• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple of questions about the MYW plan

hygienejean

Diser since 2002!
Hi all!
My family is getting the MYW plan for our trip this fall. We are renting from a DVC owner. I do have a couple of questions I that I hope someone here may be able to help me with... :)

If we arrive on the 7th and leave on the 15th, how many days do I need to purchase. This is a total of 8 nights. Are we required to buy another day (which is our departure day)??? Do we have to buy the 8 nights, can we buy just say 6 nights worth???

How are these TS/CS/S credits kept track of? Are they tickets that you cash in? Is it a plastic card? Do we keep track of all meals and snacks. If for some reason we loose track, is there somewhere that we can find out what we have left?

Thank you!!!

Your post confused me some, so I apologize in advance if these answers don't fit your questions.

If you're asking about the dining-plan, you get 1 TS and 1 CS per night's-stay per person in that room. So an eight-night stay would give you 8 TS and 8 CS and 8 snacks per person. You can't buy fewer days' worth, I don't think. If there are 2 adults and 2 kids, then your room would have 32 TS credits, 32 CS credits, and 32 snack credits.

(If you're asking about park-passes, then yes, you can choose fewer than 8 days, but the price is almost the same for 9 days (arrival day thru departure day) as it would be for 6 days, so I don't know why you'd do that. It's literally less than $6.50 more for the 9 day park-pass vs. the 6 day for the adult ticket (and about $5 more for the child's).)

The TS/CS/S credits are on a database and tied electronically to your room-key. So your room-key (which is a plastic credit-card-like card) is also your meal-card, and everyone in that room has a card which has printed on it the number of adults and children in that room. That info is what tells a waiter/CM how many adults vs. kids meals to allow when ordering. But that's the only way that the adult/kids TS/CS/S's are differentiated. Only one person has to 'pay' with their card...it will cover everyone in the party and deduct the total TS/CS/S credits from your room-total. For example, if you have 32 TS credits (8 nights x 4 people in room), and you eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's, when you 'pay', it just subtracts 4 from your total of 32 and leaves you 28 more TS to use. If, on that same day, you ate dinner at 'Ohana, you could 'pay' using 4 more TS credits, leaving you with 24. When you run out, you're done with TS credits.

You keep track of how many TS/CS/S you have left by looking at the receipt after purchasing said TS/CS/S. When you pay for a TS with your dining-plan, the meal-receipt will show you how many TS's you have left. Same with CS's and S's. The TS receipt, though, will not show how many CS's you have left..just TS's.

If you lose track of your meals, the front-desk of your hotel can print a list of what you have left (as well as everywhere you've used them, which, btw, is a nice thing to have as a souvenir and realize how much you spent/saved...a nice thing to request at checkout :) )

Hope this helps. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter