a couple ?'s re: SSR

mickeyschickie

Disney Commando in Laid-back Mom disguise...heh he
In eighteen days- we will be going home!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
and since this will be our first stay @ SSR we had a couple of questions for those who have been fortunate enough to visit already.
1. Is there a building/room request that you would reccommend?
2. Do they do the refillable mug thing are Artist Pallette?
3. Does the walk-way to DTD take you to the Marketplace end or the West Side?
4. We will be getting a rental car, how far away is the parking from the buildings?

noooo! I wan't done yet and now I have more questions...don't know how my post got posted already....
5. What hours is Artist Palette open?
6. Does any site list rest. menus besides Deb's because her site only lists lunch for Artist Palette.

Thanks a bunch for any and all help that you could offer me!

Nicki

Hi! SSR is great, we stayed there in September for 2 weeks.

There is a refillable mug programme, you refill your cup at AP or at a self service counter by the pool.

The walkway from the buildings that are open leads you to marketplace, you wind up near the Christmas shop, it takes about 7 minutes. There is a walkway to Westside by check in but that will be a fair distance from your room, but certainly walkable.

Parking is right outside your unit. Plenty of parking at all times. The bus stop is by the car park too.

Dont know about opening hours for AP, it was open every time we went over there so I guess it opens early and closes late. I think the lunch and dinner menu is pretty similar. There are great daily specials like lasagne, meatball sub, chicken bake. We liked breakfast there a lot. I had a great scrambled egg and bacon flatbread. My daughter enjoyed the Mickey waffles.

I would recommend asking for a DTD view, it is great, but you have a high chance of getting one anyway as many of the rooms in the open buildings face DTD, only the end rooms have partial or non DTD views.

Have a wonderful trip!
Mandy::MinnieMo

mickeyschickie, we just returned from SSR a week ago, It was fantastic! I concur with mrsminniemouse's responses.

The hours at Artists Palette while we were there was 7:30am to 11:00pm. The menu options included flatbreads, sandwiches, soups, salads and a "special" of the day. The specials were like BBQ ribs or roast pork. They had childrens options like mac and cheese and hot dogs. Also great desserts! The breakfast platter has to be the best value on property. For $5.59 you get scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and a biscuit. They also had lighter options including fresh fruit. You also get a 10% discount at Artists Palette as a DVC perk.

Have fun.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter