A Good Walk Spoiled

I never heard of walking. I wanted july 29-aug5 In grand villa BWV. I Had two different memberships. I was able to get 30-aug4 But had to book July 29 and night of Aug 4 separately. Hoping we will not have to move.

I never heard of walking. I wanted july 29-aug5 In grand villa BWV. I Had two different memberships. I was able to get 30-aug4 But had to book July 29 and night of Aug 4 separately. Hoping we will not have to move.
If they are all the same room types, you can have MS merge the reservation into one, that way you won't have to move.

If they are all the same room types, you can have MS merge the reservation into one, that way you won't have to move.

Rooms on different memberships can not be merged into one.

However, MS can note they are a continuous stay and while they don’t guarantee it, we do it all the time and have never had to change rooms.

Rooms of the same room type that were booked at different times on the same membership are the ones that can be merged together.

Rooms on different memberships can not be merged into one.

However, MS can note they are a continuous stay and while they don’t guarantee it, we do it all the time and have never had to change rooms.

Rooms of the same room type that were booked at different times on the same membership are the ones that can be merged together.
Yes, I missed the part about 2 memberships... I agree about having MS add continuing stay to the reservations then.

Yes, I missed the part about 2 memberships... I agree about having MS add continuing stay to the reservations then.
Thanks that’s what we did. Just hopes it works, since the add ones are over the weekend a Saturday night and a Friday night to make it continuous. wishing On a star!

Thanks that’s what we did. Just hopes it works, since the add ones are over the weekend a Saturday night and a Friday night to make it continuous. wishing On a star!
When you first arrive, check with the front desk to confirm you’re set up that way. It’s easier to fix at that time. And remember, Disney wants to keep you in the same room - saves on housekeeping!

Yes this is exactly why we transferred points - when you tell MS you have two contiguous reservations (same room type, same people) they link it or note so you rarely have to move. And as others have noted tell the front desk because they do want you to not have to move. It’s always worked out for us.

We however wanted it to not even be something we think about on this trip, hence the transferring of our own points between memberships. Yes it uses our one annual transfer, but eases our minds.

Yes this is exactly why we transferred points - when you tell MS you have two contiguous reservations (same room type, same people) they link it or note so you rarely have to move. And as others have noted tell the front desk because they do want you to not have to move. It’s always worked out for us.

We however wanted it to not even be something we think about on this trip, hence the transferring of our own points between memberships. Yes it uses our one annual transfer, but eases our minds.

DVC is now giving owners who have more than one membership the ability to transfer points between them multiple times. While that can change at any time, it is the current practice.

And, it doesn't use up your one and only. That is still reserved for points from a membership other than one you own. We don't transfer very often, if at all, but this past year, I have found being short a few points and did transfer vs. borrow.

Not sure I will do that again because I have to keep track of it and since I change and amend trips all the time, it is a bit more work!

I didn’t think I could transfer , since one is a resale. I did have to buy 24 points, which is first time I ever did that.
Having resale vs. direct points doesn't impact the ability to transfer the points, but it doesn't change the rules of use for the points.

If you have resale points that have restrictions on them in some way, they can still be transferred into a direct contract membership, but those points still carry the same restrictions.

For example, if you have points restricted from RIV and VDH, and transfer them to an account with points that are good there, the system won't let you use those points if you try to book. But, if you were booking something else, then the resale points will work just as they would in their own membership.

Having resale vs. direct points doesn't impact the ability to transfer the points, but it doesn't change the rules of use for the points.

If you have resale points that have restrictions on them in some way, they can still be transferred into a direct contract membership, but those points still carry the same restrictions.

For example, if you have points restricted from RIV and VDH, and transfer them to an account with points that are good there, the system won't let you use those points if you try to book. But, if you were booking something else, then the resale points will work just as they would in their own membership.
Thank you, I will keep that in mind next reservation. It’s just 85 points but it helps.

DVC is now giving owners who have more than one membership the ability to transfer points between them multiple times. While that can change at any time, it is the current practice.

That's good to know, thanks. We have transferred in from other members many times when we are short of points. Would rather do that than rent since we maintain control of the points and reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter