• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

a good pen for getting pillow cases signed`

spoiled_momma

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a good black sharpie like pen to get pillow cases signed for the kids..
I figured that someone on here has bound to have done this before and knows of a good pen that wont bleed or run.

thanks

I don't know if they even use your pens. I didn't get one and they signed it with a black marker. I remembered reading other posters posting that they returned their signed pillowcases with the pens never opened.

We are just using the pillowcase (which is really adorable) as a decoration and not for sleeping. I'm afraid to wash it.

They had all kinds of fabric pens. Look for one that is permanent and does not require ironing to set it. I got a white XXL- t-shirt (to sleep in) and a white canvas apron signed as it was just my dh and I. Mickey & friends declined to accept a tip. So they will do things other than pillowcases as long as they are plain white.

They definitely used my pens (set of 3 colors). I think that people mostly give them Sharpies so there's no point opening up multiples of the same marker. The guest services person specifically noted that my pens were really good. My t-shirt & apron have held up great through repeated washings!!

:wave: Cupcake

I just took a laundry marker that I bought at Walmart and included it in with my pillow case that I took to guest services. The signatures are still there after several washes.
Debra

We took a multi color pack of Sarpie brand markers. They used all of the colors. Put a piece of wax paper inside of the pillow case and it will keep it from bleeding thru. We also pinned a piece of felt the size of are transfer on the pillow and wrote for them not to sign in that area.

Does it have to be a white pillow case.. I got some disney brand pillow cases at Kmart but they are not white. They didn't have white today while I was there. But I did get two colors that black wouyld show up on nicely

It does not have to be white. I took three pillowcases of different colors from Kmart (they did have tiny Mickey heads across the top) and they signed them, no problem. I also forgot to bring the sharpies I had bought but they signed them in black marker. Enjoy your cruise!! My kids thought the pillowcases were great!

We did not include any markers and the kid's pillow cases came back signed in several colors. They have been washed a few times and appear to be holding up well.

Mike

I bought 2 pillowcases to the Guest services each in its own ziplock bag with its own marker.

The guest service person told me to take my markers back as they have their own.

I brought a Princess pillowcase and a Mickey and gang firetruck pillow case. If the character's picture was on the pillowcase, then they signed by it. Very cute. We have washed them numerous times and they have held up great.

So, in a word... don't worry about the markers!

Have Fun!

We didn't go out and spend a bundle on Disney pillowcases. We bought some plain white ones and made our own with a picture and iron transfer paper for the printer. Here's a link to a pictue of how they turned out.
PhotoView.jsp

We also had our Room Steward and Wait Staff sign the back of our pillowcases on our recent cruise. Each of them wrote a small personal message to my girls....It was wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter