A Few Questions

DCA is very similar in concept to Hollywood Studios (minus galaxy's edge, plus Avengers Campus and Cars land.)

DL is smaller, but it is packed much more densely than MK, plus it has Galaxy's Edge. Compare the # of attractions that DL has to MK, and you will see (DL has more attractions than MK).
Thanks for this information. Appreciated!

I bet you can find a cheaper car rental than $700 for your 7 night trip. Have you tried Costco Car Rental? We're going next week for 10 days and our mini van rental will be less than $600! It's really more convenient to rent a car in Southern California especially if you have non-Disneyland activities that you want to do. And no they shouldn't make you pay for parking at a hotel if you don't have a car. Just tell the front desk when you check in (former front desk agent here)

Also I feel like you could get an affordable hotel room closer to the park especially with your trip not happening until August. We have gone to DL resort twice around the same time and I can usually score a reasonably priced room if I book in advance. Check out the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. It is literally just across Harbor from the DL entrance and right now their rates for your dates of travel start at $139 ($129 with AAA discount). It's a basic motel set up with a variety of room options (regular hotel rooms plus various size suites.) But the room are clean, spacious and they do offer a continental breakfast too. The location makes it super easy to go back for a mid-day break and really hotels during DL are just for sleeping between park days, at least for us! Honestly for your DL dates I'd stay as close to the parks as you can and you could always move to Great Wolf before/after your park days. We always do split stays since we do DL then head down to see family in Oceanside. Plus I'm cheap and there's 6 of us so if I have to move hotels during the trip to get the cheapest price I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter