• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few questions about staying at the Fort

chapie1968

DIS Veteran
1- We are renting a trailer from Wilderness rentals who is going to come in and set it up.
We are doing online check in. Do we still have to stop at check in at the main gate or can we just enter using our magic bands and go to our site(We might have 2 dogs and I believe if we do we have to check in and notify them)

2- Should I bring along a small tote to bring shampoo/soap etc, to the showers at the comfort stations?

3- How are the bugs at the Fort? Will we need to make sure we have bug spray on at all times? Any particular recommendations of brand?

4- Is Trails End an easy day of reservation?

5- We have a golf cart, so do you think we should request a quieter more out of the way loop?

any other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
4- We have a golf cart, so do you think we should request a quieter more out of the way loop?

chapie,

Tell folks what level of site you reserved for your rental trailer (Full, Preferred, or Premium) so they can give you the right recommendations for a quiet loop. Some folks do prefer a quieter experience. If you've already decided to do the cart, then a quiet site makes a nice pairing. It's sort of a "best of both worlds" approach: quiet yet convenient.

Bama Ed

A tote would be handy for showering at the CS.

Trail's End reservations depends on when you are going. Slower times you can usually get in with a 24 hour notice.

They were giving out free bug spray at check in. Maybe recent visitors can let us know if they are still doing that.

We are just back from the Fort. We didn't get any personal bug spray to use when we checked in, but there were stations at all of the bus stops that said something along the lines of-mosquito repellent. But, we didn't use bug spray and didn't notice the need to.

bugs have never been a problem on any of our trips, spring, summer & fall. Trails end depends on time of day, for a late breakfast (9:30) we have walked up during spring break and only waited 20 minutes to be seated, not sure on dinner, if we ever eat dinner at FW its usually PJ's take out back to the RV (pro tip, your welcome)

I'll try answering your questions below.

1- Do we still have to stop at check in at the main gate or can we just enter using our magic bands and go to our site(We might have 2 dogs and I believe if we do we have to check in and notify them). If you do on line check in and you received your text with the site, you can go straight to your site. Last year I was there with friends who rented. The rental company couldn't deliver the trailer until they had arrived. Not sure if that is still the case.

2- Should I bring along a small tote to bring shampoo/soap etc, to the showers at the comfort stations? That's a good idea if you use the Fort CS, but the trailer will probably have a nice shower (and a nice water heater).

3- How are the bugs at the Fort? Will we need to make sure we have bug spray on at all times? Any particular recommendations of brand? Bugs are generally not a problem and you won't need spray, but there are times it can be bad. I was there the week after hurricane Irma came through and the mosquitos were pretty bad. Any brand will work. We buy the cheapest brand at home and keep cans in the camper.

4- Is Trails End an easy day of reservation? Like others said, it depends on the season. If it is during free dining in the Fall, you will want a reservation. The last few trips, i have been able to get a same day reservation. One, I booked on the boat heading back from MK and we walked over from the boat dock.

5- We have a golf cart, so do you think we should request a quieter more out of the way loop? I would, one of the benefits of having a cart. Or you can just see where they assign you. None of the loops are really noisy.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter