9/6-9/10 trip, the goal was 0 minutes in line, and the only thing cool was the crowd size

carrie_rn

Earning My Ears
It was just me and my husband, we're in our 30s. Short trip - 4 nights, 3 park days total. We drove because we are crazy and also I have family in Florida so I wanted the flexibility. We also split the drive up a bit.

My goal for this trip was no lines. We went last year before they brought back any kind of lightning lane, and I discovered I have zero line tolerance. So I absolutely splurged on ILL and G+, even when I knew for most people the crowds wouldn't warrant it.

Checked in on Tuesday at CSR. Preferred room in the Casitas 3! Did some Disney Springs stuff that night. Mainly just shopping and eating snacks.

Wednesday, we rope dropped AK. Got to the bus stop before 6:30 (I think we were just pumped and going off adrenaline). Walked onto Flight of Passage, went to Dinosaur, did Gorilla Falls and Jungle Trek, Safaris (booked with G+), did a character lunch at Tuskers, walked on to Tough to be a Bug. TBH I was more excited to see the animals than anything else. We left the park probably around 1pm. Bussed back to Coronado and went swimming in the quiet pool. I started "stacking" for our hop to MK. I paid for the ILL for 7 dwarfs and got G+ for HM.

We hopped to MK. We probably got there around 3:30pm. We got onto HM. There was a lot of lightning so most outdoor rides stayed closed for a couple hours, so standby lines for everything else got long. I started booking for our next G+ rides. We got Space Mountain, Pirates, Under the Sea, watched Country Bears, Buzz Lightyear - all basically within 3ish hours. We got a quick service and then did 7 Dwarfs and got out of MK before 7:30.

As we were leaving MK, my husband really wanted to ride the monorail, so we made a last minute hop to Epcot. We got on Spaceship Earth and then did a couple small bites at Food and Wine. We probably got back to the hotel after 10pm. I do not recommend 3 parks in one day. We were pooped.

Thursday we rope dropped HS. Got free Disney+ day swag and we got into the park an hour early. This meant we got to the bus stop super early (around 6:30am) too. We booked an ILL for RotR and a G+ for Slinky while on the bus. Both return times were before 12 so it was perfect because we were going to hop after lunch. We rope dropped Minnie and Mickey and then walked onto Smugglers Run, got a Ronto Wrap, RotR, Muppets, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, and then finally Slinky Dog. We left after 12, ended up swimming and then just snacking in the hotel room. I got a late G+ for Remy (I think around 5pm or 6pm) while we were in HS.

We hopped a little later to Epcot, maybe around 2 or 3. Mostly just did food and wine. Did the Remy scavenger hunt, got rained on a whole lot. Did Gran Fiesta and Remy, and then went back to the hotel.

Friday we chilled at the pool and went to Disney Springs. Hit up Jock's Hangar Bar, Gideons, and some shops. Went back to the pool.

Saturday we went back to Epcot, NO rope drop this time. Met up with some family that day. Got a G+ for Test Track first thing that morning, probably got on around 9:30. Also did some "genie slots" and got Remy while in line for Test Track and paid for ILL for Guardians. We ended up riding Figment, Living with the Land, Gran Fiesta and Soarin that day as well. We left the park around 3pm.

This was a 3 day Disney sprint, low crowds, go hard on the G+ and ILL. All in all the longest we waited for anything was waiting for the rope to drop, and we had to wait about 15 minutes to get on Living with the Land. There were also very short waits for 7 dwarfs and getting through the RotR queue. It was hot. We did cooling fans that had the neck lanyards and cooling towels. We stayed pretty comfortable and hydrated.

We did eat at Three Bridges and at Maya Grill, they were alright, I think it all depends on the dish you order. We cancelled our Toledo's reservation just because it wasn't going to be worth it for us. We did hang out at Dahlia's at the top. Beautiful views. Great drinks everywhere.

Aaaaaand we're already planning our next visit. Would like to keep the budget a bit lower this time, so we will probably go with Pop (we really wanted to try the skyliner).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter