A couple more newbie questions

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
As I have prefaced my recent questions, I've been to WDW at least 150 times, but never have I been to DL. That changes in 8 days. So, here are a couple more questions.

What is Disneylands general rope drop procedure? For Friday, May 27th, opening is at 9am. Should I expect turnstiles to start spinning at 8:30, closer to 9, earlier than that? Then, do they rope at the hub? Or, when the turnstiles open, so do the attractions?

Thanks again.

Depends on which park...we have never seen them open the turnstiles to DL before actual opening time (ie, when turnstiles open, park is open), but DCA has let us in about 1/2 hour before opening to the sunshine pavillion area only and then ropedrop at 10 (open time).

In December last year we turned up at 8:30 for a 9Am opening (because we had reservations for a Princess Breakfast and were surprised to see them opening the turnstiles at that time.

It began with a countdown and then at 08:30, they opened the gates. People were allowed up to the top of Main Street where a rope blocked further access to the parks (all the rides are beyond this point).

So you could enter the park at 8:30 but access to the ride area was then controlled by a rope drop at 9.

We were there at the end of April, and we were let into Main St at 8:30 for 9:am park opening. All of Main st and the Main St restaurants were open, and the rope was dropped at the end of the shops at the hub. Have fun!

Main street always opens 30 minutes before the rest of the park. OK I shouldn't use the word always, generally that is how it is done. I have seen them open the park early (beyond Main Street), but it is fairly rare. I have also seen openings where not all lands were opened at the same time, but I can't remember why they did that. I had AP's for 8 years so I have seen a lot of openings and way back in the good old days they would open the park about 45 minutes early almost every day, not so anymore.

Aside from very light crowds for 2-3 hours getting to the park at opening makes for some really good photo ops. I have castle pictures where my family and the castle are all that you see, instead of seven other random people and some guys hand.

We were there a month ago and DL opened the main gates 1/2 hour before the park. then the rope drop and we were off. I would encourage everyone to get there when they opened, know the first three or four things you want to do and go for it. (my to my dd delight we were first in line for Dumbo one day) Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter