9 year old chronic pain in Disneyland.

I'm glad that you found the DAS system helpful on your WDW trip. However, as stated in the links posted above (post #13), no doctor's note will be asked for or accepted when applying for a DAS at Disney. DAS is not based on medical diagnosis. And, as stated by a pp, DAS is not usually given for mobility issues that can be resolved with a mobility device, which is what it sounds like the OP is describing here. If there is more to the OP's situation, she can discuss this with CMs at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce, if needed.

Yes, while I have a different diagnosis than the OP's daughter, her concerns seem similar to mine. I was worried about not being given the DAS and being told to get a wheelchair after doing a lot of research on it, which wouldn't have been what I needed, since I need to be able to stretch out my legs and not keep them in the bent position. The DAS gave me more freedom to do that. So I brought along the doctor's note as backup if it was needed, based on advice I was given in the DISabilities board. Thankfully it wasn't, but of course it doesn't hurt to have it with you. I know how much pain can impact a trip, unfortunately. I was also given the advice to try on a different day or different Guest Services if I got tried the first time. I'm only sharing my experience. :-) Thanks for your links on the more detailed information. But it also never hurts to be extra prepared in a situation like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter