• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A horrible rumor to spread

I wonder why they didn't do both? They could have used colored wristbands, one for ppl willing to roleplay one for those that didn't, or even have them be dif colors on each side so everyone could choose at any moment if they were willing to engage in roleplay. And then have the Itinerary as an optional "follow the story" activity... they could have built more rooms and let ppl enjoy at their own pace and be able to redo their favorite parts of the experience.

This is DISNEYFIED Star Wars which is why it's such a colossal mess.

I listened to Jackie talk about it on the podcast recently and her POV is positive because she's looking at it FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE.

There are different levels of Star Wars fans. We are NOT one size fits all.

And Disney has shown that they do NOT understand the core fanbase.

I am ONLY speaking to what I see in the parks as I have fewer issues with the TV/Movies and Rogue One is now my 2nd favorite of the entire saga.

The Star Wars Universe is not a choice between Frosty Blue Milk and Frosty Green Milk. It's not Kat Saka's fancy popcorn and a Ronto Wrap.

It's Darth Vader wiping out an entire ship of people in search of stolen plans. It's Han shooting Greedo first. It's the HERO of Rogue One killing a man who is ON HIS SIDE to prevent his capture by the Empire and protect the Rebellion. It's dirty. Gritty. And messy.

So, you may get Disney-style SW fans who can reconcile both POVs and still enjoy it. But many are looking at that and saying, "No thanks."

I began a rewatch of Deep Space 9 the other day and the "bridge" for the Starcruiser looks like a set from that show in the 90s. The "lightsaber training" looks less interesting than the Padawan thing they used to do with the kids FOR FREE at HS. Twi'lek women don't cover up that much. They look like the dancer Jabba had chained to his throne.

There is no way I would spend the money for this.

This is probably one one of the best ways to explain SW fans in their truest diehard fashion.

I am a borderline interested viewer. I love the ideas, the worlds, and the characters, but I would not classify myself as a REAL SW fan.
However from what I know of my personal friends that are diehard fans, I would agree with you that DISNEY really doesn’t understand the SW fan base.It’s a whole other world; literally. I feel like in order for this SW hotel to be a hit at these prices, they better hope to wow the pants off all of the fans. So many were disappointed with Galaxy’s Edge as it is. I think GE is cool…but mostly because I don’t understand half of it! I could totally skip it.

I have a lot of running friends that have planned their trips around this SW hotel experience so it will be interesting for sure to hear the reviews as they start coming out!

This "captain" reminds me of my aunt Ruth only blue after I did something wrong and she was going to tell my parents. Can't wait for the reviews.

I wonder how many of the cancellations are pandemic related, rather than being precipitated by the shoddy videos.

More than I think a lot of people realize. Myself for example (and many of my Disney friends) are very interested in doing this at least once, and we have the money, but we don't want to go particularly when stepping foot on a cruise ship is a problem (and this is just a on land cruise ship) and when masks are worn as it is distracting from the overall enjoyment. But once indoor masks are gone and people feel safe, I think we will see a big uptick.

I began a rewatch of Deep Space 9 the other day and the "bridge" for the Starcruiser looks like a set from that show in the 90s.
My first thought when I saw the promo for the galactic star cruise was: this looks more like Star Trek than Star Wars. Like the lounge with the singer? I half expected to see Guinan behind the bar.

(Also, I think the final season of DS9 was some of the best television ever produced.)

My first thought when I saw the promo for the galactic star cruise was: this looks more like Star Trek than Star Wars. Like the lounge with the singer? I half expected to see Guinan behind the bar.

(Also, I think the final season of DS9 was some of the best television ever produced.)
My thoughts exactly. Very similar to the Star Trek experience that was in Vegas.

This "captain" reminds me of my aunt Ruth only blue after I did something wrong and she was going to tell my parents. Can't wait for the reviews.

View attachment 641687

I'd consider paying those prices for an april fools cruise where they spoofed the experience. I believe the Fox acquisition gives Disney the control to have the majestic actor Tobias Funke play the captain.

I remember seeing a defunctland YouTube video a couple years back that that resort has only turned a profit a handful of years in its entire existence. Especially now that Shanghai has opened
HKDL made a small profit from 2012 to 2014. Most years, it has lost.

It has already flopped. Bookings are low and excitement, at large, is not there. The itinerary look boring and linear, not like you’re creating your own adventure. NOTHING they’ve shown looks intriguing or even of quality. It reminds me of the “premium cabanas” they had in Tomorrowland a few years back. Nothing premium but the price.

It’s cheaper to go on a 5 night Disney cruise with a veranda and a Star Wars at sea day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter