~ A 21 month old, a celebrity sighting, & a whole lotta food~2 week trip~ 2/28 update

I've been reading your trip report, but I have never posted a reply! It looks like you had an amazing time!

Your Christmas tree with all of the Disney ornaments is adorable! I love the ornament you got Dylan, what special memories it will hold for you family

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!:santa:

Alison, I I LOVE your tree, the ornaments are so nice.
I have many diz ornaments on my tree as well from
all our fabulous trips to the world. Actually my friend
just gave me one for my birthday, its tinkerbell in a globe
and it lights up and changes colors, sooo pretty.
I really enjoyed your latest post about dylan's christmas.
Its all about the lit'l ones! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!:santa:
ENJOY him, blink your eyes and they're grown!!!

...but then it became all about playing with the box that it came in. Isn’t that what it always comes down to? My mom said she was just going to get him a big refrigerator box for Christmas. I’m sure he would have been totally happy with it too!

When my niece was about 18 months old she LOVED laundry baskets for her grandma got her one for Christmas that year

ry%3D480

I got my parents the same ornament but in sliver when I went back in 2005... It's still one of my favorites I've ever picked out!

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas, Alison!! :santa: I just LOVE your Disney tree!! This year I started collecting a bunch of Disney ornaments so we can start a Disney tree next year. I even bought the Tinkerbell tree topper from the Disney Store once it went on clearance!! It's neat how so many of yours have stories behind them! And I just LOVE your Poly ornament!! :lovestruc

Love your trip report! I want to take my son when he is 18 months old next December, so I appreciate the insight.

I love the post on your Disney tree! We have a lot of Disney ornaments and traditions with our tree as well and also have the Tinkerbell topper. DD loves the topper since it changes colors when we turn it on. I hear you about the lopsided tree! We tried to do the same thing and out the fragile ornaments on top and more durable ones on the bottom.....but what ended up happening was DD kept taking all the ornaments off the tree and putting them on "her little tree" (aka an ornament stand nearby). It was cute to watch. Hope you had a fabulous time with your family over the holidays! question - how do you keep your house so immaculate with a toddler? DD's toys are everywhere!

I have sepnt all morning reading your trip report and it has made me chuckle quite a few times. To be honest this is the first trip report that I have read in its entirety. thank you so much for letting us tour disney with you and your beautiful family.

Hi, I've been lurking on your trip report for quite awhile now :surfweb:, but just signed up as a member a few days ago. So, just wanted to let you know that I love your TR! It's well-written, great pictures, and Dylan is so adorable it makes me wish we had a 21-month-old to bring! Looking forward to hearing about your T-Day Disneyland trip too!

Hi everyone. I am hanging my head in shame for how long it has been since I have been on the Dis. The holidays took over my life, and then I made the mistake of getting Facebook. That became a small addiction for a couple of weeks, but I am getting over it now. ;) I apologize for how long it has been since I've done an update. I am going to make an effort to wrap up this TR and then get started on my Disneyland TR from Thanksgiving.

Thank you so much for sticking with me and for all of your comments. Hopefully I will have an update soon.

Alison :flower3:

I've been reading your trip report, but I have never posted a reply! It looks like you had an amazing time!

Your Christmas tree with all of the Disney ornaments is adorable! I love the ornament you got Dylan, what special memories it will hold for you family

I hope you have a Merry Christmas!:santa:

Welcome and thank you so much for commenting. I love our Christmas tree and Dylan's new ornament was front & center this year. The only problem is that it becomes easy to overspend on ornaments since they "go w/ our Disney theme." ;) I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!

Alison, I I LOVE your tree, the ornaments are so nice.
I have many diz ornaments on my tree as well from
all our fabulous trips to the world. Actually my friend
just gave me one for my birthday, its tinkerbell in a globe
and it lights up and changes colors, sooo pretty.
I really enjoyed your latest post about dylan's christmas.
Its all about the lit'l ones! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!:santa:
ENJOY him, blink your eyes and they're grown!!!

Your tinkerbell ornament sounds so fun. We don't have any that light up or change color.....now that you mention it, we might have to fix that!

When my niece was about 18 months old she LOVED laundry baskets for her grandma got her one for Christmas that year

I got my parents the same ornament but in sliver when I went back in 2005... It's still one of my favorites I've ever picked out!

We have that star in a couple of different colors. I love it too. Even better, it's not breakable so it was down lower on the tree this year because it was one that Dylan could touch.

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas, Alison!! :santa: I just LOVE your Disney tree!! This year I started collecting a bunch of Disney ornaments so we can start a Disney tree next year. I even bought the Tinkerbell tree topper from the Disney Store once it went on clearance!! It's neat how so many of yours have stories behind them! And I just LOVE your Poly ornament!! :lovestruc

Hi Becky! The Poly ornament is a favorite for us too, even though it is so simple. Good for you for starting a Disney tree. I think every house needs one. :laughing: Be warned that it becomes addictive though. I love that we have stories for our ornaments too. One of my favorite nights of the whole year is when we decorate our tree as a family.

Love your trip report! I want to take my son when he is 18 months old next December, so I appreciate the insight.

Thanks so much! I am so happy that you find my TR helpful. That was my goal was to not only remember it, but to help out other moms with little ones. I could not find many TRs with small children, so it has been fun to write it from that angle.

I love the post on your Disney tree! We have a lot of Disney ornaments and traditions with our tree as well and also have the Tinkerbell topper. DD loves the topper since it changes colors when we turn it on. I hear you about the lopsided tree! We tried to do the same thing and out the fragile ornaments on top and more durable ones on the bottom.....but what ended up happening was DD kept taking all the ornaments off the tree and putting them on "her little tree" (aka an ornament stand nearby). It was cute to watch. Hope you had a fabulous time with your family over the holidays! question - how do you keep your house so immaculate with a toddler? DD's toys are everywhere!

That tree topper sounds great. Every year I find a new Disney tree topper that I want, but I am trying to stick with the one we have since we don't technically need a new one. So cute that your DD has her own little tree. That's a good idea for next year with Dylan.

I almost laughed out loud when I saw your "immaculate house" comment. Thank you for the compliment because it made my day. But you have not seen the rest of my house!! The room w/ our Christmas tree is an addition we built on when we found out I was pregnant with Dylan. That room stays clean but his toys are all over the family room. We try to contain his toys to that room but it doesn't always work.

I have sepnt all morning reading your trip report and it has made me chuckle quite a few times. To be honest this is the first trip report that I have read in its entirety. thank you so much for letting us tour disney with you and your beautiful family.

Wow! That is quite a compliment. Thank you so much for reading and for letting me know that you enjoyed it. I have had a wonderful time writing it and it has been fun getting to know all of the great people here on the Dis. The whole process has been very rewarding. Thank you again!

I hope you and your family had a very, very merry Christmas!:santa: Your Disney tree is truly adorable.:goodvibes

Hi there! Thank you so much and I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas as well.

Happy New Year, Alison!! :goodvibes

Thank you Becky. Same to you!

Hi, I've been lurking on your trip report for quite awhile now :surfweb:, but just signed up as a member a few days ago. So, just wanted to let you know that I love your TR! It's well-written, great pictures, and Dylan is so adorable it makes me wish we had a 21-month-old to bring! Looking forward to hearing about your T-Day Disneyland trip too!

Welcome!! Thank you for reading. You made me laugh when you said you wish you had a toddler to bring with you. He is a lot of fun and every day that he gets older, he gets more entertaining. HOpefully I will be starting my Disneyland TR soon.

I promise that I will be doing a regular update soon. Here are some pictures of our Christmas holiday. We spent a lot of time with my family this year, some of the time was at my mom’s house and some of it at ours. We also went to a King’s game, which was a lot of fun.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday with their families.

Alison

Dylan at my mom’s house. Look how tall he is getting!

ry%3D480

Bowling with the whole family.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Early Christmas w/ my grandparents. Dylan likes his Cars jacket.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The King’s game vs the Cavs

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After the game, they let the little kids try to shoot a basket. So cute!

ry%3D480

Meeting up w/ Todd’s cousin after the game.

ry%3D480

Dylan wasn’t cooperating…

ry%3D480

Christmas eve. Looking at Christmas lights.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Our house.

ry%3D480

Christmas morning watching the Disney parade.

ry%3D480

Can you tell he is excited?

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Most of my family came over on Christmas day in the afternoon. It was nice to have the morning to ourselves and then all of the family over later.

ry%3D480

Dylan thinks his big cousin is pretty cool after he showed him how to use the drumsticks.

ry%3D480

Showing everyone the Sundial Bridge, which is near our house.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

My sister’s family

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

So Glad your back!!!! You sis and you look so much alike!
Enjoyed all the pics...holidays are such fun with lit'l ones,
glad dylan enjoyed it all!!!:goodvibes
ps: love your house!

So Glad your back!!!! You sis and you look so much alike!
Enjoyed all the pics...holidays are such fun with lit'l ones,
glad dylan enjoyed it all!!!:goodvibes
ps: love your house!

Hi there! Everyone on my side of the family looks alike. I even think that my parents kind of look alike, so all of us siblings look similar.

We really enjoyed the holidays. It was nice to have people coming here so that it put pressure on us to decorate, etc. I hope your holidays were wonderful as well. :goodvibes

Our holidays were nice, thank you!
They just flew by as always and now
we are into the cold month of january!
I noticed in your pics you are wearing
coats, how cold does it get in N. Ca?
Guess I always think of Ca as being warm
all year! I hear the sunshine state has been
very cold, today it was 28degrees! Yikes!!

Awwww, Dylan is just SO SO SO cute! :goodvibes I can't say that enough. I think he and my little guy would get along great. :)

Alison!! Hi!!! Sooo glad you're back on the DIS!! Yep--FB can be VERY addicting right after you join! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful Christmas!! We got your precious Christmas card--thank you!! Off to find you on FB!! :goodvibes

Great Christmas photos, thank you for sharing them. I hope your family enjoyed the holidays. :hug:

What a beautiful little family.:goodvibes You look like you all had a very nice Christmas. I agree, getting to be at home with your immediate family on Christmas morning is the best. Would you believe this is the FIRST year we've ever had that?!:scared1:

Can't wait to read the next update, but I'm fully aware of how life can get in the way of the Dis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter