A difficult confession

Country music is my favorite... why does every country song HAVE TO have alcohol involved?

Argh

Also,, I did something incredible today. You won't think anything of this, but it means something to me.

My wife is 2000 miles away at a funeral. She called me and said she felt guilty for having a good time with her cousins (funeral for uncle). I was supportive and told her it's OK. A funeral is not just a memorial, but a celebration of life and a time to reconnect.

The "old" me would have been angry and jealous.

If this is real, you need to very very careful trying to detox yourself off alcohol. I've had to admit more people in the hospital than I can count because they thought they could detox themselves and dry out. If you truly had a drinking problem where you drank to excess every day, you should really consider going to medical professional especially if you are home alone. Besides my professional job, I found my FIL on the floor 4 years ago after he tried to detox himself AGAIN. He was heavy cheap beer drinker. He needed to sober up to go see his 84 year old mother and when he tried he ended up having seizures and ultimately dying from brain damage. Trying to sober yourself up and dry out can kill you. Please think about reaching out for medical help and support through this process.

If this is real, you need to very very careful trying to detox yourself off alcohol. I've had to admit more people in the hospital than I can count because they thought they could detox themselves and dry out. If you truly had a drinking problem where you drank to excess every day, you should really consider going to medical professional especially if you are home alone. Besides my professional job, I found my FIL on the floor 4 years ago after he tried to detox himself AGAIN. He was heavy cheap beer drinker. He needed to sober up to go see his 84 year old mother and when he tried he ended up having seizures and ultimately dying from brain damage. Trying to sober yourself up and dry out can kill you. Please think about reaching out for medical help and support through this process.

Thank you for the advice. This is real. Unfortunately, our health insurance is not that great. We have to kind of do things on our own.

Again, thanks for the advice and I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes people forget or don't believe that addiction is real.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to set up a Microsoft "Teams" meeting to talk about all things" Disney and addiction." I have no idea how to do this, but I can try.

If this violates DIS policies, please take the request down. I have nothing to gain from this.

Thank you for the advice. This is real. Unfortunately, our health insurance is not that great. We have to kind of do things on our own.

Again, thanks for the advice and I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes people forget or don't believe that addiction is real.

I'm very familiar with helping people who do not have great or any health insurance but there are programs and ways to get help. You dying from detox is going to cost lot more than medical bills. Please think about reaching out to local AA at least and getting help and support. They will have the resources to help direct you to sliding scale clinics or at least know you are going through this and can help support you.

I'm sorry. these things get worse at night. "Wear Sunscreen." Bas Luhrmann"

Edited for bad typos

Last edited:
Nowisthetime:

"SO, I have that going for me."

If anyone can guess, I'll provide 1.00 toward a mickey bar

Also, the sweats are back, but it's OK. they're not coupled, so no complaints.

Edited for bad typos
Romeo + Juliet
If this is correct, it would be the second time in two days it has come up in my life after not being thought of in a decade. Weird

Edited for bad typos

I just played that "Song" for my DS who is a senior this year and has to start school online. Its very motivational, and I quite enjoy it.

I'm 42, don't know what song. Please DM.... the shakes are back!

his is going to be difficult to type:''The best part of The Zone, was when two ladies sat at a chair at the end of the queue, I knew they were seated there're. for a reason.

They moved after i stARED.

I',M SORRY. Im shaking so much

I'm going to do my best

I'm a ph.d. student.

I just kept trying. The tremors in my hand hurt.

I keep tryinging,

I just played that "Song" for my DS who is a senior this year and has to start school online. Its very motivational, and I quite enjoy it.

I can't sleep, but thank you. MAKE HIM WEAR SUNSCREEN!

1 thing left... Shakes. They're going away...

DO you mean senior on HS or college?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter