The maiden voyage ended up being the last week in July, but it had been scheduled to start much earlier. Those that wanted to be on that voyage had to keep changing their travel plans as it kept getting postponed.

We had a lot of air conditioning problems on our cruise, especially because all the doors to the decks were automatic - they opened if you walked by, so the hot air would get sucked in every time someone walked past the doors. Our cabin could not get cool enough to be really comfortable. We still had a blast, but would not want to be on a maiden voyage.

Denise :)

1. Martini Tasting
2. Wine Package
3. Jello Shots
4. Deck 7
5. Wine Tasting
6. Margarita Swimming Excursion
7. Hang out with O'Blender
8. Conch Coolers
9. Drink of the Day . . .

Sounds like a fun way though! Except for #3

Never arrested but here is a story DH doesn't know...

When I was 19 my friend and I were busted for buying the other tobacco. I was never so scared in my life - we made the purchase and had driven about three or four blocks (I was driving) and were at a stop light when it seemed like every detective in Queens was surrounding my car with spotlights trained on the car. They ripped my car door open and pulled me out (wasn't wearing a seatbelt) and asked me where the stuff was. As I didn't have and didn't make the purchase my friend was issued an appearance ticket. Before letting us go, one of the detectives told us to find a new source as this guy was going down in the next few days.

Oh Lorri, so I guess you were scared straight :rotfl:

My DH is giving me his permission to post his scandalous arrest! Hint, hint DH has a Federal Record :scared1: :scared1:

The Magic was postponed several weeks. We sailed it in August 1998 and ended up being on the 6th sailing in the 3rd week (they were doing 3/4 day cruises then). The maiden voyage ended up being the last week in July, but it had been scheduled to start much earlier. Those that wanted to be on that voyage had to keep changing their travel plans as it kept getting postponed.

We had a lot of air conditioning problems on our cruise, especially because all the doors to the decks were automatic - they opened if you walked by, so the hot air would get sucked in every time someone walked past the doors. Our cabin could not get cool enough to be really comfortable. We still had a blast, but would not want to be on a maiden voyage.

Hiya Denise! How ya been friend?

Oh no. that means we'll be getting it in a few hours.

The Weather Channel reported we are in a Winter Strom Warning until 11am Monday morning, with sn*w, sleet and freezing rain. YUCK!!!!! :sad2:

I guess it's apropriate that I'm watching Blazing Saddles while we swap arrest stories.:lmao:

i am glad that you still enjoyed your first magic sailing

jeanneg Which ones??? I am off on the 07/28 11 night one!

I've been to many of the ports before so the excursions we chose are not necessarily the main attractions:

Barcelona: on our own
Palermo: Sights of Palermo
Naples: Magnificent Naples (with chocolate pizza!)
Olbia: Moon Valley
Rome: Italian Countryside and Catacombs
La Spezia: Sarzana Wine tasting
Marseilles: Palace of the Popes and Les Baux
Villefranche: Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze

The Weather Channel reported we are in a Winter Strom Warning until 11am Monday morning, with sn*w, sleet and freezing rain. YUCK!!!!! :sad2:

I checked weather.com earlier and no warning but 1-3 inches predicted for tomorrow morning. My guess is if you are getting it now we'll have it by dark and the forecast will change.

Oh Lorri, so I guess you were scared straight :rotfl:

My DH is giving me his permission to post his scandalous arrest! Hint, hint DH has a Federal Record :scared1: :scared1:

we are waiting.......

I've been to many of the ports before so the excursions we chose are not necessarily the main attractions:

These sound great! Say hello to my relatives in Naples for me!

Sounds like you are in for a lovely vacation.

Great choices hope you enjoy, please post back here or PM me when you post about the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter