A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Park Day 2- Epcot Sunday, December 15th. It's a Beautiful Morning continued.

We were moving so fast I didn't get any pictures prior to getting on. This is the only half way decent picture we took on the ride and it's blurry. We just had to have a Sven picture for John Paul.

We were seated at the back of the boat so you can't see Danielle or JP, but I promise they are there.

He did really love the ride and I'm glad we started our day with it. Once we exited the ride we had to stop for our traditional pictures. First a picture with the Troll.

Next was a picture with the waterfall. This picture was much prettier before they walled it up.

I'm going to throw in a picture from our Mardi Gras 2004 trip. This was Danielle way back then.

Danielle waterfall 2004.jpg

It was now 9:25 so we needed to hurry to get to Test Track.

More of the Beautiful Morning as we made our way over there.

Up next is Text Track and entertaining a 2 year-old.

You just had to rub it in.
But of course! :laughing:
Interesting guy. He passed in 2008.
Hmmm... "Interesting".
Can read that several ways.
Did you try it yet?
No, not yet. But I'm hoping in the not too distant future.
I wanted to see Epcot Forever since we have never seen it
I wonder if I'll ever see it. I mean... it's possible the new show will be there before I get back.
Gary Sinse was the speaker that night.
That'd be a good one!
We wanted to catch Living with the Land at night to see the Christmas decoration lit up too.
They do Christmas decorations on the ride?
My really big must see was the Christmas storytellers and entertainment through out the park. I did not want to miss hearing Voices of Liberty sing Christmas songs.
That'd be fantastic!!
Our morning started with the one thing I was really dreading, bathing John Paul. Showers are not fun for 2 year-olds.
:sad2:
There was a shower head that was removable so Dennis was able to move it around instead of making the poor kid stand under a shower head.
Phew. Thank goodness for that at least.
I brushed his hair as best I could but did get a text from Michelle advising that I had done it wrong.
:rolleyes:
Cool shot!
Two pretty ladies. :) (And JP!)
I was amazed and how BIG Caribbean Beach Resort was. It just seemed to go on and on.
The only reason I have no interest in staying there.
This was our first time entering the park through the "private entrance". The crowds didn't look too bad, at least not nearly as bad as the front entrance.
I've done that a few times and... it's so much better!
Don't you just love empty park pictures.
::yes::
Was the tea actually flowing? Or just static plastic?
Once they opened the ride we walked right on. I think we were the 3rd or 4th boat.
Nice. Gotta love rope drop.
First a picture with the Troll.
No finger up the nose? Fail! :laughing:
This was Danielle way back then.
Awww... :)

I love the flashback photo at the watefall! Had to feel a little crazy for you, seeing your youngest holding your grandson and remembering the 2004 shot. Time flies...

Hmmm... "Interesting".
Can read that several ways.

It's open to interputation.

No, not yet. But I'm hoping in the not too distant future.

Please let me know.

I wonder if I'll ever see it. I mean... it's possible the new show will be there before I get back.

Who know when we will see any nighttime entertainment.

They do Christmas decorations on the ride?

Yes they do and at night the lights are shinning.

Cool shot!

Dennis was in the zone.

Two pretty ladies. :) (And JP!)

Thank you!

Was the tea actually flowing? Or just static plastic?

I have no idea. Now I want to go back to see how they did that.

Nice. Gotta love rope drop.

Rope drop or bust!

No finger up the nose? Fail! :laughing:

Not this trip but I do have some from the past just can't put my finger on them right now.

I love the flashback photo at the watefall! Had to feel a little crazy for you, seeing your youngest holding your grandson and remembering the 2004 shot. Time flies...

Thank you! It's amazing how fast they do grow up. I love watching them grow in the Disney environment.

Please let me know.
I'll try to remember!
Who know when we will see any nighttime entertainment.
Yeah... :(
Yes they do and at night the lights are shinning.
Really! Now I want to see that. :)
I have no idea. Now I want to go back to see how they did that.
:laughing: You're no help at all!
Not this trip but I do have some from the past just can't put my finger on them right now.
:laughing:

It really was a beautiful start to your day. Love that florida sky. Don’t envy you the showering of a 2yo but at least JP was a happy chap after that ordeal. Love all the photos. It’s totally amazing seeing our families grow up at Disney. Not sure how TT will go but I can’t wait to find out :goodvibes

It really was a beautiful start to your day. Love that florida sky. Don’t envy you the showering of a 2yo but at least JP was a happy chap after that ordeal. Love all the photos. It’s totally amazing seeing our families grow up at Disney. Not sure how TT will go but I can’t wait to find out :goodvibes

Can't beat the Florida sky when it's blue. JP did not like the shower at all but he is a morning person so he got over it pretty quick. So much more to post for this day.

Spicy chicken.
The Mac n cheese left much to be desired. The biscuit was pretty good.
But the chicken was very good!

The menu must be different there. I don't think I've ever gotten Mac n Cheese. Your biscuit looks small too. My favorite side is the Cajun rice. Dennis and the kids like the red beans & rice and the mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm so happy you liked he spicy chicken. I see your a fellow dark meat eater.

The menu must be different there. I don't think I've ever gotten Mac n Cheese.
Here's a list of sides available in Canada:
Cajun poutine
Coleslaw
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Onion rings
Mac n cheese
Cajun fries
Red beans & rice
Corn on the cob
Biscuits

So we don't have the Cajun rice or green beans. But I'll take the poutine if it's decent. (Haven't had it)
And we have a few others that you don't (Onion rings, Mac n cheese, Corn on the cob (wouldn't trust that one. Has to be fresh.)

Your biscuit looks small too.
Okay, so it's not just me. I thought it was pretty small too.
My favorite side is the Cajun rice.
Unfortunately that's one we don't have.
Dennis and the kids like the red beans & rice and the mashed potatoes and gravy.
And that (beans & rice) is one that doesn't appeal to me at all.
I'm so happy you liked he spicy chicken. I see your a fellow dark meat eater.
I did like the spicy chicken!
And, I just took what they gave me. I would've been happy with white meat too and suspect I would've gotten one if I'd asked for 3 pieces or specified "white meat only" (Like I heard one customer say).
But... when it comes to fried chicken, I do like the dark meat more, usually.

We were thrilled to get a chance to ride the sky buckets again.

"Sky Buckets"!! :lmao:
My really big must see was the Christmas storytellers and entertainment through out the park.

I really want to see these too. I hope I can do a Christmas trip soon.

I brushed his hair as best I could but did get a text from Michelle advising that I had done it wrong.

Huh? I mean... Um, he got a shower with no small effort. Does it matter? LOL!
As we came into International Gateway we got a glimpse of the work being done in France. I really hope this gets finished before the Fall.

Me too!! It's taken so long!

We made our way through the United Kingdom. Don't you just love empty park pictures.

Yes!! Just beautiful!

but Danielle proposed we do something for JP and head towards Frozen instead.
Awww, good call!!

Ok, finally did a marathon reading and now caught up! I won't bother quoting previous things, but I'm happy Dennis is doing better!

Here's a list of sides available in Canada:
Cajun poutine
Coleslaw
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Onion rings
Mac n cheese
Cajun fries
Red beans & rice
Corn on the cob
Biscuits

So we don't have the Cajun rice or green beans. But I'll take the poutine if it's decent. (Haven't had it)
And we have a few others that you don't (Onion rings, Mac n cheese, Corn on the cob (wouldn't trust that one. Has to be fresh.)

It looks like the menu is catered to the area. I would like to try the poutine too. Most of the sides offered in Canada sound like the sides we have at KFC or Church's.

Okay, so it's not just me. I thought it was pretty small too.

::yes::

And that (beans & rice) is one that doesn't appeal to me at all.

You don't like Red Beans & Rice? That is a southern tradition. Is it the beans you don't like or what?

I did like the spicy chicken!
And, I just took what they gave me. I would've been happy with white meat too and suspect I would've gotten one if I'd asked for 3 pieces or specified "white meat only" (Like I heard one customer say).
But... when it comes to fried chicken, I do like the dark meat more, usually.

I prefer dark meat chicken for just about all chicken dishes. I do make a lot of chicken breast meals but when I can I opt for the dark meat.

I really want to see these too. I hope I can do a Christmas trip soon.

Me too! I would to go back @ Christmas again.

Huh? I mean... Um, he got a shower with no small effort. Does it matter? LOL!

I was thrilled I got him bathed. I have to admit he did look cuter once I got his hair right.

Ok, finally did a marathon reading and now caught up! I won't bother quoting previous things, but I'm happy Dennis is doing better!

So happy your back on the boards. Thank you for thinking of Dennis. It was so scary at the time.

As soon as the closed the Asian parks I thought of you. I was really enjoying you trip report on the parks there. I keep thinking how different they must be now.

View attachment 495085

Beauty and the Beast was lit up too.
View attachment 495086

And John Paul slept through it all. After watching the Christmas projections for awhile Danielle and I decided to ride Tower of Terror. This is my favorite ride in this park. I love the drops. Dennis rides it when he has to but he was perfectly fine staying with a sleeping John Paul while we rode. I think the wait time was posted at about 25 minutes but we walked straight through the to pre-show Twilight room.

I think everyone had a great ride, except maybe the guy sleeping in the front.
View attachment 495087

My heart was happy. We still had a little bit of time until Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam started. I really wanted to see this since it was another first for all of us but we finally hit the wall. It had been a VERY long and busy day. JP had woken up but was still out of it. We agreed to call it a night and head back to POP. Having missed Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam just makes me want to go back at Christmas time again. Taking the Skyliner back to Pop was a breeze. Once back we made a detour to Everything Pop to pick up some milk and fruit for JP. This ended up being something we did almost every night. I picked him up a banana and some grapes on this stop. We had the left over pizza but he didn't want it. I didn't feel up to fighting the shower so we changed JP into his jammies and gave him his milk. He settled into the bed with Grumpy and watched some TV while Danielle and I got things ready for the next day and got ready for bed. When it came time to turn out the lights I really thought he was going to sleep with Danielle and I. When he stays overnight with us he always sleeps with me usually in the spare bedroom. Dennis swears he can't get a good nights sleep when JP sleeps with us.

View attachment 495091

The next morning this is what I found.
View attachment 495092
The next day was Sunday, December 15th our first Epcot day.

I had received a Fitbit for my birthday before our trip and tried to keep track of my steps. I didn't have 9 hours of activity due to the time not moving for the flight but I did have 19,392 steps.

Love all the holiday lights and decorations! It's my favorite time of year to visit WDW!

ToT is my favorite attraction (so far) at Hollywood Studios. I always feel a litte bit bad for those whose faces in ride photos whose faces get blocked - hopefully there was another photo where they could get a good attraction pic! The "sleeping" guy in the front row was funny though!

So happy your back on the boards. Thank you for thinking of Dennis. It was so scary at the time.

As soon as the closed the Asian parks I thought of you. I was really enjoying you trip report on the parks there. I keep thinking how different they must be now.
Thanks! I will definitely be getting back to that TR soon! Just needed to take a break for my mental health! And I spend so much time at home in front of a computer for work, I don't really want to do it in my spare time too!

Hello! I think I'm just joining, but I really could have joined in long ago and forgotten…I am trying to get back on track with my trip report reading!

Anyway, I love all your DHS Christmas photos. My DD and I were there last December but it was such a quick trip that we missed a lot, like the projection show on ToT. I'm hoping to go again in December 2021 and see it all!

We'll also be there this October 6-12th…hopefully! And I believe you and I will be at the same MNSSHP! Food and Wine would be nice, but I'm thinking maybe not, and I'll be okay with that. I am actually more sad that HEA won't be there, but we go back next April and surely it'll be back by then!

I love your throwback pic of your little princesses!

Love all the holiday lights and decorations! It's my favorite time of year to visit WDW!

I love them too! There was just so much to see. I still want to see the Fall decorations.

ToT is my favorite attraction (so far) at Hollywood Studios. I always feel a litte bit bad for those whose faces in ride photos whose faces get blocked - hopefully there was another photo where they could get a good attraction pic! The "sleeping" guy in the front row was funny though!

ToT is my favorite too! I feel bad about blocking those behind me. Next time I'm going to try & remember not to put my "hands up" unless I'm on the back row.

Thanks! I will definitely be getting back to that TR soon! Just needed to take a break for my mental health! And I spend so much time at home in front of a computer for work, I don't really want to do it in my spare time too!

I totally understand. I worked from home for about a month and a half and did not want to get back on the computer for the rest of the day.

Hello! I think I'm just joining, but I really could have joined in long ago and forgotten…I am trying to get back on track with my trip report reading!

:welcome: So happy to have you here. I've been slowly reading your French Quarter report. I'm still in the Epic girl's trip part.

Anyway, I love all your DHS Christmas photos. My DD and I were there last December but it was such a quick trip that we missed a lot, like the projection show on ToT. I'm hoping to go again in December 2021 and see it all!

We were there for 8 days and still missed a lot. I REALLY want to go back again.

We'll also be there this October 6-12th…hopefully! And I believe you and I will be at the same MNSSHP! Food and Wine would be nice, but I'm thinking maybe not, and I'll be okay with that. I am actually more sad that HEA won't be there, but we go back next April and surely it'll be back by then!

We really need to meet up. We don't come in until the 8th. Dennis asked last night if he could possibly join us. I really hope they do Food and Wine safely. I've never been there for it and really want to experience it. Fingers crossed more experiences open back up before October.

I love your throwback pic of your little princesses!

Thank you! Danielle was a cutie when she was little.

I love them too! There was just so much to see. I still want to see the Fall decorations.

ToT is my favorite too! I feel bad about blocking those behind me. Next time I'm going to try & remember not to put my "hands up" unless I'm on the back row.

I totally understand. I worked from home for about a month and a half and did not want to get back on the computer for the rest of the day.

:welcome: So happy to have you here. I've been slowly reading your French Quarter report. I'm still in the Epic girl's trip part.

We were there for 8 days and still missed a lot. I REALLY want to go back again.

We really need to meet up. We don't come in until the 8th. Dennis asked last night if he could possibly join us. I really hope they do Food and Wine safely. I've never been there for it and really want to experience it. Fingers crossed more experiences open back up before October.

Thank you! Danielle was a cutie when she was little.

I'm sorry! I didn't even see you in the ride photo and didn't mean to say it was you. Everyone should enjoy the ride :) Sometimes faces get blocked out of ride photos for lots of reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter